User Tag List

First 891011 Last

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

If that mediocrity is effortless, then I say brag away!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENTJ

Oooh, Pink, I got all caught up in the size chat and forgot to tell you that the outfit you posted is awesome. Lurve the hat with it.

Hmmm, am I bragging about being mediocre??
    No, you're bragging about fitting into clothes with no adjustments necessary. *seethes*

"Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by WithoutaFace View Post
    I love being 5'7''. No worries, not too heavy or light. I blend right into the crowd; no awkward attention. Best of all, no trouble shopping for sizes. 32-30 always works for me with pants.

Hmmm, am I bragging about being mediocre??
    There are days when I would kill to fit into clothes made for those whose measures are "under the fashion bell curve."

And then a day or two later I end up going to the gym to crank out a gut wrenching workout and the longing subsides. Ahhh...alas...the pain of being clad in bedouin tent-shirts and baggy pants cinched at the waist.

At least I look OK nude.

It is a pain in the arse to find clothes that fit though, and if I do they are a ridiculous amount of money (aka Kenneth Cole shirts) so I'm more into jeans and T-shirts in order to have money for food. :steam:

Dali

Thanks for the tips, Kangirl. Going to keep an eye for those next time I'm out shopping. J Brand sounds familiar so I'm hoping I may find that one.

Withoutaface is treading on dangerous ground. *tick-tock-tick-tock...*

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    I mean, if you went to the grocery store and suddenly found oranges had been marked up over 100% you'd be pissed then, too.
    I've seen it marked up past 100%.

Re: Louboutins - I don't love them all - it's the same with Stella McCartney shoes - I either love or hate them. Those cage sandals I posted (the pink ones), though, god, I love those. I. Love. Those. I have a thing for platforms, I think. I never really liked those thin soled, spindly heeled Blahniks and Choos - they looked like they would hurt so much. Platforms look better on me and are a lot easier/less painful to wear.
    Platforms do lessen the length of heel that the wearer feels. I've never been big on Manolos either. Choo has made platforms, but in a more demure and reserved style.

And for 'classic' I think my favourite is Michael Kors. He does classic American the best, imo - classic, but he makes it his own. And he uses so many lux materials, which I have a thing for. Cashmere sweaters and python bags, yay. Ralph Lauren, well, I've never been a huge fan because sometimes it seems a bit borderline costume-y or, I don't know, too rigid in its northeast prepster/aristo wannabe vibe.
    Michael Kors makes really cute purses sometimes, and evening shoes. However, the quality is subpar. I bought gold platforms last winter, and I felt they were too flimsy. Sort of on level with Tory Burch. It looks pretty, but isn't as well made as it should be.

I wouldn't say it's wannabe with Ralph Lauren. Most people that buy from Collection and Blue/Black labels are wealthy. There aren't many people outside of that income range, that will pay 700+ for a simple blouse. RL is catering to it's base, which is old money.

Yet, I'm really not into rugby sweaters and such.

I bought a secondhand black cashmere Lanvin cardi a couple of months ago, trimmed in raw edged silk (also black) that is one of the most wearable pieces I've ever owned.
    Sounds pretty.

And high end clothing lines are, unfortunately, not known for cutting their clothing for anybody other than the 5 foot 10, 115 lb. woman (I have to hem almost every pair of pants I buy). It's depressing. It also doesn't make economic sense, in some ways. A wider size range would sell a lot more, no? Although then the designers would have to witness fat people and short people wearing their clothes. AND WE CAN'T HAVE THAT!! The horror!
    It's true that fashion designers have a weight bias. Really short people are a rarity. There's no market for it, thus no reason to discriminate in the first place. However, there are a few houses that include petites. Ralph Lauren, BCBG, Michael Kors. Burberry makes petite coats. Diane Von Furstenberg makes most of her blouses with a one size petite option. Paige and Joe's carry petite jeans. Middle range stores also cater to petites. J.Crew, Kenneth Cole, and Banana Republic. Of course, smaller people can have any garment made to fit them. Whereas, heavy people have no options.

Quote Originally Posted by FemmeUrbane View Post
    Clothes.
    Anything from: Juicy Couture, Marc Jacobs, True Religion Jeans - shopbop.com

MBTI
    ENTJ

I've seen it marked up past 100%.
    Well that's depressing.

I don't think I own any Kors items - nothing from the non-cheaper line, anyway. I have a couple of pairs of shoes and they don't fit well (they seem designed for longer, thinner feet and my feet are of the shorter, wider variety) so they don't get much wear. Shouldn't have bought them in the first place.

As for RL, I'm just not into his schtick/style. It's just me. I'm not trying to argue that all RL clothes ever are shit.

Re: plus sizes - Rachel Pally does a plus sized line now and I think I read somewhere that it sells like crazy. Not surprising, I suppose. I'm still watching eBay for a pair of her 'Disco' shorts from last year - they were teh awesome and I left it too late to pick up a pair from Shopbop.

Yer welcome, Mo!

MBTI
    nnnn

Lanvin. :love:

I just love the dress with the trompe l'oeil effect that makes it look as it the model is even thinner than she really is - that's the kind of thoughtfulness and the sense of irony that makes me fall in love with an item. I have 2 wonderful handbags by this Belgian designer ( Index ) that have a pattern that refers to the inside of the animal the bag is made of on the lining fabric (not in a tacky way). Concept myumm. I love Elbaz's use of colour.

MBTI
    ENTJ

I want this piece of avant garde fashion design, a lot: Juicy Couture Terry Wide Leg Jumpsuit

Uytuun - I didn't see your post! I will go and check out those handbags now. And I agree with you on Elbaz. If my bank account allowed it, there would be a lot more Lanvin in my closet. I love Lanvin shoes, in general, as well.

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

*squees* I just found this thread! I'm feeling really girly and looking forward to spring.

Luisa Beccaria:

Valentino flower/rosette totes and clutches:

Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

°cataplum!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Dior Homme is my favorite designer wear. Spring and summer 09 was probably not the most fashion forward collection, but I chose it because it best represents my style.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qIBrDBUSGg"]Dior Homme SS 09[/YOUTUBE]