User Tag List

MBTI
    yupp

Default the rule of 3 and running late

anyone notice when your waiting on a bus and you're already running late none come for the longest time then 3 come in a row i swear busses travels in threes in this town. I don't have a stellar revelation or epiphany about this, just wondered if anyone else has noticed this.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    infp

Yep. I have to get the bus to college in the morning, the time table says one every 6-7 minutes, and yet a few times now I have been there at the bus stop for twenty minutes and 2/3 have turned up at the same time.

Then there is the whole debate of whether to cram into bus one with all the other people who joined waiting for it, or quickly dive to the back and hail the next bus, who may or may not stop depending on his mood, all to get a seat.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

People only notice things like this when they deviate from the expected behavior.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    Yep. I have to get the bus to college in the morning, the time table says one every 6-7 minutes, and yet a few times now I have been there at the bus stop for twenty minutes and 2/3 have turned up at the same time.

Then there is the whole debate of whether to cram into bus one with all the other people who joined waiting for it, or quickly dive to the back and hail the next bus, who may or may not stop depending on his mood, all to get a seat.
    what I've found is people will often get on the 1st bus but no one will get on the one right behind it so if you wait a few seconds you'll get a seat but the first one your going to be crammed in their. Though I've also been on busses where their was no humanly possible way for more people to get so unless someone pulls a cord the driver wouldn't stop. and usually when i do this both busses are stopped at the bus stop. ahhhh the joys of not having a car.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    what I've found is people will often get on the 1st bus but no one will get on the one right behind it so if you wait a few seconds you'll get a seat but the first one your going to be crammed in their. Though I've also been on busses where their was no humanly possible way for more people to get so unless someone pulls a cord the driver wouldn't stop. and usually when i do this both busses are stopped at the bus stop. ahhhh the joys of not having a car.
    If you cram on the 1st bus, you shave off more time (assuming the bus will now be "full" and not make stops to pick up more people anymore, less stops = faster travel... of cause you need to balance that against where people on the bus get off... if they all get off at different stops, then the shuffle will not save you any time.)

If you're not in that much of a hurry... then yes, get on the 2nd one.

I've also seen buses play tag... 1 bus pick up at one stop, the 2nd at the next one... and they do stop hops all the way down the route.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

This law of the Universe goes back a long way. I used to get the bus to school in the UK in the 1970's (I'm an old sod) and experienced the 3 bus effect practically every day.

My preferred option was to get on the 2nd or 3rd bus, 'cos you could always get a seat and it might then soar off and overtake the other buses, getting to school first. The risk was that the bus just wouldn't stop for me in the first place, making me wait another 30 minutes for the next group of 3 and causing me to be late for class!
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush