User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 97

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    961

    Default


  2. #32
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Another Farker?! Be still my heart!
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  3. #33
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    Hmm...I find your avatar in pretty poor taste in terms of suggestiveness!

    I love it!


    I had no intention of keeping my virtual girlfriend up (who was a character in a video game I occasionally play) -- it was more of a joke because I was in that kind of mood.

    The problem with me putting up avatars of females is that it gives other posters the impression that I'm female.

  4. #34
    Per Ardua Metamorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    3,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Second of all, I can't believe that some people are more offended by Hitler than by... that half-dressed person he placed up there.
    I can't believe that anyone would be more offended by a virtual image that isn't even nude than Hitler, but to each his own.

    A human being put on display like that is degrading to everyone.
    Er...I disagree. What is degrading about human sexuality? The only thing degrading about that picture is the fact that we are resorting to creating virtual images for purposes like that. Also, it's not a human.

    I respect other people's right to dissent, but I'm shocked that so many other people don't share my views.
    This is the problem, imo.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

    Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

  5. #35
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    It wasn't a crime to kill Jews in the Fatherland between 1932 and 1945. It was a crime to be a Jew during that time!

    The most heinous crime to me are parents who allow their screaming kids in public places or cell-phones ringing in the movie theater. It's a total disrespect to my inner peace!!!
    Tell the tale to the chap from Athens. The man who wants to obey the law of his country.
    Your Fatherland gassed autists starting 1934. Many aspies among them. The first to die for the Fatherland.

    But you did a good deed. You are a brave lad. You replaced the Hitler and Mussolini love song with a much less offending image.
    Thank you, Uberfuhrer.

    The others did not let you do it.
    They brought back the Nazi flags.

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    That was my first reaction to, but it actually kind of makes sense.

    In the case of Hitler Germany, he and his party created an incredible amount of advances - it transformed a destabilized poor country into a world superpower in a very short amount of time. The fact that it is overshadowed by the efficient immorality doesn't really change that.

    The counterpart would be that, if you assume the creation and objectification of people is inherently bad, you would have none of the "advances" and all of the bad.

    Since neither avatar does anything to me emotionally, I'm not about to judge the respective views, although I find the current one more... uhh... in bad taste than the previous one. I don't really understand the reaction to the naked body, but I can see the iconic reaction it could trigger.
    I concede all your points. I was coming less from a position that the Hitler avatar was offensive and more from a position that the video game girl avatar was positively innocuous.

  7. #37
    Senior Member Sahara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    I just pinched your boobies, I hope you don't mind.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

  8. #38
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    That was my first reaction to, but it actually kind of makes sense.

    In the case of Hitler Germany, he and his party created an incredible amount of advances - it transformed a destabilized poor country into a world superpower in a very short amount of time. The fact that it is overshadowed by the efficient immorality doesn't really change that.

    The counterpart would be that, if you assume the creation and objectification of people is inherently bad, you would have none of the "advances" and all of the bad.

    Since neither avatar does anything to me emotionally, I'm not about to judge the respective views, although I find the current one more... uhh... in bad taste than the previous one. I don't really understand the reaction to the naked body, but I can see the iconic reaction it could trigger.
    An Apologia of a Canadian.
    Beautiful.

    What is the law in British Columbia I do not know.
    In Europe you do not exhibit Nazi emblems ouside of a historical context.
    Unless you want to end in a law suit of course.

    Germany was poor you say.
    A misconception.

    What was the true cause of WWI?
    The effect comes ahead of the cause, eh?

    The cause of WWI did not differ from the cause of WWII.
    An armistice is not a peace.

    Sarajevo did not have to do with anything.
    Nor the events that lead to Sarajevo.

    What is history?
    An apology of the victors.

  9. #39
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    In the case of Hitler Germany, he and his party created an incredible amount of advances - it transformed a destabilized poor country into a world superpower in a very short amount of time. The fact that it is overshadowed by the efficient immorality doesn't really change that.
    No, but creating a technologically advanced, fully industrialized, clinically efficient society with a criminal ideology as its reason for existing is not a step forward.

  10. #40
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Okay, people, how can a government be criminal? They're the ones who determine the crimes!

    Saying another government is "criminal" is sort of ethnocentric, don't you think?

    Wildcat, it was only relatively recently that Asperger syndrome and autism have become labeled as disabilities. I'm sure before then, they were just personality differences. Hans Asperger only observed the tendency of children to be "little professors," but didn't see it as a disability.

Similar Threads

  1. Who else thought I was a girl?
    By nolla in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 162
    Last Post: 01-13-2010, 08:14 PM
  2. new e/iNFP who is afraid of rejection...
    By ericajoy in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-20-2009, 10:14 PM
  3. [NF] Who loses site of their goals from time to time?
    By Midget in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-18-2008, 12:41 AM
  4. Who else likes these bands?
    By mlittrell in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-16-2008, 06:02 AM
  5. "Flavor of Love", "I Love New York" And Meyer Briggs?
    By Mondo in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-24-2008, 09:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO