User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clearing snow off driveway?

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    Uh huh. Yeah. Either that, or you're just using a *very* inefficient shovel .
    I like snow and made a peace treaty with it after it kept throwing me on my butt while learning to ski.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I actually ENJOY shoveling snow- it's good exercize!
    sick, just sick

Quote Originally Posted by JRT View Post
    I shovel behind my car so I can get out of the driveway since my driveway is a slight hill..otherwise i'm not going anywhere!..thankfully I live in the woods so no sidewalks for me to shovel
    It's common woodsman's courtesy to shovel squirrel paths. Otherwise, they will get you.

Habitual Fi LineStepper Array JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I live in CT and it snows here and I don't get it either. But I do it because GF will flip out and mostly likely fall and break something, and I'll never hear the end of it.
    In a classic showing of iNtuitive anticipation, what does she do last night? Completely wipes out in my driveway. Who's fault? My fault. Apparently, every day when I get home from work, I am clearly supposed to grab my jackhammer and chip away all the ice that forms on the driveway from the water that melts and runs off my roof. It's not her fault she didn't follow the clear path. It's not her fault she's an uncoordinated mess, or she can't keep her balance.

It was my fault.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I actually ENJOY shoveling snow- it's good exercize!

Otherwise though, yeah, some cities require it and some people don't like to walk through the snow on the way to the car and such
    I do, too. When I was a kid, I would shovel the snow into a huge pile and make a snow fort.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Hah, I've always hated it but that's because I have a really long driveway... oh oh.

:sad:I would really like to have some snow to shovel. It's supposed to snow tomorrow, but we won't see any accumulation, as usual.:sad:
    "My Journey is my Destination."

"Today Counts Forever." R.C. Sproul