User Tag List

Default What's the farthest you've ever walked?

What's the farthest you've ever walked? (More or less, at once, and treadmills don't count. And I'm not talking about jogging, because usually the intention is much different in that case.)

My guess is that if you've ever walked many, many miles, there's probably a pretty cool story behind it.

My longest walks have probably only been 10 miles or so, through a nature path, hiking trail, or in the country outside of town. The memories of those experiences didn't have much to do with the distance covered, though.

How about you?
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Several miles while I was in Mississippi many years ago, no real story behind or at least not one I'm aware of as I was 8 or 9 when it happened.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

While I was sightseeing in Rome... I was pretty much on my feet for the whole day with exception for meals. Everything I wanted to see was pretty close to each other... so I just walked from place to place. Actually I did get on the buses, but those are so full that there's only standing room.

I discovered I don't like concrete and cobblestone roads too much... they're hard on the feet... especially my poor arches. Comfy footwear is a must when travelling... that and lots of water.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    ENTJ

21 km. Got so sick of highschool one day I decided to walk home. My legs were numb from the knees down when I got in, and my mother was so impressed she didn't even give me much shit for ditching.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Dunno, how far I've ever hiked. It certainly *felt* really far when I was there.

Walked, dunno either. But recently I did about 14 miles, I guess. Shouldn't have done it in new shoes, the blisters were legendary.

heart on fire

10 miles when 20 years old.

MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj

When I was 17 I used to walk 7 1/2 miles to my girlfriends house...and then back home just about every day of the week for many months...didn't have a car and I enjoyed long walks away from home.
    Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings...Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

In the Army. It's what they do. Ok soldiers, grab your pack, webbing and rifle and letís march all day till we reach <here> then tomorrow we can reverse this and march back again... GRRR! I'm in transport corp people! We're supposed to drive, that's what we do!