User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ

I am my own stylist when I go out. I also have hair pieces and wigs and industrial strength make-up. The little girl in me will always get a natural high off playing dress up.
    I wish we could hang out and play dress up all day - everyone posting in this thread. Many of my female friends here are of the kind of sober academic type that doesn't seem to be too into clothing etc. Poor little me. *cries into closet*

Btw, I just want to say...liking clothes/makeup/accessories/home decor etc. etc. doesn't somehow cancel out the possibility of also being a thinking person with the ability to be serious. I hate this idea that it's either/or. Either you're a materialistic airhead Paris Hilton wannabe OR you're a deep-thinking, profound person. That's BS, and it's pretty obvious BS, too. So go back to your sparsely furnished and veryvery serious cave, Uber, before we stab you with our vintage 80's neon blue patent leather spike heels.

Lastly, how *awesome* is this: Etsy :: metalicious :: The Original Modern Rock Ring ?

EDIT: OMG! That link turned into a proper link all by itself! Thank you, magical computer elves!

DOUBLE EDIT: This dress makes me think of PinkPirahna and CaptainChick: Etsy :: Flutterbydaisy :: Tea party dress in green and yellow
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    lol Those are hot! I always wanted Cat boots, esp when I was working on Cats, but they never came in my size! :steam: I do have several pairs of heavy boots in my closet though, including a pair of steel toes that were my last while in the trade.
    I have a pair of more conservative Cats that I recently bought. I wear them to work under business slacks, and I have another pair of chunky steel toes that I also wear to work. (I have an office job, btw) However, I suspect if I find a pair like I linked, it will probably be a little too OTT for work, alas. Edit: Sizes are a bit tricky. My feet are large enough to wear the smallest or second-smallest sizes in men's shoes but shops are usually sold out of those sizes. Tres annoying.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    DOUBLE EDIT: This dress makes me think of PinkPirahna and CaptainChick: Etsy :: Flutterbydaisy :: Tea party dress in green and yellow
    I don't know, that dress seemed more erinavery.

/Clinton
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah...with some super cute really tall tan wedges haha...i like.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTJ

I love wedges. I saved up and splurged on a pair of Louboutin Cataribbon wedges a couple of seasons ago. They are infinitely wearable and infinitely awesome. I love those shoes.

*chokes up*

EDIT: Mine are red/gold, not silver.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

and ollily...i love some of their pieces...do you like them?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Wow I'm so out of the loop with all of this.

I'm not a fashion expert whatsoever. What I think looks good generally does not coincide with what actually looks good. I can piece together a girly outfit decently for a time out, but generally I find myself in the same clothing everyday. Cargo shorts or pants, boxers underneath, tank, and loose t-shirt over it with comfy shoes.

Though, I am very partial to Victoria's Secret undergarments. I've had trouble with the clothing, but their bras I found have been the only ones that have fit my size well without being overly flattering or uncomfortable.

Edit: I ought to mention I am generally relieved when I have to wear uniforms of any sort.. It means I don't have to put any thought into what I wear.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENTJ

Kyuuei, when I was in highschool I used to wish we had a school uniform. I was a clotheshorse then, too, but did not have the financial resources to show it. It was hell.

Erin - I think I have an Oilily skirt - is that the brand with a small bird as its logo? Is it French?

And now, the shoes I would sell my shrivelled soul to Satan for: Platform Cage Sandal (not letting me copy the photo for some reason, blergh) bright pink - would wear with black opaque tights and a short, bell-ish shaped skirt. Omg. Omg. OMGOMGOMG.

*tries to catch breath*

MBTI
    INTP

I do like fashion--but I don't like when it becomes Fashion, and people start talking about it like it's an actual Important Issue to Consider in the World, like most celebrities seem to. In fact, I kind of wish there would be a major ban on celebrities talking about fashion. Just wear it, and shut up about it.

I have to say, I really don't get the gladiator sandal. It's just a trend I don't understand. I mean, if you're wearing something that covers your entire foot, you're automatically making your leg look shorter, which I cannot get on board with.

You know what I do love? Forties and fifties clothes. Oh, man. Why didn't I live in the forties? I could have ROCKED that stuff.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    Kyuuei, when I was in highschool I used to wish we had a school uniform. I was a clotheshorse then, too, but did not have the financial resources to show it. It was hell.
    Same here. Then again, I was a punk and looking like your clothes were rotting off = Okay.

Having a school uniform was a huge relief for me.

And now, the shoes I would sell my shrivelled soul to Satan for: Platform Cage Sandal (not letting me copy the photo for some reason, blergh) bright pink - would wear with black opaque tights and a short, bell-ish shaped skirt. Omg. Omg. OMGOMGOMG.

*tries to catch breath*
    Those. Are hot! Guiseppe Zanotti's new line of shoes this year almost put me in conniptions. Hot pink everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I do like fashion--but I don't like when it becomes Fashion, and people start talking about it like it's an actual Important Issue to Consider in the World, like most celebrities seem to. In fact, I kind of wish there would be a major ban on celebrities talking about fashion. Just wear it, and shut up about it.
    Agreed. Most of the time I'm like "So what?!" I like what I like and not because Eva Longoria was wearing it. Most of the time, I think celebrities look AWFUL in their clothes. I almost never agree with the talking heads about "Oh that looked great on him/her". I'm one of the few people on planet earth who thinks Sarah Jessica Parker has the worst taste in clothes EVER.

You know what I do love? Forties and fifties clothes. Oh, man. Why didn't I live in the forties? I could have ROCKED that stuff.
    Same here!! I love the style. I have to find a way to incorporate my silk stockings. It would be 40s/50s du jour.

The men looked amazing! Fedoras, three-piece suits, suspenders, that side-walled hair cut (most recently seen on Brad Pitt - I don't like him but the hair cut was to die for).

Dear heavens, I'm drooling.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious