User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFP

I haven't felt the need to doubt Economica's INTJ'ness because of her warmth or what seems like feeling, and use of smilies.

Not so long ago a guy I used to flirt and muck around with on another forum, also the least macho (yet very macho if you get what I mean) man I knew, always smiley huggles and pure warmth, very lovey dovey, turned out to be an INTJ. I was suprised as I had assumed they would be no different from the INTP's who don't really radiate much warmth all of the time (exceptions to that rule do apply occasionally).

So by the time I came here I was already shod of that notion.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    I haven't felt the need to doubt Economica's INTJ'ness because of her warmth or what seems like feeling, and use of smilies.
    Besides, an INTJ will have Fi as the third function. Usually Fi's can exude real warmth towards others. A mature INTJ will develop it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Why do you assume this? What about those of us who know SJ's in our real offline life?
    I don't know about you, but I have a pool of formally tested people that I can draw upon in order to see how valid the stereotypes are. What I see here are a lot of assumptions based upon type, which is then pushed onto those we identify particular traits in.

I would say the assumption isn't mine - least, it is observed behaviour with a pretty good foundation. Many prefer what was described - so do many that don't test SJ. I don't have a research-sized group since only a small part of the company got tested, whereas a lot more got tested with two other instruments...

Regardless, it seems that I've had this debate a hundred times... if you wish - or anyone - wishes to use type to stereotype behaviour, nothing I say will change it. I've accepted that and moved on.

The exception is when that is done to me. If anyone thinks I should be a certain type based on generalisations, I will point out how inaccurate that is.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    The exception is when that is done to me. If anyone thinks I should be a certain type based on generalisations, I will point out how inaccurate that is.
    Besides, SURLY is five letters, not four.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Besides, SURLY is five letters, not four.
    I have become more surly since I changed my type to ISTP.

I think everyone should change their type once in their lifetime. It opens your eyes. A lot.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    I have become more surly since I changed my type to ISTP.

I think everyone should change their type once in their lifetime. It opens your eyes. A lot.
    True that. It's quite liberating.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I changed mine to BABE once, but the joke did not go over as well as had been expected.

(I suppose that was an eye-opener too.)

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I changed mine to BABE once, but the joke did not go over as well as had been expected.

(I suppose that was an eye-opener too.)
    Oh, I think that you are already changing your type That'll probably give you more insight than I can ever hope to achieve

MBTI
    ERTP

sometimes i wish that this was the jungcentral and not the mbticentral. one of jungs main theories on ageing is the individualization process which dictates that as our psyches become more developed (or simply older if you do nothing for you personal development) you start conquering more and more of your inferior functions, thus exhibiting a broader register of archetypical behaviors, including those of other types.
    best collection of philosopher typings online

http://www.celebritytypes.com/philosophers/

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    sometimes i wish that this was the jungcentral and not the mbticentral. one of jungs main theories on aging is the individualization process which dictates that as our psyches become more developed (or simply older if you do nothing for you personal development) you start conquering more and more of your inferior functions, thus exhibiting a broader register of archetypical behaviors, including those of other types.
    Wait, you can tell us, can't you? About Eco in real life?
    (What was I thinking?)