User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default Echoes of Eco & Mutters of Others

You know, Economica has always seemed to display personal preferences that are discordant with logic...

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    True. But let's give our temperament the benefit of the doubt in this particular situation, shall we, instead of possibly faultily taking the behavior of said NTs upon our head? I worry that not doing so practically guarantees an an unnecessary NT/NF clash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    I hate to say this, but... I don't think Beyonce's had much of an incentive to develop a personality. (Am I being an evil T now? )
    Does this really look like something you would expect a Thinking type to say? I'm beginning to think that she might be either an INFJ or (less likely) an ISFJ. She might be an INTJ, but if she is, she must have had an unduly harsh upbringing, because I think it takes a lot to make an INTJ act like that.

EDIT: Please note that this was not my idea, I just didn't realize that Uberfuhrer and Jennifer were joking in the thread this was split from...
    Last edited by Athenian200; 08-24-2007 at 02:40 AM. Reason: fixed thread title

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    You know, Economica has always seemed to display personal preferences that are discordant with logic...

Does this really look like something you would expect a Thinking type to say? I'm beginning to think that she might be either an INFJ or (less likely) an ISFJ. She might be an INTJ, but if she is, she must have had an unduly harsh upbringing, because I think it takes a lot to make an INTJ act like that.
    You're seriously questioning her type, as opposed to the joking by Uber?

Well, as someone who has devoured all that is MBTI lit (both in books and online) I am certain I am an INTJ.
    Nothing in Economica's behavior has ever made me question whether she is the same type as me or not.
    I think you're making personality too one-dimensional, or perhaps basing your entire perception on certain types based off of the relatively little life experience you've had with them. INTJs are not all the unfeeling dreamer-robots that it is often joked they are; healthy INTJs care very passionately about people and fairness, which I think is exactly what you are experiencing here.

Edit: no, I'm not angry, just fulfilling this INTJ trademark of being convinced
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Nothing in Economica's behavior has ever made me question whether she is the same type as me or not.
    Really? I don't agree at all with Athenia's suggestions, but I could make a very good case for ESTJ if I had to do so... at least based on her online presentation.

But I'd rather take this up in a different thread, since this one belongs to someone who just joined.

Of course, the most important point here is this:

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
    In any case I should get to know her better; I like her.
    We're all one happy bunch, regardless of type.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Really? I don't agree at all with Athenia's suggestions, but I could make a very good case for ESTJ if I had to do so... at least based on her online presentation.

But I'd rather take this up in a different thread, since this one belongs to someone who just joined.
    Nope. I think I identify a lot more with Economica than other INTJs here like Nat & Wolf, for instance (not that I don't identify with them... Nat has mentioned that she, too, finds it easier to socialize with the boys, for instance).
    (And NotaPrettyGal never POSTS so I don't know her well. I know she reads though. That creepy-internet-stalking stuff makes me feel like I can safely say I identify with her pretty strongly.)
    Why, what would you type me based off my online persona?

btw, I also really like this description and think it fits my RL behavior well... i don't know so much about online behavior...

EDIT: maybe since you're a mod you can move this? i too would not like to derail
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ

btw, I also really like this description and think it fits my RL behavior well... i don't know so much about online behavior...
    I've linked to that description in the past when explaing who I am to others. He does a good job of breaking it down.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    I've linked to that description in the past when explaing who I am to others. He does a good job of breaking it down.
    yeah. i think the "disappearing" thing is my fave. i totally do that. whoops.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Nope. I think I identify a lot more with Economica than other INTJs here like Nat & Wolf, for instance (not that I don't identify with them... Nat has mentioned that she, too, finds it easier to socialize with the boys, for instance). Why, what would you type me based off my online persona?
    Well, I have not had much reason to observe you and/or think about your type. (Would you like me to? )

I only thought about Economica because I've talked to her a lot and also observed how she consistently behaves and interacts with others in the threads. Not only does it seem more like an ESTJ approach, but it mirrors the ESTJ's I know in real life and does not fit well with the other INTJ's I've met here on the forums.

I totally agree with your comments about the F -- Economica's "feeling-type" behavior still totally falls within the realm of Thinking types. I don't think she's a Feeler type in the least.

But as I said before, this is only online. If I saw her in real life, I might think differently about ESTJ and accept the INTJ reading.

I know my typing is far from uncontroversial itself [or at least has been in the past], because the face I present here doesn't show my real-life behavior or my internal thought processes all of the time.

Wolf, Nat, and NPG all seem very clear INTJs to me. And (sigh) even Uber.

I also skimmed through the INTJ definition. Interestingly, a good 2/3's of it also applies to INTP types

(I think, anyway... I saw myself in it... including the "disappearing." I do that ALOT. But then again, I've even seen ESTPs do it too, and other thinking types. They just feel cloistered after awhile in social settings and have to vanish without even letting people know they're going...)

The major difference (at least in that column itself, I'm not going to compare TiNe to NiTe) is the intensity and/or J factor. The INTP is more easier going and usually does not "burn" over the things that really rile up an INTJ. We usually just flex or float around them and disassociate ourselves; the INTJ is more apt to push back or announce their displeasure if irritated, I think.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

You're seriously questioning her type, as opposed to the joking by Uber?
    Joking? I do not have a sense of humor that I am aware of...

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer
    Wolf, Nat, and NPG all seem very clear INTJs to me. And (sigh) even Uber.
    There's that *sigh*. I must be quite a dreamboat!

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I also skimmed through the INTJ definition. Interestingly, a good 2/3's of it also applies to INTP types
    I think 3/4 would a better measurement.

And if you are comfortable discussing types, perhaps we should talk about if you are a S or an N, Athenian200. I don't believe in doing that, but I feel that anyone who is comfortable speculating on other people's type is more than welcome to hear it on their own.

In any case, there are two ways to look at this. One, they aren't the type they are... they tested wrong, they don't know how to read the description, they haven't talked to anyone else about it. Two, the person judging is biased, can't make a proper assessment or doesn't know enough about MBTI to make a proper judgment.

Want to guess which one, on an online forum full of stereotypes is going to get my vote? Yah.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    There's that *sigh*. I must be quite a dreamboat!
    Yes -- you are my density.