User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    The ENFP has Fi and Te.

Lol I still don't get this system.

I read it, and it goes straight out of my head, each time. I dread college, what will I be like there.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Morality is subjective.

Te is concerned with morals and principles, Fe is concerned with political correctness (not offending others).
    I think that would be Fi, not Te. Fe is about using an external standard to determine your internal emotional state (and to control that of others), via social rules.

Anyway, so as not to derail this thread too much...

"Why does she look so withdrawn and sad today?"

"Oh, don't worry about her, she's just Fi Ne."

Carry on, lame jesters.

Enneagram
    1w2

Morality is subjective.

Te is concerned with morals and principles, Fe is concerned with political correctness (not offending others).
    Political correctness existed before Fe?
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I don't understand, are you asking if it existed before Fe, or claiming that it existed before Fe?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    What I meant was people who display politically correct behavior are probably Fe.

Although Si can be a factor in political correctness.

Also consider the Enneagram Type 1, which corresponds to Jung's definition of Te. The E1 is concerned with morality. Morality is a more systems-based concept.

Compare that to Enneagram Type 2. The E2 is concerned with helping their fellow man. This could manifest itself in PC-ness. E2 corresponds to Fe. Political correctness is more geared to humanity, but not toward principles.

The dictator stereotype that people seem to attribute to Te is not entirely valid. The Enneagram dictator stereotype corresponds to Enneagram Type 8, which, believe it or not, corresponds to Ne. Although some Enneagram definitions correspond E8 to Si, and I can understand this, too.

In Jung's system, the Te is a "high-minded idealist" type.

Enneagram
    1w2

What I meant was people who display politically correct behavior are probably Fe.
    Maybe this is just my reaction, but whenever people say "political correctness" iI think it's current meaning is pejorative. PCness is currently used to obscure the truth by spinning language in to a certain interest that is hard to disagree with. It's original usage probably was Fe, taking others feelings into consideration and creating a lexicon that is appropriately responsive to those sensitivities, but that's not what it means now. That's why I asked you why you correlate Fe with political correctness. Connecting those two functions together seems to taint Fe.

BTW, I'm 1w2.

Sorry for the derail, back to lame jokes (some of which are quite entertaining)
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

The way I view political correctness is watching what you say and how you say it.

In my experience of PC-ness, it's usually people getting offended on the behalf of others, who may or may not have been offended. For example, a non-blond person gets offended by dumb blond jokes. But in actuality, blonds are quite often amused by them. PC-ness is basically perverted sensitivity in my eyes -- Fe gone bad.

Another example of PC-ness is using the phrase of "You people," which, these days, is automatically assumed to be related to a person's race. This seems to be a very Si thing, which has the tendency to make singular associations like that which have become welded into a tradition.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Some chemistry related pickup lines I made up (Though others have probably thought of these also.) Some might be hard ot understand if they involve things people don't know or haven't learned yet.

"Want to check out my test tube?"

"Let's go back to my place and dimerize."

"I believe me and you together would be quite exothermic."

"Let us bond and explore our vibrational and rotational modes"

"Have I overcome your activation energy yet?"

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    "Why does she look so withdrawn and sad today?"

"Oh, don't worry about her, she's just Fi Ne."

The lamest jokes of all are those found inside Christmas-crackers (or whatever you call them where you come from).

Attachment 490

I burn with shame to remember that I found them hilarious as an 8 year old. They very nearly ruin extended-family christmasses. And those dumb paper hats that too many people wear with no sense of irony, only a sense of the ridiculous. It's enough to make a cheerful man slit his wrists on a beautiful Summer day.
    Last edited by JivinJeffJones; 06-23-2008 at 09:52 AM.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

(I'm just making some up for now.)

Which cow's name describes what it's house is like?

Barney.

What did Ron's wife say after hearing he invested in Enron?

O Ron, why Ron?

What did the teacher say after finding that Sam copied his math homework?

It seems that Sam's sum is the same as someone's.

Why is this joke lame?

It has no legs and cannot walk.