Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Thanks for letting me know about this function. xD

MBTI
    ENTJ

I'm not saying you shouldn't ask for help. Au contraire. I'm just saying that you should be mindful of what a pain in the ass this is going to be seen as for most people. Now if you promised to webcam with them naked for 5 minutes or something, you'd have multiple dudes PM'ing looking to help. You have to balance the stress required against the reward.
    You're right, Synarch. I was just being sort of impatient and 'let's get this done NOW!' without thinking about. Something I often do. But I ended up getting it figured out (with lots of help) so yay!

I also don't feel quite as stupid anymore given how it seems I was not the only one who didn't know about this function of the board.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    You're right, Synarch. I was just being sort of impatient and 'let's get this done NOW!' without thinking about. Something I often do. But I ended up getting it figured out (with lots of help) so yay!

I also don't feel quite as stupid anymore given how it seems I was not the only one who didn't know about this function of the board.
    You can't know EVERYTHING. I am always more impressed with people who admit to not KNOWING something. It's a sign of confidence. Like "Yeah, shit, I don't know. How does this work?"

Much better than pretending.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I didn't know about rep comments either until a few months after I signed up.
    I just found out about it in this thread! After reading the thread, I'm not sure I understand any of it. Actually, I'm sure I don't. I'm sure it's weird to respond to those messages six months after they were made...

I'll have to reread this thread later.

heart on fire

I don't think its that important to respond to rep messages, they are just casual comments on your posts that people feel moved to make yet don't want to clutter up the board and also doesn't warrant sending a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    You can't know EVERYTHING. I am always more impressed with people who admit to not KNOWING something. It's a sign of confidence. Like "Yeah, shit, I don't know. How does this work?"

Much better than pretending.
    Totally. It's hard to be honest about things like that sometimes, and I see it as a very likeable trait when people don't take themselves or how intelligent they appear that seriously. Kangirl, you've made me laugh this whole thread.
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I don't think its that important to respond to rep messages, they are just casual comments on your posts that people feel moved to make yet don't want to clutter up the board and also doesn't warrant sending a PM.
    I rarely respond to rep comments and get surprised when people respond to mine. And I kinda see them kinda like the 'uh huh' or laughs or whatever you'd you give if you were listening to someone IRL.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

So somehow in my settings my user reputation was turned off. I turned it back on and there is a long list of comments. Ah! I never saw any of these before! It let people leave rep comments for me but I couldn't see them!

!!!

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    So somehow in my settings my user reputation was turned off. I turned it back on and there is a long list of comments. Ah! I never saw any of these before! It let people leave rep comments for me but I couldn't see them!

!!!
    I've just discovered I've done the same!!!
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I only had one angry comment out of them all, that's not too awful right? Of course, I'm hoping the "I don't care what other people say about you" comment was a joke.