User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I know that this is going to be an unpopular opinion, but I think she's an INTJ.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    You're such a wicked boy.
    Don't make me pull out the handbook of F traits :steam:

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    And if you are comfortable discussing types, perhaps we should talk about if you are a S or an N, Athenian200. I don't believe in doing that, but I feel that anyone who is comfortable speculating on other people's type is more than welcome to hear it on their own.
    Of course. I'm open to speculation, since it's impossible to know exactly what type you are anyway. I'm more than happy to explain why I think I'm my particular type. Have I exhibited any behaviors that would lead you to believe I am an S, especially given my rather poor ability to adapt to rapidly changing circumstances, and discomfort in dealing with physical objects?

P.S. Are you sure you're not an INTP? I think you might just be rebelling against what you perceive as the bias towards N's...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Nope. I think I identify a lot more with Economica than other INTJs here like Nat & Wolf, for instance (not that I don't identify with them... Nat has mentioned that she, too, finds it easier to socialize with the boys, for instance).
    You don't identify with me at all?

Anyway, I don't really know or think that Eco is an ESTJ. She's probably more an INTJ with developed Te, or an INTJ that just hates her own kind -- I once called her the INTJ Uncle Tom (or Aunt Jemima).

Keep in mind, too, that logic can also be subjective. The INTJ may either sacrifice him/herself to save his crew or sacrifice the crew to save his/her own existence -- both would ultimately be logical judgments.

And how do you tell an INTJ from an ISTJ (we have a few, some who post frequently) on these boards? Clue me in...I'm just not good at this. Is it something to do with the way they use words?

Really, the only one who can truly judge one's type is oneself.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Of course. I'm open to speculation, since it's impossible to know exactly what type you are anyway. I'm more than happy to explain why I think I'm my particular type. Have I exhibited any behaviors that would lead you to believe I am an S, especially given my rather poor ability to adapt to rapidly changing circumstances, and discomfort in dealing with physical objects?
    I will state that my normal certainty towards typing wouldn't be much higher than 50/50. I'm about 75% sure you are more S than N based upon correlated tests, your style, the integration of your world with your beliefs, your overall use of functions as descriptors and the use of standard responses. The likelihood of you being a significantly above average S would be what I assume.

P.S. Are you sure you're not an INTP? I think you might just be rebelling against what you perceive as the bias towards N's...
    I use to be sure of something. Now I'm just ambivalent. I am, as of this time, edging closer to 70% sure I am ISTP over INTP, whereas I was well above that when I was INTP. I determined my INTP type through self reflection when I was young... but I redetermined my ISTP type through more empirical research. I've learnt that I tend to lie to myself more than the reality does so I'm going with reality on this one. It always seems to work out better.

You'd be right though. I am rebelling against the bias towards Ns. And I's. And Ts, before this board. I even covered J and P depending on the situation. I don't like bias and I don't like errors, especially factual errors. But amongst all of that, I have come to really dislike N arrogance towards grounded knowledge. For a group that is suppose to be open to changing their mind, only a very small subset will change it when faced with data. That is a giant gap and the major issue I now have with Ns. I

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

PT seems too balanced to be either ISTP or INTP. I'd say he's an IxTP.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    PT seems too balanced to be either ISTP or INTP. I'd say he's an IxTP.
    I would say that "balanced" would be ISTP, since N's compose a much smaller % of the population. The mid-ground would still cound as "S" in MBTI.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I would say that "balanced" would be ISTP, since N's compose a much smaller % of the population. The mid-ground would still cound as "S" in MBTI.
    Well, what I meant was a blend of S and N characteristics...making the S/N dichotomy more in the middle.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Really? I don't agree at all with Athenia's suggestions, but I could make a very good case for ESTJ if I had to do so... at least based on her online presentation.

I always think it is hard to be sure of another person's type through online communication. Online a person can come and post when they chose, as much as they chose and chose to what they respond to. I think it could be very easy for an Introvert to come accross as an Extrovert in this media.

It is also a wonderful way to explore the lesser aspects of self or to create a whole new persona aspect that is easier to maintain because of the limited nature of the interaction. For example: A never would have believed that Jennifer was a offline male if I had not read it in her own posts. She just givs out so much feminine charm on here, at least to me she did.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I will state that my normal certainty towards typing wouldn't be much higher than 50/50. I'm about 75% sure you are more S than N based upon correlated tests, your style, the integration of your world with your beliefs, your overall use of functions as descriptors and the use of standard responses. The likelihood of you being a significantly above average S would be what I assume.
    Above average? How did you decide what is average regarding S's? What exactly do you mean "integration of my world with beliefs?" I don't understand. Could you elaborate?

I use to be sure of something. Now I'm just ambivalent. I am, as of this time, edging closer to 70% sure I am ISTP over INTP, whereas I was well above that when I was INTP. I determined my INTP type through self reflection when I was young... but I redetermined my ISTP type through more empirical research. I've learnt that I tend to lie to myself more than the reality does so I'm going with reality on this one. It always seems to work out better.
    It's just that I think if you were an S, you would have been 'tuned in' to the reality all along. I believe it's reasonable to think that you're beginning to see yourself as S because you're starting to develop it now, and you're beginning to wake up to what effect your previous neglect of your Sensing side (maybe your Feeling side as well) might have had on others. When I was reading your blog, I noticed also that a few of the things you related to Sensing actually seemed related to Feeling as well (The impact of caring about a person's situation is Feeling, not Sensing. Caring at all about someone you've never seen face-to face hints strongly at N.) Perhaps your perception changed because you're developing those functions?
    Look, I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just pointing out an alternative perspective here.

But amongst all of that, I have come to really dislike N arrogance towards grounded knowledge. For a group that is suppose to be open to changing their mind, only a very small subset will change it when faced with data. That is a giant gap and the major issue I now have with Ns. I
    How do you know it's N's that have arrogance against grounded knowledge? Isn't it usually SJ type people who want to do things the same way they've always done them, and disregard new data or trends so they can cling to traditions that might hurt people? (Remember your concerns about the diamond ring?) Also, don't typical SP's have to learn everything by first hand experience, rather than via books? It's just that I think an S is the sort who would rather go out in person and gain first-hand knowledge, work with tools, rely on past experience, etc. And an Intuitive is the sort who would conduct research on a computer related to something invisible and intangible, even if what they were looking for was data. Also, I think anyone can be closed-minded or blind to something important, and their type simply has nothing to do with it.

The main reason I say this is because I would rather read about something than do it or see it. I don't think visually, I think verbally, and words are more real to me than the physical world surrounding me, which I've suspected to be an illusion at times. Whenever I see or experience something, I have to translate it into words to comprehend it. Words and other such abstractions don't seem to need any such translation. I like to study language, and learn new words.

I'll stop questioning your type if it makes you uncomfortable, I'm just trying to understand your reasoning. I'm interested.

Seriously, though, whether you're an N or S, you're still an interesting person, and I'm glad to have made your acquaintance.