User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ

Default Fashion (Queens/Kings enter here)

Thanks to Sytpg for the thread title. You will be in YSL skinny pants before this thread is done, mark my words!

OK, so. Favourite designers? Links to latest purchases/lust objects?

My favourite designers in no particular order (no, I cannot afford them all, although often find good deals on evilBay): VPL, Rick Owens, Marni, Rag and Bone, Rock and Republic + Paige Premium Denim for jeans, Gustto and Rebecca Minkoff for bags (Bottega Veneta if I'm feeling rich), Loeffler Randall, Lanvin and Gucci for shoes. I could go on and on.

Latest Etsy purchases (I'm providing seller ID's so people can check them out if they want):

(from seller MrsGibson - both pieces are made with vintage milk glass buttons - I looove milk glass):

(from seller Lazygiraffe - Brown Sugar necklace):

(from seller Attiladesign - pink coral cross earrings):

(from seller Necklush - a... necklush - fabric necklace scarf layered thingie):

(from seller Leelabijou - Sahara ring):

EDIT: Photos are from listings and are not of me.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hmm, I'll bite.

My absolute favorite pair of jeans are Paige jeans, and my second most favorite jeans are Sevens. I inherited the former from my sister, (they were/are hand-me-downs), and obtained the latter for X-Mas from my mother.

Other things I am guilty of wearing:

I own a couple Juicy Couture track suits, around, four pants, and three hoodies. Truth be told I don't care that they are popular and expensive, I love the way they fit and they are uber-comfortable.

I own several pair of Uggs, and have been an Uggs-wearer, so to speak, since 1998, I love my Uggs, and wear them, virtually, on a daily basis. They are not aesthetically pleasing, but they make me feel toasty warm and give my feet orgasms.

As I mentioned earlier, I am guilty of wearing gold and diamonds, though the diamonds I wear are small, and I think the setting style is referred to as pave, (could be wrong about that). I also wear an understated Tiffany's silver bracelet, I have that chunky locket one, too, but rarely wear it.

Back in the day, I was really into Marc Jacobs for a while, but have since given away several pairs of heels to friends, and just yesterday gave my Marc Jacobs wallet to my best friend. (I am currently quite happily using a Hello Kitty wallet I purchased for 99 cents at Target).

As for designer bags, I have a collection of Whiting and Davis purses and wallets, one that I believe is from the 1940's, another from the 70's and the other two both from this decade. I have a small collection of Coach purses, and a somewhat larger collection of LeSportsac bags, wallets, and luggage, (I LeSportsac).

Hrm, my sister is a stylist so I get a lot of free nice shit from her, but, honestly, a lot of it gets lost in my closet, sold, or given away.

Whenever I go shopping, I buy second-hand, and I do love me some vintage clothes.

Oh, I also really like James Pearse wife beaters, they just fit right!!!

K, I'm done.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

My sickness;

Things like this and this or this and this.

I really don't need as many bags as I have

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I am the only female in my family who does not own Louis Vuitton wallets, purses, luggage and, ew, my mom actually has a Louis Vuitton belt, (surely, my sister's influence, my mother is highly impressionable).

I do own a vintage Gucci bag, and a vintage Gucci wallet, and a Gucci toiletry bag, (all hand me downs).

My sister's both own ridiculously priced Ballenciaga (sp?) bags, I think they are a bit too flashy, especially the one with the extra-large gold grommets.

Hmm, what else, oh, I am committed to my Calvin Klein bras, they just fit perfectly, and I only buy them when they are on major sale.
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFx

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post

Latest Etsy purchases (I'm providing seller ID's so people can check them out if they want):

(from seller MrsGibson - both pieces are made with vintage milk glass buttons - I looove milk glass):

Ohmigawd!! I've always wanted something exactly like these! Especially the earrings!

I don't know who my favourite designers are, so I can't answer the original question. I'm so clueless when it comes to things like this (and not due to lack of interest in shopping either). Mostly I just see what I like and have no idea who designed it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Never heard of milk glass, what I do love is lucite jewelry and sugilite.

Acrylic glass - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sugilite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENTJ

CaptainChick, the Brown Sugar necklace is made with vintage lucite balls. I love vintage lucite stuff, jewelry, little boxes, bags, anything.

And, Cloakofsnow - those earrings were $21 and she has more so... /enabler

Trinity those links all went to websites but not specific items. I do not currently own any LV but I do like the Halo bags they came out with about...a year ago? I'd like one.

And yes, vintage Gucci. I have a 70's Gucci bag that I love so much I can barely carry it. For some reason I really don't like a lot of hardware and extras on bags, either. Which isn't good because there's often unecessary buckles and tassles etc. on bags these days. Boo.

Lastly re: Juicy Couture. I'm going to be brave as well and admit I own a few tracksuits and a summer dress. My boyfriend refuses to be outside of the house with me if I'm wearing velour. He's very sensitive, the poor thing.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Ah! I already love this thread!

I'm not really brand-conscious, but I do love me some designer clothes. They just fit better and wear nicer. The picture of me in the pink off-the-shoulder sweater? That's from "Vince". I have a pile of expensive Earl jeans (so does LadyJaye) that we got for WAY cheap because we knew where to look. (Can't fit them anymore since I am no longer a too skinny stick person). We used to get INSANE deals through Bluefly, but they've kinda gone mainstream.

My absolute favorite design houses are Betsey Johnson, John Galliano, Diesel, Dior and Alexander McQueen. I sometimes pop in to Style.com to see the latest runway pictures.

My shoe collection over the years has amassed thigh high white leather Dolcis boots, candy pink patent bombshell pumps from Guess, yellow high strapped spike boots from Bronx, and some seriously one-off neon yellow/black patent Madden spikes.

My favorite jacket is a pink/blue Diesel baseballer with two tone knit cuffs. The whole jacket reverses to plaid. It's so awesome.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I bought Abercrombie jeans on clearance with a gift card today. Do I make the club?

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

No! The dark lords banish thee! lol
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic