Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    Hmm...I find your avatar in pretty poor taste in terms of suggestiveness!

I love it!

I had no intention of keeping my virtual girlfriend up (who was a character in a video game I occasionally play) -- it was more of a joke because I was in that kind of mood.

The problem with me putting up avatars of females is that it gives other posters the impression that I'm female.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Second of all, I can't believe that some people are more offended by Hitler than by... that half-dressed person he placed up there.
    I can't believe that anyone would be more offended by a virtual image that isn't even nude than Hitler, but to each his own.

A human being put on display like that is degrading to everyone.
    Er...I disagree. What is degrading about human sexuality? The only thing degrading about that picture is the fact that we are resorting to creating virtual images for purposes like that. Also, it's not a human.

I respect other people's right to dissent, but I'm shocked that so many other people don't share my views.
    This is the problem, imo.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    It wasn't a crime to kill Jews in the Fatherland between 1932 and 1945. It was a crime to be a Jew during that time!

The most heinous crime to me are parents who allow their screaming kids in public places or cell-phones ringing in the movie theater. It's a total disrespect to my inner peace!!!
    Tell the tale to the chap from Athens. The man who wants to obey the law of his country.
    Your Fatherland gassed autists starting 1934. Many aspies among them. The first to die for the Fatherland.

But you did a good deed. You are a brave lad. You replaced the Hitler and Mussolini love song with a much less offending image.
    Thank you, Uberfuhrer.

The others did not let you do it.
    They brought back the Nazi flags.

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    That was my first reaction to, but it actually kind of makes sense.

In the case of Hitler Germany, he and his party created an incredible amount of advances - it transformed a destabilized poor country into a world superpower in a very short amount of time. The fact that it is overshadowed by the efficient immorality doesn't really change that.

The counterpart would be that, if you assume the creation and objectification of people is inherently bad, you would have none of the "advances" and all of the bad.

Since neither avatar does anything to me emotionally, I'm not about to judge the respective views, although I find the current one more... uhh... in bad taste than the previous one. I don't really understand the reaction to the naked body, but I can see the iconic reaction it could trigger.
    I concede all your points. I was coming less from a position that the Hitler avatar was offensive and more from a position that the video game girl avatar was positively innocuous.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    I just pinched your boobies, I hope you don't mind.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

MBTI
    INTP

That was my first reaction to, but it actually kind of makes sense.

In the case of Hitler Germany, he and his party created an incredible amount of advances - it transformed a destabilized poor country into a world superpower in a very short amount of time. The fact that it is overshadowed by the efficient immorality doesn't really change that.

The counterpart would be that, if you assume the creation and objectification of people is inherently bad, you would have none of the "advances" and all of the bad.

Since neither avatar does anything to me emotionally, I'm not about to judge the respective views, although I find the current one more... uhh... in bad taste than the previous one. I don't really understand the reaction to the naked body, but I can see the iconic reaction it could trigger.
    An Apologia of a Canadian.
    Beautiful.

What is the law in British Columbia I do not know.
    In Europe you do not exhibit Nazi emblems ouside of a historical context.
    Unless you want to end in a law suit of course.

Germany was poor you say.
    A misconception.

What was the true cause of WWI?
    The effect comes ahead of the cause, eh?

The cause of WWI did not differ from the cause of WWII.
    An armistice is not a peace.

Sarajevo did not have to do with anything.
    Nor the events that lead to Sarajevo.

What is history?
    An apology of the victors.

Oberon

No, but creating a technologically advanced, fully industrialized, clinically efficient society with a criminal ideology as its reason for existing is not a step forward.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Okay, people, how can a government be criminal? They're the ones who determine the crimes!

Saying another government is "criminal" is sort of ethnocentric, don't you think?

Wildcat, it was only relatively recently that Asperger syndrome and autism have become labeled as disabilities. I'm sure before then, they were just personality differences. Hans Asperger only observed the tendency of children to be "little professors," but didn't see it as a disability.