First 311121314 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    I'm perfectly okay though I'd like to know if you still think I'm not an INTJ? (I've told you, all you have to deal with from me is my narcissism. ) You don't have to argue any remaining doubts you may have if you don't want to, I'm just curious.
    I can't commit to a reading at this time. I'm still trying to determine if I need to widen the range of my mental INTJ database.

Eat up the smileys, pt. They're good for you.
    yes, they're like the little blast-o-sugar marshmellows in Lucky Charms... (magically delicious!)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I can't commit to a reading at this time. I'm still trying to determine if I need to widen the range of my mental INTJ database.
    Okay.

Incidentally, I've alerted Blackwater to your query; I think he'll be chiming in when he has the time.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Wait a minute! Do you know what this means? Economica's signature was right all along!

Enneagram
    1w2

That's probably best. My INTJ coworker wears pink (!) at least twice a week and is incredibly giggly and touchy feely, but I got this persistent NT vibe from her so I thought she was a ENTP or something. Then I finally broke down and asked her about MBTI and she told me she knew all about it and said she was INTJ. I still didn't believe her and sent her some INTJ descriptions and she said they matched her. Much like Economica and Usehername, she said that she has purposely tried to do "better" when it came to dealing with people. I guess this was throwing off my read.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Hey, I'm a guy and I wear pink...
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    That's probably best. My INTJ coworker wears pink (!) at least twice a week and is incredibly giggly and touchy feely, but I got this persistent NT vibe from her so I thought she was a ENTP or something. Then I finally broke down and asked her about MBTI and she told me she knew all about it and said she was INTJ. I still didn't believe her and sent her some INTJ descriptions and she said they matched her. Much like Economica and Usehername, she said that she has purposely tried to do "better" when it came to dealing with people. I guess this was throwing off my read.

I am just imagining the "Socialization Guide for INTJ Females."

1. Wear pink. (Burn clothes later. Buy new outfit when madness returns.)
    2. Watch "What Not to Wear" and HSN, until urge to switch to the History and Discovery channels is too great.
    3. Hang Mary Engelbreit calendar on wall at work. Cover with picture of the cosmos or Kreb Cycle when no one is looking.

and so on....

Quote Originally Posted by economica
    Incidentally, I've alerted Blackwater to your query; I think he'll be chiming in when he has the time.
    thank you, that would be helpful -- he is a "ground zero eyewitness."
    (So you will not be able to escape his critical observations. heh)

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

thank you, that would be helpful -- he is a "ground zero eyewitness."
    (So you will not be able to escape his critical observations. heh)
    Well, it isn't too risky given that I know he thinks I'm an INTJ even if he has hinted that he thinks it is useful to think of ESTJ as my second type. (Hey Blackwater, shouldn't my second type be an NF one according to meanlittlechimp's system? )

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    This really isn't very surprising. Social skills is one of the things that I have worked hard to develop over the years, and it definately shows. I have had good friends that I knew for years not believe that I was an INTJ. but then...we all have our priorities...
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    This really isn't very surprising. Social skills is one of the things that I have worked hard to develop over the years, and it definately shows. I have had good friends that I knew for years not believe that I was an INTJ. but then...we all have our priorities...
    I don't think it's my social skills that are throwing Jen off (would she be typing me as an ESTJ then? ) as much as my outstanding Te and my willingness to microanalyze exchanges. (See her arguments in post #19 and my replies in posts #34 and #54.)

By the way, it's good to see that the phenomenon "INTJ embarks on pwning the 'human' system" (thanks for that phrase, Userhername ) is more frequent than someone like Wolf would have us believe.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    I don't think it's my social skills that are throwing Jen off (would she be typing me as an ESTJ then? ) as much as my outstanding Te and my willingness to microanalyze exchanges. (See her arguments in post #19 and my replies in posts #34 and #54.)
    Yup. That would be it.

(As far as INTJs go, I do not base any sort of reading on their social skills, which can be all over the map.)

MBTI
    ERTP

Yearh she's an INTJ but she definately has an E-side to boot. On serveral occations I myself raised the point of ENTJ to her, being genuinely doubtful but never convinced of the E/I thing. To this day, none of us ever really considered the possibility of ESTJ and as such, your input is valuable in and by itself. I'd actually go as far as to say that ESTJ is E's second type, although I'm not sure this has always been so. In fact she has become more practical in her thinking and less patient with N-ramblings within the last year or so. So thank you for your perspective, Jennifer.

And E, don't worry about your percieved lack of patience with things N: You know I'll bring it up as soon as I experience it as an actual problem (as opposed to a mere preoccupation)

Finally, with regards to Meanlittlechimps subtype-system I never took it to mean that INFJ was your actual second type. Let me explain it to you over some prosecco friday...
    best collection of philosopher typings online

http://www.celebritytypes.com/philosophers/