User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    I am most definitely a Thinker. I instinctively look to criticize rather than to value, my natural empathy is limited, and if I find that the objective situation calls for it, I am capable not only of tolerating, but also of calmly exacerbating conflict.
    Actually, I think most J's are critical. FJ's just tend to be critical of people in an emotional way rather than a logical way. Both can be very rigid about rules and such. Also, are you implying that F's can't argue with people if they need to?

However, I realized in my late teens that it is productive to take what is 'irrational' into account and for this reason I have learned to emulate F behavior to some extent.
    Actually, F (especially Fe) is rational. Only perceiving functions are irrational.
    This doesn't mean that I am a maschinenmensch (my inner core is wildly vulnerable) nor does it mean that my warmth is calculated. I am strongly attached to those who are closest to me, I am sympathetic to those who are peripheral and I am cordial with strangers. All of it is sincere feeling; what I had to teach myself was to be aware of it and to express it.
    Okay, the bold part does hint at you being a thinking type.

Outside of what is personal, though, I am as objectively tough as they come. I could make the decision to lay off thousands of people and still sleep well at night. When I described myself as cold and pompous, I really wasn't kidding.
    I think anyone could make an impersonal decision about an impersonal situation. I would be able to fire thousands as well, as long as they were people I didn't care about. As for sleeping at night, I would be able to as long as I had security guards and such. (Those workers might hold grudges, so I'd be sure to be prepared for their assassination attempts. Better yet, I'd try to do it anonymously if possible.) Also, most introverts can appear somewhat cold and formal to others. I'm certainly described as formal and serious more than anything else.
    I don't get either why anyone would doubt my iNtuitive preference, but I am waiting for Jen to flesh out her claim that I am primarily detail-focused. So far I suspect it is a case of INTPs and INTJs having totally different priorities and my attempted explication of mine confounding Jen. (There are probably some finicky posts of hers that I could be convinced were evidence of a Sensing preference. )
    I don't understand either how conscientiousness is related that much to sensing. I think it's odd.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I don't understand either how conscientiousness is related that much to sensing. I think it's odd.
    It's the slightly different root tests questions - in the J/P, you are trying to determine not conscientiousness but the functional order. IOW, if you organise and structure your outer world. However, Ss tend to do that (ie: abstract thinking, imaginative are all internal concepts, regardless of the Fe stuff), leaving the Si and Se test both to deal with "what is" (ie: Se is "action", but compare that to the Ne equivalent... really, Se is about seeing what is more than anything else. The whole action stuff is crap). But the tests still follow that tendency... well, the online ones do

(PDF Warning - A document on the root test questions)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well, the thing is, I pay attention to detail and definition in my thoughts, but my home is usually a mess, and not at all organized. I didn't even keep my folders organized for school. I was however particularly observant of rules and details there, because I wanted to be perceived as professional, conscientious, and proper. I usually want to be perceived that way, actually, because people might not respect me as much if I seemed to be any other way. But I always completed my work on time, do a thorough job, and show up for things on time. That's why I think I'm a J.
    Last edited by Athenian200; 08-30-2007 at 09:39 AM.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    Hmmmm Economica my point was stated above. I believe you quoted it. Twice.
    Just to be clear, Natrushka, the only thing that makes you think that I am not an INTJ is my (ab)use of smileys - and thus of course you haven't been privately discussing my type with Jen and feeding her arguments based on, say, your experience with your ISTJ husband who also likes to use the phrase "bad behavior"?

I ask (again) because I would not want to bestow the nickname of Iago on someone undeserving - regarding both awesomeness of achievement () and misery of motivation.

Edit: Don't bother PM'ing poor Jen to hear if she has betrayed you; she hasn't. I iNtuited this.
    Last edited by Economica; 08-26-2007 at 07:26 AM.

Enneagram
    1w2

Just to be clear, Natrushka, the only thing that makes you think that I am not an INTJ is my (ab)use of smileys - and thus of course you haven't been privately discussing my type with Jen and feeding her arguments based on, say, your experience with your ISTJ husband who also likes to use the phrase "bad behavior"?

I ask (again) because I would not want to bestow the nickname of Iago on someone undeserving - regarding both awesomeness of achievement () and misery of motivation.

Edit: Don't bother PM'ing poor Jen to hear if she has betrayed you; she hasn't. I iNtuited this.
    I told you INTJs can't break The Unwritten Rule of Maximum Smiley Usage. One of you transgressed before and was banished from the Kingdom.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Actually, now you're just being insulting to me.

I hate being blunt, but you should work some more on that intuition. I was wondering this for quite awhile, and Nat had nothing to do with it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I hate being blunt, but you should work some more on that intuition.
    Since when does the Intuitive's intuitions have to be right? Intuitives that are right are called psychics.

MBTI
    INTJ

Ni can lead us astray, can't it? To betray something you need to have prior knowledge of it. You do Jennifer a disservice.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Unbelievable overreactions. No wonder people are afraid to question other people's types, the practice is almost viewed as pejorative, and questioning someone's reasoning or trying to account for potential bias is viewed as a personal attack. Sigh, let's do ourselves a favor and bury this. I'm sorry I ever brought it up. Wow.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

N derails threads.