User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Is it wrong for an ENFP to not care about fashion?
    Whoever said ENFPs like fashion is high on crack cocaine. Unless they were talking about those ditzy ENFP chicks who are really ESFPs in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl
    You're weakening, aren't you, Sytpg? I can feel it...
    Yeah, weakening for sure. The idea of getting into YSLs pants is not very appealing. YSL is not a hot chick is she?

MBTI
    ENTJ

It's just not me to go into designer shops and buy mass amounts of clothing.
    This isn't my thing either - I don't know if anyone in this thread is into this. Fashion is definitely, for me, about finding the unique and fabulous pieces. I'd be as scornful, on a fashion level, of someone dressed in a head-to-toe single designer outfit that cost $5000 as I would of someone dressed head to toe in Gap that cost $200.

YSL is not a hot chick is she?
    Yves Saint Laurent is a dude and also, unfortunately, now dead. But chicks look hot as HELL in his clothes. And Laetitia Casta was his muse. You might approve on that level? Now, c'mon, just try these pants on. Indulge me. You know you want to.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Lol, honestly, I truly care next to nil when it comes to these, or any particular clothes, but just like how I love the looks of purple, or how I enjoy/appreciate drawing(s)/painting(s), and the way certain colors/shapes/designs/patterns look, is the same way I appreciate a pretty piece of jewelry, or a nice dress.

I appreciate aesthetics, but I care a shit-ton more about ideas, people, actions, *relationships*, theories, nature, love, etc.

On most days, my loved ones look at me like, :horor:-how-the-hell-can-you-leave-the-house-dressed-like-that-:horor:!!!

Well, I can and do, because I really don't give a shit how I look, (most days), that's how!

Regarding clothes, more than a fashion queen, I would call myself a function/comfort queen.

If it's comfortable, functional, durable and, or soft, I'll happily wear it, please.

But, I was born and raised in LA, and, since a very young age have been inundated with this fashion-propaganda shiz, if you know what I mean, so I am not guilty of being shallow, I am just guilty of being a sponge, so to speak.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Whoever said ENFPs like fashion is high on crack cocaine. Unless they were talking about those ditzy ENFP chicks who are really ESFPs in disguise.
    Wha?

No I love fashion! It's like performance art and one of the most accessible and immediate forms of creative and aesthetic expression.

That's not to say I am a slave to trends or labels - the exact opposite -- I am a true lover of aesthetics, design, color, cut, and personal expression. I'm not keeping up with the Joneses or trying to buy status.

I very much admire people who have a strong aeshetic, particularly if it is their own.

I make my own trends (HA!) and when I was more culturally relevent, I could spot trends a few years away.

As a teenager, I often got second looks or even ridicule for how I dressed or wore my hair, then 1 or 2 or 3 years later all the other kids (including those who made fun of me) would be doing the exact same thing.

They weren't copying me however, they were merely catching on to a trend a little behind the curve. Still, that's enough to be worthy of my teenaged angsty scorn. Unoriginal!!!

Me - I was ahead of the curve. It's that damn Ne.

And by the time other people caught on I was on to the next wave.

I've looked into studying fashion design and being a buyer for a department store and I would love to be a stylist! I am my own stylist when I go out. I also have hair pieces and wigs and industrial strength make-up. The little girl in me will always get a natural high off playing dress up.

These days, especially having spent my 20s in a very conservative city, my dress is more eclectic and not as snazzy. Like Captain Chick, sometimes I'm fine running out of the house looking like a homeless person who's going camping (ummm, wait not to say that's how you look, girl! Just that sometimes I just care about utility). I look real scrubby sometimes.

Still, I love fashion and I have no qualms saying this. It doesn't make me shallow, it makes me fun.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I practically wear the same thing everyday -- T-shirt and jeans. I do not see the purpose of fashion. And it does not make sense for women to follow fashion unless they're trying to attract men.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    And it does not make sense for women to follow fashion unless they're trying to attract men.
    Wow, it's so clear now, I don't like fashion cause I enjoy having things that I think look good, it's always about men, being trendy is about men, MY WORLD REVOLVES AROUND MEN! OMG I SEE THE LIGHT. Once I find a man I plan on setting myself up with 7 different coloured track-suits with matching joggers and then I shall live in a different colour each day cause it will no longer make sense to follow fashion. I think Ill make Wednesdays green tracky day

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Are aesthetics really that necessary?

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Are aesthetics really that necessary?
    Why do things have to be necessary?

Do you live only on necessities?

MBTI
    INTP

I have a thing for men's work boots. Does this count? I have 3 pairs so far and a hankering for more. I would have bought a pair of these on my last boot expedition but they didn't have my size:

Want.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Blanket statement FAIL.

My ENFP twin sister is stylish and could beat you to death with her massive brain. Fashionable concerns don't make you a ditz. My ESFP bff isn't a ditz either. Way to slander two types including your own.

Kan - I love Betsey Johnson. She has such a way with color and texture, I can't help but worship her. I could roll around in her closet and come out with tons of stuff stuck to me and it would probably all look great together.

Any of you other gals notice the theme in the latest Vogue?

*jumpsuits
    *chrome heels
    *90s supermodels
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious