User Tag List

First 1927282930313979129 Last

Thread: Who's hungry?

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Here ya go. Since it's your birthday.

Meta, you forgot to add this emoticon -->

Hahaha, that's so sweet of you. On my birthday, can you e-send me a pack of frozen Stouffer's lasagna?

I mentioned this on another thread, but my friend was doing her post-college vacay through Europe and met 2 American backpackers (I'm assuming they were backpackers) who were in Italy and pining away for Stouffer's lasagna. It pissed me off my friend off so much as her reaction was, "We're in Italy! What's wrong with you???" But I think there is something to be said for comfort food. It's definitely psychological and eases separation anxiety and culture shock. Or rather you feel it more when you know can't have it because you're in a new place.

Though I do agree, you will keen for it comfort foods more when you aren't adjusting to or enjoying your new surroundings.

When I moved back overseas, I missed American supermarkets. Most transplants like myself did, especially my American teachers.

American supermarkets are magical caloric filled places, like Disneyfoodland! Until recently, there was really nothing like the typical ginormous American supermarket in most of the rest of the world.

BTW, I don't eat Stouffer's lasagna but now I'm wondering what all the hype is about and am tempted to try it.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Here's some General Tso's Chicken.

I hate that I like this stuff so much, because everybody likes it, and I hate to be the stereotypical American who gets the closest chinese-food thing he can get to McNuggets...

...but still, I like it, especially if the meat is really crisp and there's some spicy heat in the sauce.

[IMG]
    Kind of looks a little bit like the large intestines. I'll spare you the image.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    GONE

(Preface: Finally, pics are up! Not my own though )

Yesterday, for breakfast I very much wanted to have this:

"A three egg omelette with seasoned crab, parmesan and jack cheeses, tomato and scallions, topped with crisp bacon, asiago cream sauce and avocado." With a side of red skin potater home fries.

Yummmm....

But instead, I had this:

A healthy, low-fat egg white omelette stuffed with tomatoes, mushrooms, and broccoli. With a side of sliced tomatoes instead of home fries. And don't forget the whole wheat toast!:

And the OJ:

It may sound like a trade off. And it was in a good way. But the healthy omelette I had was actually very tasty and I love grilled whole wheat toast (toaster toast, not so much). It's definitely a stand-by restaurant breakfast. I'll either have this or a low-grease 'California' style veggie omelette at another diner. I love how CA has breakfast down!

And I'll probably treat myself to the more indulgent omelette sometime soon.

I'm actually craving that gooey artery clogging crab and cheese, cheese, cheese omelette right now.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Some more OJ for CzeCze:

Oberon

Okay, now that was funny.

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Had three injections for my root-canal treatment tonight. All I could eat afterwards was tomatosoup...
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

There's this family diner near where my mother lives that had really good soup. It was basically tomato soup with noodles and other seasonings and it started with an "R." I can't remember what it was called though.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I could eat a truckload of these...they're such a pain in the ass to make, though.

Oberon

Wow... good cream of tomato soup. I haven't had that in maybe a year.

Now I want some, with a nice oily grilled cheese sandwich!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Be careful with that tomato soup, Oberon...

...it could be watching you!