User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Quote Originally Posted by raincrow007 View Post
    Bah.

I thought this was going to be a thread about Umberto Eco.

Pity.

Ditto.

Out of interest, why is doubting someone's type so important? Do people really set so much store by MBTI? Frankly I'd have thought that most mature individuals don't need a string of letters to quantify their personality.

I'm not trying to be facetious or argumentative; genuinely interested about...well, why everyone's so interested.
    January has April's showers
    And 2 and 2 always makes a 5

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Langrenus View Post
    I'm not trying to be facetious or argumentative; genuinely interested about...well, why everyone's so interested.
    Oh, I just figured it was the Drama of the Day... just like the media sifting through the celebrity rubble for something to feed upon.

And now it looks played out, so people will move on.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm quite sure Eco is a INTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Hi, Economica. Glad you chimed in on this discussion. I'm honestly more than a little confused as to how anyone could think you're an ESTJ. ISTJ, maybe, but I really haven't been totally convinced of the T, and I'm not sure why everyone else sees it (You seem rather concerned with manners, your membership within a group and such. That seems very much like Feeling to me.
    I am most definitely a Thinker. I instinctively look to criticize rather than to value, my natural empathy is limited, and if I find that the objective situation calls for it, I am capable not only of tolerating, but also of calmly exacerbating conflict. However, I realized in my late teens that it is productive to take what is 'irrational' into account and for this reason I have learned to emulate F behavior to some extent.

This doesn't mean that I am a maschinenmensch (my inner core is wildly vulnerable) nor does it mean that my warmth is calculated. I am strongly attached to those who are closest to me, I am sympathetic to those who are peripheral and I am cordial with strangers. All of it is sincere feeling; what I had to teach myself was to be aware of it and to express it.

Outside of what is personal, though, I am as objectively tough as they come. I could make the decision to lay off thousands of people and still sleep well at night. When I described myself as cold and pompous, I really wasn't kidding.

Why am I not an EXTJ then? Well, I deal with the world as just described, but I spend most time in my own head catching Ni trains. Blackwater should be able to confirm this from a RL perspective, but I would like to think that Ni shines through in my posts (even if I do make an effort to distill my thoughts until fit for public consumption).

I've also seen no reason to doubt your Intuition preference
    I don't get either why anyone would doubt my iNtuitive preference, but I am waiting for Jen to flesh out her claim that I am primarily detail-focused. So far I suspect it is a case of INTPs and INTJs having totally different priorities and my attempted explication of mine confounding Jen. (There are probably some finicky posts of hers that I could be convinced were evidence of a Sensing preference. )

I was going to attempt the same explication of my priorities now, but regrettably it will have to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    I just can't get past the smileys! <snort>

It must be an online personality vs. offline personality situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    FTR, I was referring specifically to Eco and her post above. (...) I don't typically wonder if so and so isn't what they say.
    Hmmm... Natrushka, considering that you're the only INTJ so far who questions my INTJ-ness I can't help but wonder where your arguments are. Are you afraid to confront me directly and so you got Jen to do your dirty work for you?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Are you afraid to confront me directly and so you got Jen to do your dirty work for you?
    I would like to note that, whatever my personal failures, my name is not "Patsy."

Seriously, I would only ask things that I already had had questions about.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Just because Economica has a name related to money doesn't make her your typical ISTJ accountant!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I would like to note that, whatever my personal failures, my name is not "Patsy."

Seriously, I would only ask things that I already had had questions about.
    I wonder what type Iago was?

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Just because Economica has a name related to money doesn't make her your typical ISTJ accountant!
    Incidentally, I explained my username in the designated thread:

I apply economic logic to everyday life, meaning that I try to identify the underlying incentives that people face and work to improve them according to my own standards of optimal behavior.

I added the a at the end to make the word economic sound more like a (feminine) name.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I must've missed that.

I wonder what type Iago was?
    Iago was a patsy??
    January has April's showers
    And 2 and 2 always makes a 5

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Langrenus View Post
    Iago was a patsy??
    No, Iago made a patsy out of an intelligent man.