User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 140

  1. #101
    Per Ardua Metamorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    3,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I've seen them actually exude compassion for people, in the right contexts.
    This made me actually laugh.

    It reads with such surprise.


    and no, I'm not offended. It was genuinely funny.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

    Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

  2. #102
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    What's the norm? That INTJs are misanthropic by nature?
    It certainly does seem that way...and I'm not the only one, either. (NPG's avatar clearly demonstrates that.)

    I'd suspect that ENTJs are more openly misanthropic.

  3. #103
    Per Ardua Metamorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    3,466

    Default

    Really, it's not that far of a step from pragmatist to cynic to misanthrope.

    I do, however, think that we all probably display more extremes on the forum than we do in real life which leads us to be stereotyped more (which we sometimes enjoy). Wait...am I stereotyping us by assuming everyone is like me? probably.

    On another note, it seems like there is a difference in personality on this forum between the INTJs. I could be wrong, but it seems like those of us who spend more time with Fs tend to be more like Economica (to some degree), and those who spend more time with Ts tend to be more like Wolf (a more typical INTJ). I know the two people I hang out with the most in rl are ENFPs, and while that may not have significantly altered my personality, it has definately made me care less about certain things and more about others.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

    Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

  4. #104
    Senior Member Langrenus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    On another note, it seems like there is a difference in personality on this forum between the INTJs.
    You mean to say that we can't just be lumped together and stereotyped?

    Burn the heretic!
    January has April's showers
    And 2 and 2 always makes a 5

  5. #105
    On a mission Usehername's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    You missed it all, yet again. You're hopeless.


    I've met two female INTJs (dated one of them), and they were both rather misanthropic. In fact, I'd go as far as saying they value relationships and people less than male INTJs, which is pretty hard to do. They both ripped on other people perpetually, for instance. My family is the same size: half extroverts, half introverts, 3 NTs, 2 or 3 SJs, and possibly an SP. None as introverted as I am...


    Oh, I care about others, merely selective about who I care about the most, and discussion/disagreement has nothing to do with how much I care. In fact, if I bother disagreeing with you or your standpoint, you or that standpoint hold some value in my mind.

    I'm a pretty soft/caring INTJ, or so at least one INFJ that talks to me has claimed. In fact, she wasn't entirely sure I was an INTJ for quite a while (possibly an INFP or INFJ) because I am too friendly for my type, in spite of my distinctly-expressed preferences.

    People don't get exceptions from scrutiny for being people or even being cared about. If you are an INTJ, you don't respect me one iota, because you don't even bother to read what I write. Then again, you could have reading comprehension problems unrelated to your personalty; as is true with many things via this medium, it's hard to say.
    You know, you claim that I'm the one with problems understanding, but it's my opinion that whatever I seem to write gets misconstrued by you. As in, you read the first few words, associate me with some past experience in your life, and link me to that. Now, I will completely own up to not clearly explaining myself in some situations (for instance, here) but that doesn't mean I'm the only one with the communication problem.

    Why is it my fault that the two other INTJ females you met in your life don't match up to me?

    And I never said that I don't respect you; if I ever implied that, then I apologize. It was never intended. My beef with you is that you never read what I write and just assume with me. So, we appear to just be talking past each other. I don't know how to solve this problem. I am not aware of anyone else having this issue with me, so if they do, can they please make me aware? I'll spend more time trying to be clear in my communication. But, so far as I currently know, you're just as "hopeless" as I am with not understanding what's being communicated.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

  6. #106
    On a mission Usehername's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    and does anyone else see the irony of the most heated debate currently on the boards being a thread in the Fluff Zone?
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

  7. #107
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    and does anyone else see the irony of the most heated debate currently on the boards being a thread in the Fluff Zone?
    ... i think that's about the one thing I did RIGHT in this whole mess...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  8. #108
    Per Ardua Metamorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    3,466

    Default

    I think when you group a bunch of INTJs together fighting is bound to happen, and we are growing in numbers daily. We're like Irish people.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

    Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

  9. #109
    On a mission Usehername's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    ... i think that's about the one thing I did RIGHT in this whole mess...
    lol it's just a friendly discussion


    The Divided Opponents are not going to ever see eye to eye on this issue re: the INTJ personality, but I feel the desire to flesh it out anyway. I'm just so baffled (and admittedly mildly upset) that the only ambassadors INTJs appear to have to represent the INTJ in the general public is the stereotypical INTJ.

    (Not that I dislike/disrespect/devalue/in any way think of negatively the stereotypical INTJ) I just would have thought that there would be more variance. And so I'm baffled that there's such shock over a) Economica's type (which I perceived as quite representative of an INTJ who consciously decides to value her effect on other's feelings) and b) my type.

    But oh well. No big deal, in the grand scheme of things.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

  10. #110
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I think when you group a bunch of INTJs together fighting is bound to happen, and we are growing in numbers daily. We're like Irish people.
    Nah, I can do it without the whiskey!

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] NFs and feelings of other people
    By Virtual ghost in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 12-18-2009, 12:34 PM
  2. High T and emotions of other people.
    By Virtual ghost in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-21-2008, 08:12 PM
  3. Perspectives of others verse self
    By GZA in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-28-2008, 09:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO