User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by oberon67 View Post
    That's true. My point wasn't that he was forced to change his avatar, but that the whole reason for the thread's existence was pretty much illegitimate.
    Dude, you need to pick up some of Jennifer's Fe.

Calling the reason for a thread's existence "illegitimate", especially when it is in The Fluff Zone, seems highly unproductive to me. Who knows, we might have gotten an interesting thread going analyzing why athenian200 reacts so strongly to the image.
    Last edited by Economica; 08-14-2007 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Sentence order bugged me.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I did not know there was a crime more heinous than the murder of six million Jews.
    It wasn't a crime to kill Jews in the Fatherland between 1932 and 1945. It was a crime to be a Jew during that time!

The most heinous crime to me are parents who allow their screaming kids in public places or cell-phones ringing in the movie theater. It's a total disrespect to my inner peace!!!

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Calling the reason for a thread's existence "illegitimate", especially when it is in The Fluff Zone, seems highly unproductive to me.
    Well, that seems a reasonable point.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by oberon67 View Post
    Well, that seems a reasonable point.
    Me <3 NTP logical openmindedness.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I think athenian wants to get it on with C-3P0!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well, there's a lot to say here.

First of all, I can't understand why I was compared to Sona. He was just being unreasonable and mean. I was just grossed out, and I created this thread to whine, not to force him to change it. I simply blocked the image.

Second of all, I can't believe that some people are more offended by Hitler than by... that half-dressed person he placed up there. At least Hitler and his ilk had redeeming qualities, such as being ambitious, organized, having good motivational skills, and decent strategists. A human being put on display like that is degrading to everyone. I respect other people's right to dissent, but I'm shocked that so many other people don't share my views.

And Oberon, there's a reason I created this in the fluff zone. I know that he has a right to put up whatever avatar he wants, just like I have a right to voice my opinion on it.

And Uberfuhrer, thanks for changing it. You didn't have to, but you did. I appreciate that.

Yeah, actually It's because I identify with C3-P0 in several ways.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Why does everyone pick on Sona? Is it because he's an ISTJ?

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Well, there's a lot to say here.

Second of all, I can't believe that some people are more offended by Hitler than by... that half-dressed person he placed up there. At least Hitler and his ilk had redeeming qualities, such as being ambitious, organized, having good motivational skills, and decent strategists. A human being put on display like that is degrading to everyone. I respect other people's right to dissent, but I'm shocked that so many other people don't share my views.
    Is this for real? I just feel like I'm being put on. I guess I understand feeling like that, but to be shocked that others don't share your views?

If you really aren't putting us on, then there are several religions you might consider where displaying a little skin is a much bigger sin than slaughtering people.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Why does everyone pick on Sona? Is it because he's an ISTJ?
    He says a lot of things that are quite iffy in terms of accuracy, or in terms of knowledge of different parts of the world.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    Is this for real? I just feel like I'm being put on. I guess I understand feeling like that, but to be shocked that others don't share your views?

If you really aren't putting us on, then there are several religions you might consider where displaying a little skin is a much bigger sin than slaughtering people.
    That was my first reaction to, but it actually kind of makes sense.

In the case of Hitler Germany, he and his party created an incredible amount of advances - it transformed a destabilized poor country into a world superpower in a very short amount of time. The fact that it is overshadowed by the efficient immorality doesn't really change that.

The counterpart would be that, if you assume the creation and objectification of people is inherently bad, you would have none of the "advances" and all of the bad.

Since neither avatar does anything to me emotionally, I'm not about to judge the respective views, although I find the current one more... uhh... in bad taste than the previous one. I don't really understand the reaction to the naked body, but I can see the iconic reaction it could trigger.