User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    OK, so. Favourite designers? Links to latest purchases/lust objects?
    I have Paige Premium and R&R, but I have to buy size 23 in those. Hard to find. Plus, I don't think the price tag is justifiable for jeans. 100-200, fine. 300+ is on crack. It's probably why I only have 2 pairs of Rocks.

Clothes:
    Jasmine De Milo (dresses/skirts)
    Ralph Lauren (blouses/blazers/jackets).

Shoes:
    Jimmy Choo
    Prada
    Miu Miu
    Stuart Weitzman

Recent Purchase:
    Crisscross Platform

UrbanOutfitters.com > Hawks by Geren Ford Grommet Tank
    (Will be worn as a dress. I'm that short. Boo.)

Lusting: Scene 1 - Caress D'Eole Collection

Van Cleef & Arpels : Paris fine jewelry from the legendary French jeweler

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    My sickness;

Things like this and this or this and this.

I really don't need as many bags as I have
    lol I want to hug you right now.

Quote Originally Posted by laintpe View Post
    I'm one of those people who buys pretty things and walks out the door in a ripped sweatshirt and dirty running shoes.
    Same here. I wear kid clothes, nerdy tees, or gym clothes when I've nothing important to do. It also keeps unneccessary interaction with strangers to a minimum.

MBTI
    ENTJ

01011010 - oh that ring. Beautiful. I will never be able to truthfully answer "no" to the "are you a jealous mofo" question ever again (not that I have, yet).

Cool cork platform shoes, too. I likes cork wedges/platforms.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    INxJ

01011010 - oh that ring. Beautiful. I will never be able to truthfully answer "no" to the "are you a jealous mofo" question ever again (not that I have, yet).

Cool cork platform shoes, too. I likes cork wedges/platforms.
    lol There's no way in hell I will plunk down that kind of money for the jewelry. It really is beautiful though. I live below my means. I imagine many INTJs do. That obviously includes not spending money like a crazy person.

Cork is my favorite too. Has been for 2 years now. It looks very natural, and gives the illusion of elongating the leg. I'm 4'10''. So, I was very happy when platforms came into style. Not the really crazy tall ones of this season, but some are still fine. I.E. Prada and Miu Miu (Ironically, those are two of the most affordable, high end brands.)

MBTI
    INTJ

Well I just recently got these:
    Brooks Brothers | Men | Casual Pants | Advantage Chinos

I know they don't look like much, but the material is soooo nice. Soft, comfortable, suitable for casual events as well as the workplace.

Also got a Claiborne leather/wool jacket combo. Really cheap. only cost me $160!!! Can't find a picture online though.

For the wintertime I got a lot of nice turtlenecks. However my favorite was this Alfani Merino wool one. It kept me so warm, yet the material let me breathe at the same time, so I wasn't suffocated. Very functional.

I"m also envious of my friend who found this olive green, very light, yet stylish looking short-sleeve button up hemp shirt. I tried it on one day, and it felt so comfortable and lightweight. It was also a breezy day, but the material still kept me sufficiently warm and comfortable. I insisted on wearing it that day.

Those are a few of my tastes. Very cheap, yet stylish enough, and cost effective.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by WithoutaFace View Post
    Those are a few of my tastes. Very cheap, yet stylish enough, and cost effective.
    You figured out your clothes situation. Good for you.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    You figured out your clothes situation. Good for you.
    Yes, now I'm brimming with excitement over my newly discovered style. I have always appreciated clothes, just wanted to break away from the bland polo/blue jeans exhibition that I was accustomed to.

I'm also starting to really like corduroy pants a lot. They not only feel really comfortable (much more than denim), they look awesome.

I like your criss cross shoes too.
    But more importantly: So it does seem you are a little more than just functionality with clothes, eh 010?

MBTI
    ENTJ

I'm 4'10''.
    Eeh, that's an awkward size. I have a female friend who is 6 foot tall and can also ever find anything that fits. I'm 5 foot 5 and jean size 26/27, so it's generally easy to find clothes, even though I do often find myself hemming pants.

I live below my means.
    I don't.

Btw, have you seen the video from this season of the Prada models falling all over the catwalk because the shoes were so effed up? Hilarious. It's also funny how Prada and Miu Miu are now some of the 'cheaper' (cheaper as in cheaper for high end brand names, so not really cheap at all) big names? I remember saving up and spending just over $500 on a pair of wooden Stella McCartney heels about 3.5 years ago and thinking I would NEVER spend that much on shoes again, it was outrageous etc. etc. It now seems quite common to find shoes for $1000. Those Louboutins I posted were. I mean...$1000! For shoes!!! God hates me.

MBTI
    INxJ

Btw, have you seen the video from this season of the Prada models falling all over the catwalk because the shoes were so effed up? Hilarious. It's also funny how Prada and Miu Miu are now some of the 'cheaper' (cheaper as in cheaper for high end brand names, so not really cheap at all) big names? I remember saving up and spending just over $500 on a pair of wooden Stella McCartney heels about 3.5 years ago and thinking I would NEVER spend that much on shoes again, it was outrageous etc. etc. It now seems quite common to find shoes for $1000. Those Louboutins I posted were. I mean...$1000! For shoes!!! God hates me.
    No kidding. I assume all clothing I purchase will need tailoring.

If you're buying Rocks they probably would need hemming at the average 36 inch inseam.

I don't watch fashion show stuff. It is funny that Prada shoes are within a decent price range. The more trendy brands are simply outrageous though. Shoe prices have been climbing steadily for the last 5 years. I remember when Jimmy Choos were actually affordable. Louboutins aren't worth it in my eyes. I know they don't always have the red sole anymore, but I found that super tacky. It would completely clash with colors of a normal outfit. 1000+ is only reasonable for exotic materials and extra unique designs. The American dollar has been decreasing too. Unfortunately, everyone from Louis Vuitton to Tiffanys all have price increases a few times, every year. So, the markups are very intentional and only continue to grow with time.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I give up. Im so lost and I don't get any of this.. I'm fashion-doomed forever.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENTJ

Shoe prices have been climbing steadily for the last 5 years.
    Yes and as you say, it's clearly on purpose. Didn't they feel like they'd dinged us enough with the completely and utterly ridiculous prices for bags? The Louboutin pricing hurts me because I find so many Louboutins to be ur-shoes. They're almost works of art, beautiful and cartoony sometimes (in a good way).

Im so lost and I don't get any of this
    There's nothing to get! We're just talking about brands we know and love or hate. You will have feelings for certain brands, too. Discuss them.

Now, for fun, model's bailing: YouTube - Models trips on prada catwalk (actually I feel sorry for them, but I still chuckle guiltily)