User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    Yes and as you say, it's clearly on purpose. Didn't they feel like they'd dinged us enough with the completely and utterly ridiculous prices for bags? The Louboutin pricing hurts me because I find so many Louboutins to be ur-shoes. They're almost works of art, beautiful and cartoony sometimes (in a good way).
    Fashion houses don't care about us. lol It's a choice to buy premium, and we agree to the price tag. I think some Louboutins are pretty. Like the pump with a bow on the back, and the ruffle nude colored shoe. Yet, I tend to veer away from trendy, and Louboutins definitely fall into that category for me. Though, that's just my personal taste. No prejudice to anyone else and what they like.

Do you ever have a cobbler change a shoe? Sometimes, I feel like there's too much going on. So, I have certain things removed on occassion. I get sole protectors too, and have the shoes waterproofed etc.

What are your favorite wardrobe pieces? (purses, shoes, jewelry)

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    If it's comfortable, functional, durable and, or soft, I'll happily wear it, please.
    100% agreed.

I also want it to last a while.

What is a good designer for classics? Ralph Lauren is my favorite, but I'm looking for something with a more modern twist.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by FemmeUrbane View Post
    100% agreed.

I also want it to last a while.

What is a good designer for classics? Ralph Lauren is my favorite, but I'm looking for something with a more modern twist.
    For clothes, or other goods?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

OneWithSoul:
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENTJ

Fashion houses don't care about us. lol It's a choice to buy premium, and we agree to the price tag.
    Oh I know, they want as much money as they can get and if people pay it then...yeah. But their mark-ups are SO cheeky. I mean, if you went to the grocery store and suddenly found oranges had been marked up over 100% you'd be pissed then, too.

Re: Louboutins - I don't love them all - it's the same with Stella McCartney shoes - I either love or hate them. Those cage sandals I posted (the pink ones), though, god, I love those. I. Love. Those. I have a thing for platforms, I think. I never really liked those thin soled, spindly heeled Blahniks and Choos - they looked like they would hurt so much. Platforms look better on me and are a lot easier/less painful to wear.

And for 'classic' I think my favourite is Michael Kors. He does classic American the best, imo - classic, but he makes it his own. And he uses so many lux materials, which I have a thing for. Cashmere sweaters and python bags, yay. Ralph Lauren, well, I've never been a huge fan because sometimes it seems a bit borderline costume-y or, I don't know, too rigid in its northeast prepster/aristo wannabe vibe.

What are your favorite wardrobe pieces? (purses, shoes, jewelry?
    Hmmm. I will try to make a list. These aren't really in order.

- sweaters - I just have a thing for sweaters/cardis, I own more sweaters than any other items of clothing, and am more prone to getting crushes on sweaters than other items. I bought a secondhand black cashmere Lanvin cardi a couple of months ago, trimmed in raw edged silk (also black) that is one of the most wearable pieces I've ever owned.

- shoes, especially gorgeous ones that aren't very practical (and yes, I make use of a cobbler - I can't afford to not take care of shoes because replacing them is too expensive)

- bags, especially in exotic skins and lacking too much fussy hardware, tassels etc. I like Rebecca Minkoff (favourite: Rebecca Minkoff Nikki Hobo ), Devi Kroell, Celine. I still mostly carry my Celine Boogie bag from ages ago.

- jewelry - yep. My taste in jewelry is a bit more out there than it is for other stuff, I can often wear a piece of OTT jewelry with an otherwise fairly subdued outfit. I had Spacemermaid.com custom make me a ring that always gets loads of comments (split between 'wow that's awesome' and 'what the hell is that?!') when people notice it. I like small, simple earrings and do not own one pair of 'chandeliers' - I'm not statuesque enough to not look ridiculous in long dangley earrings. Have you checked out Subversive Jewelry btw? Subversive Jewelry Be prepared to cry and drool.

I mostly buy jewelry off Etsy, actually.

- jeans - well, once I find a brand and style that works for me, I'll often buy 2-3 pairs in different washes. Finding a perfectly fitting pair of jeans is priceless

- hair doodads - I have been known to wear multicoloured feather and jewel-heavy fascinators, and also collect them. Also traditional Japanese kanzashi.

This is a very disjointed post, sorry about that, I was just sort of rambling on.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    For clothes, or other goods?
    Clothes.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

One of my favorite outfits ever... I'd go cruise with my INTJ bff.

My yellow Bronx boots, Earl jeans, cabbie hat yay!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

love it pink
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i have mad love for heeled boots...i really do.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison