User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I can only buy the wide leg types of jeans they have, because my big manly thighs are simply too much for designer slim jeans.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post

I can only buy the wide leg types of jeans they have, because my big manly thighs are simply too much for designer slim jeans.
    Big manly thighs must be accommodated!

I know it's probably really annoying to find jeans when they fit one place but don't in other areas. I'm having problems with that myself. My waist to hip ratio is a bit extreme - i.e. I have a bodacious can and a small waist, but also being a chick, my stomach's not board flat like a man (or my bff Athena, darn her!) so either you get mashed into jeans with a too-high waist or you wear low rise which just LOVE to scoot down and show some butt cleavage.

*head shake*

I have a pair of zippered black Jill Sander jeans that I adore, my rock star jeans, but they're low cut and sitting in them = an Act of Congress.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Big manly thighs must be accommodated!

You have no idea the pain endured in doing so. I have a 34" waist, and must buy 38" pants and have them tailored, and not just darted, a full re-cut (seat and waist and length), which is about $45.

So, if I find a nice pair of pants for $50, then they just turned into a $95 pair. Damn it! JockTheMotie and I are victims of the girly-man-fashion-conglomerate.

Damn clothes! :steam:

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    You have no idea the pain endured in doing so. I have a 34" waist, and must buy 38" pants and have them tailored, and not just darted, a full re-cut (seat and waist and length), which is about $45.

So, if I find a nice pair of pants for $50, then they just turned into a $95 pair. Damn it! JockTheMotie and I are victims of the girly-man-fashion-conglomerate.

Damn clothes! :steam:
    While I don't have your body type and build [more of the sprinter/soccer player look, small fit upper body but relatively thick legs] I can empathize with you completely. 32" waist, but big thighs and calves. I'm glad I don't have to get mine tailored though, just gotta get the non-slim pairs that are the rage. That's gotta be a nightmare.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Is it wrong that I am finding some small comfort in the fact that men have trouble finding jeans to fit them perfectly, too? My solution to this is to go by brand - some brands fit very well, and others never do, regardless of cut or style. That's my general experience anyway.

That's from "Vince"
    I love Vince cashmere!!!

PinkPirahna - I can see you in Betsey Johnson. Those designers you chose seem very 'you' somehow. I'm a fan of Alexander McQueen as well.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I love cashmere, and I love Vince, and I love Vince cashmere, I own both a pink cash-mere (ha!)sweater and a gray long sleeve cashmere shirt/sweater from him/that company.

I looooooove cashmere!!!

It's intoxicatingly soft!!!

Give me cashmere clouds and marshmallow pillows, please!

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    Thanks to Sytpg for the thread title. You will be in YSL skinny pants before this thread is done, mark my words!
    I hereby curse you all to the hell of pantlessness. Yeah, just like heaven, only, your arse is on fire.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    That's gotta be a nightmare.
    It SUCKS! But whatever, I did it to myself. What position do/did you play in soccer? I played center halfback my whole youth, it was alot of fun. Now I'm stuck with these trees for legs...

MBTI
    ENTJ

I looooooove cashmere!!!
    Oh GOD me too. When I win the lottery I will wear only cashmere. Even cashmere undies. Yummmm.

I hereby curse you all to the hell of pantlessness. Yeah, just like heaven, only, your arse is on fire.
    You're weakening, aren't you, Sytpg? I can feel it...

*nonchalantly holds up pair of YSL skinny pants in front of Sytpg, pretends to inspect*
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Is it wrong for an ENFP to not care about fashion?

I feel like kind of a misfit because I don't want designer clothes..

I prefer more of a unique fashion- unique shirts and clothing articles that aren't sold/bought in large numbers. I went to a jazz concert the other week and bought a jazz t-shirt from it. I bought a t-shirt that has cool designs on it from an earth/hippie shop.

It's just not me to go into designer shops and buy mass amounts of clothing.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?