User Tag List

First 23456 Last

a comment is the content of a point. it can be left "empty". then the point will be pretty meaningless.

as for the numerical value or the worth of the point, i dont get it myself

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I don't expect a reply when I leave a rep comment. It's just a nice little gesture to show someone I appreciated their post - no return necessary.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    OK. OK. So. A rep point and a comment are NOT the same thing? But they can go together? Does the act of leaving a comment automatically leave a rep point or what?

*steam begins to escape ears*

(not your fault, Peguy, I'm just easily frustrated)
    It's ok, I'm here to help you.

Well in order to leave a comment you have to give a rep point. Just try this. See the the little scale on the bottom left corner of my post, between the circle and the yield sign? Click on that, and the rep point coment pop-up should come up allowing you to make a comment. When done typing, just click "Add to Reputation".

What the hell is Vent? Is it a secret club?
    It's an audio chat room program. Just imagine, I could seduce you all-night with my actual voice.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Hmmmm. Audio chat makes me think I would need some kind of device to speak into. I'm not sure, but i don't think I have this.

It's ok, I'm here to help you.
    "help" = "give cupcakes to" ?
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Hmmmm. Audio chat makes me think I would need some kind of device to speak into. I'm not sure, but i don't think I have this.
    There's also text chat. There's others who don't have a mic either, and most people don't talk anyway. They just use text chat. So you'll be fine.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

Sniffles

A microphone. Although there is a text chat portion of the program.

"help" = "give cupcakes to" ?
    Uhhhh....sure sweety.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

They're called "reputation points" because, on similar forums (and on this one, once upon a time), you click other users' reputation scales to lower or raise their reputation. Then all the world will know how other members value their posts: positively, negatively, very positively, very negatively, mainly neutral, etc. On some forums that have this feature, some members have a giant red bar under their names, instead of a small harmless green square. This means that the other members of the forum have continuously given that person negative reputation points: often because they just didn't like what the poster said. (You can also see posters with large green bars, which means the opposite.)

You can see how that system can lead to hurt feelings, abuse of the originally helpful purpose, and because veteran posters are usually allowed more potency for any reps they give, can foster a clique-like atmosphere...

So apparently this site had decided long ago to shut off the whole system. We can still send messages to each other in those boxes, but with no real purpose anymore.

---

Ventrilo: You should sign up, though the signing up process is kind of confusing. You can text-chat with us, like on AIM, etc., and also can hear us speaking in real voice. If you get a microphone, you can do the same.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ENTJ

So if I don't know if I have a mic then I probably don't have one, right? (honestly, I am not joking about being stupid about this stuff - this is getting humiliating)

Also, I'm glad we've got the rep thing turned off on this site. And anyone who says it's because I would have a red line through my name and not because I am simply a kind person, is lying.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

Sniffles

So if I don't know if I have a mic then I probably don't have one, right? (honestly, I am not joking about being stupid about this stuff - this is getting humiliating)
    Don't worry, I can be quite the Sensotard too.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Yes, probably.

Do you have one of these?

Or any of the infinite variations there are. If you don't, no voice chat for you! But you could still use text.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin