User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: What is Hell?

MBTI
    INTJ

It's so refreshing to be understood.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Hell is having to be under an irrational and incompetant leader while everyone else complacently follows their lead.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

For me, Hell would be a desk in the middle of a freezing snowfield, where it is perpetually 5 minutes after I woke up, with a phone I have to answer calls from customers on that rings again the moment I hang it up. With muzak versions of Gin Blossoms songs playing on constant loop.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    For me, Hell would be a desk in the middle of a freezing snowfield, where it is perpetually 5 minutes after I woke up, with a phone I have to answer calls from customers on that rings again the moment I hang it up. With muzak versions of Gin Blossoms songs playing on constant loop.
    Now now, "Hey Jealousy" is a great song. Although the rest of the Gin Blossoms' catalog rather makes me think that this song is like the monkeys typing Hamlet.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Hell is a place where nobody loves me and every time I try to do something, I get punished.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Hell is a giant colossus nuclear incinerator aboard the galactic space station owned by Yahweh where he dumps corrupted spiritual bodies.

I really don't know though. Perhaps it could be a in a higher dimension yet at a lower level of existence. I wouldn't imagine that it tortures and burns sinners forever, but it could be a type of darkness and an insane asalym where low-lifes can reflect on their bad deeds and make ammends in order to make it back up to the higher states.

That's all just my stupid little theory though, but who knows, the will of God is a tough thing to predict.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Well, this was a fluff thread, not a serious answer thread.

I'm not even sure why it's still alive, it's one of the oldest threads on the forum. Poor thang. Must be hell, being brought to life again like that!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

A day without my Starbucks. I'm not in Hell right now.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I got an iced triple grande caramel macchiato today.
    That last 2" of pure espresso makes my brain buzz.

Hell was realizing my cup was empty.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Hell is understanding something completely, and not being able to articulate it to anyone else. You can expect to put up with a lot of silly rules that are supposedly for your protection and for making things run smoothly but don't do anything to actually protect you or help anything run smoothly. These rules will usually be arbitrarily enforced with only a haphazard attempt to even bother to try and apply them consistently. You can't question the rules verbally because if you do someone will jump on you for not doing it the proper way. You might even have the misfortune of listening to a nonsensical lecture from someone who knows nothing about the subject, and then watch everyone accept it as the truth.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78
    Likes Jaguar, Opal, ESFJ liked this post