User Tag List

12 Last

Question The Never Ending Thread

Who has the lowest ratio of posts to "thread-killing" posts (i.e. final posts in a thread)?

At the moment my ratio is pretty low, and that's not good for my self-esteem.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Oberon

The more one runs off at the keyboard, the more thread-killing posts one is prone to have...it's a by-product of verbosity, not a propensity to end discussions in embarrassed silences.

At least, that's what I keep telling myself.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Who has the lowest ratio of posts to "thread-killing" posts (i.e. final posts in a thread)?

At the moment my ratio is pretty low, and that's not good for my self-esteem.
    So let's make a game of this!

This thread will never die (hopefully) cause we're going to keep it alive and restore your self-esteem. Alls well that ends well.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Enneagram
    1w2

I was just told the vilest, most foul thing that I've heard...in the past week.

One of my friends just told me that she met an emergency room doctor yesterday and he told her about having to pull a King Size Snickers out of a woman's coochie that had been there for THREE DAYS! He said peanuts and nougat was flying everywhere and the smell was horrible.

That being said I think I want a Snickers.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    That being said I think I want a Snickers.
    Considering the context, I'm interested to know exactly in what way you "want" that Snickers...

Enneagram
    1w2

For its peanuty goodness of course!

What else could there be?

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Many believe that they are lead the ratio of posting thread-killers, but there can only be one. One post-killer to rule them all!
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    So let's make a game of this!

This thread will never die (hopefully) cause we're going to keep it alive and restore your self-esteem. Alls well that ends well.

Almost didn't make it through the weekend.

I guess I am last again. (funn how that works).

Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

No, I'll be last.

(After the Snickers story, I am not sure I want to post here again after this.... Sigh. At least it wasn't a Charleston Chew.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

I have no idea what the snickers thing is about.

But I was reminded of something from childhood....

This is the thread that doesn't end.
    Yes it goes on and on my friends.
    Some peole started posting here, not knowing what it was...
    And they continue posting here forever just because....

YouTube - The Song That Doesn't End

Robot Fusion