MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yes -- you are my density.
    Hello! Hello! Anybody home?! Think, McFly! Think!

(You still want Calvin Klein, don't you?)

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Make like a tree, and get out of here.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Actually, Jennifer, I think it was George McFly that said "You are my Density" in the coffee shop to Lorraine Baines in the scene just before Marty sucker punches Biff. Jennifer Parker never said that.

And Uberfuhrer quoted Biff Tannen. He says that twice in the movie, once in the unaltered 1985 near the beginning, and once in 1955.

The line you added recently was said by the young Biff Tannen in Back to the Future II in the car while Old Biff was trying to give him the Almanac, and Old Biff hit him on the head and chastised him, telling him it was "Make like a tree and leave," which is the correct expression.

Is it obvious I've watched that movie a few times?

Enneagram
    1w2

Economica reminds me of the female INTJs I know IRL (all two of them). She doesn't let people's bullshit fly and I like that. I don't see anything particularly ESTJish about her. Maybe you're picking up on the Te?

But then I may be an ESFJ and we know ESTJs and ESFJs are like PBJ.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Make like a tree, and get out of here.
    That's about as stupid as a screen door on a battleship.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Is it obvious I've watched that movie a few times?
    Far too many times, I think.
    Of course, now I want to dig it out tonight and watch it again...!

Random Trivia: I liked the original Jennifer Parker better than Elizabeth Shue.

That's about as stupid as a screen door on a battleship.
    If you don't stop, I'm gonna hunt you down like a duck.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I liked the first two Back to the Future films. I can't say I was a fan of the third one. I just hate westerns.

My favorite futuristic movie, though, is The Fifth Element. And now I wanna watch it!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    I think 3/4 would a better measurement.

And if you are comfortable discussing types, perhaps we should talk about if you are a S or an N, Athenian200. I don't believe in doing that, but I feel that anyone who is comfortable speculating on other people's type is more than welcome to hear it on their own.

In any case, there are two ways to look at this. One, they aren't the type they are... they tested wrong, they don't know how to read the description, they haven't talked to anyone else about it. Two, the person judging is biased, can't make a proper assessment or doesn't know enough about MBTI to make a proper judgment.

Want to guess which one, on an online forum full of stereotypes is going to get my vote? Yah.
    Only because you personally brought it up that you weren't 100% about your INFJness, I started thinking about it some more....

(and keep in mind that YOU know yourself best, we're just drawing out specific references for you to think about... that it's a preference, which means you'll use your nonpreference once in a while too...)

this quote really screams "SJ" (to me, at least) according to Keirsey's description in PUMII of the SJ's core needs/motivations at the beginning of the chapter on SJs.

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Once, a person in my class whom I didn't know died. My mind went like this. This person was a stranger to me, therefore their death doesn't have a personal meaning. However, this person was a fellow student, and thus was part of a group with which I identify myself. Out of loyalty to this group, I feel obligated to experience a slight let down in my demeanor for approximately two days, and express my condolences in a sincere manner. Then I project the emotions at myself, and start to experience them, but only for as long as I had planned to experience them. When asked how I felt on the matter, I admitted that I hadn't known the person, but spoke of what a good person they must have been, and how sorry I was for their families loss, and that the person didn't deserve to have this happen to them. Everyone believed me to be sincere, and this was important to me, because I was part of their group, and thus their opinion of me was important. Honestly, I did feel that it was wrong that the person suffered, but it didn't really affect me internally much that I felt that way.

This is reasonable given the nature of Fe according to Jung:
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Economica reminds me of the female INTJs I know IRL (all two of them). She doesn't let people's bullshit fly and I like that. I don't see anything particularly ESTJish about her. Maybe you're picking up on the Te?
    Well, if I should clarify:
    - I'm picking up much more Te than Ni
    - There's a focus on specific detail that I see more from an S than an N. (I live with two S's and there's a notable difference.)
    - Neither INTJ or ESTJ lets bullshit get by. They both are good at that.
    - I see much more dogged fighting over small unimportant details in a conflict than an INTJ usually bothers with. (They tend to be better at letting go of the unimportant issues.)
    - INTJs usually don't care about policy, except when convenient; but having the groundrules specified in very clear detail seems very important to Eco, and she then follows them to a T.

Just things like that. Thus there is a possible ESTJ mindset here. But I don't feel comfortable saying things more confidently because perhaps in person she would be totally INTJ.

But then I may be an ESFJ and we know ESTJs and ESFJs are like PBJ.
    Gaaaa. I'm PB all the way, but you can hold the J. Do you do BLT?

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    And if you are comfortable discussing types, perhaps we should talk about if you are a S or an N, Athenian200. I don't believe in doing that, but I feel that anyone who is comfortable speculating on other people's type is more than welcome to hear it on their own.
    You're such a wicked boy.

Enneagram
    1w2

Well, if I should clarify:
    - I'm picking up much more Te than Ni
    - There's a focus on specific detail that I see more from an S than an N. (I live with two S's and there's a notable difference.)
    - Neither INTJ or ESTJ lets bullshit get by. They both are good at that.
    - I see much more dogged fighting over small unimportant details in a conflict than an INTJ usually bothers with. (They tend to be better at letting go of the unimportant issues.)
    - INTJs usually don't care about policy, except when convenient; but having the groundrules specified in very clear detail seems very important to Eco, and she then follows them to a T.

Just things like that. Thus there is a possible ESTJ mindset here. But I don't feel comfortable saying things more confidently because perhaps in person she would be totally INTJ.
    Well she could throw an X in her profile and then won't have to answer any questions about her unusual attention to detail for an N.

I didn't know that INTJs don't care about policy. I see her as seeking clarity, not paying slavish attention to the rules. And while some things may seem like small unimportant rules to you doesn't mean she finds them small. Like I said, I agree with her on many of the issues she raises. I usually just cancel the post instead of actually saying it. And what is the nature of the issues she challenges? Why does she say she's doing it? I've heard her state several times that she wants more INTJs to question their behavior and she wants people to contribute quality posts. What about that isn't INTJ, or rather what about it is ESTJ? The methods?

She also could have developed her Te well enough to be balanced. Other INTJs here (like Mycroft and Nat) seem to do well in that department. Maybe she's just more vociferous about certain things than they are?

Gaaaa. I'm PB all the way, but you can hold the J. Do you do BLT?
    Extra tomato and we can meet tomorrow.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3