Thread: Who's hungry?

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Why are you scared to eat there? It's not a taco truck.
    Their burger commercials make me sick. Look how gross this looks. Hardees Thickburger I'm no vegan, but I am super picky about the beef I eat, especially after seeing Sweeney Todd! For burgers I like Backyard Burgers.

Here's a funny Hardees commercial with the dude from LOST. HARDEE'S TRACK COMMERCIAL Sadly eating at Hardees doesn't seem to be working well with his fitness plan.

I wondered if the Idiocracy people wanted to use McDonalds for that but the company wouldn't allow it (I wondered the same about Costco- probably meant to be WalMart).
    Wouldn't surprise me.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    yupp

My brother was excited about moving from Chapel Hill to Memphis because when we came to visit the year before we supposedly went to a backyard burger and he tried their milkshakes. Deciding that they were the best milkshakes ever that he did infact want to move to Memphis. this was back in 89 I was probably 2 1/2 and he 5. I don't remember that trip. But that was one of the deciding factors in deciding he did want to move. I don't think he realized he didn't actually have a choice.

I really like their fries, i usually get the blacken chicken sandwhich their seasoned fries and a chocolate shake. I haven't been their in awhile and now I'm craving them and I don't think their is one up here. At least I went to chick-fil-a before I left.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Their burger commercials make me sick. Look how gross this looks. Hardees Thickburger I'm no vegan, but I am super picky about the beef I eat, especially after seeing Sweeney Todd! For burgers I like Backyard Burgers.
    I've never been to BYB but Hardees uses Angus beef. They are really good! I might go there once a month or less, though. I would eat them much more often if I weren't considering changing my name to Tremenda Sass.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I've eaten fast food maybe twice in the last year or so and this thread is making me hungry, dammit!

Back when I used to eat fast food more often, Hardees was one of the few places I'd go. Their burgers are good.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Is this a US dominated thread?
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Not by design or necessity! Jump right in.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Oberon

On the whole, I think Germans eat better quality food than do most people in the US. Which reminds me, I could go for a plate of sauerbraten:

Carl's Jr. does in fact = Hardees.

It's interesting that certain products have different brand names in different parts of the country.

Best Foods = Hellman's (mayonnaise)
    Edy's = Dreyer's (ice cream)
    Knudsen = Breakstone (dairy products)
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I make salmon filets once a week or so, and use ground turkey as an ingredient in things like stews and pasta sauces, but meat is almost never the centerpiece of our meals.
    I hate ground turkey. It's the nastiest excuse for meat I've ever consumed. My aunt was on a health food kick once and tried to substitute it for beef in something she made when she was at our place. She insisted that nobody would tell the difference if I didn't tell anyone, even though I objected to it (she sorta snuck it in and started cooking it before anyone realized what it was). Everyone found it positively revolting, we barely ate it, and a couple weeks later we threw out a good 50 bucks worth of otherwise-edible ingredients that were rendered unendurable by their combination with that turkey crap.

Then again, I hate turkey anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    FM: Really? I dislike Carls Jr. fries. Very bland, like In-N-Out done wrong. The fries at In-N-Out better are like thin, chewy homefries. Yummmmm.
    The best way to get the fries, for those that don't like them quite as soft, is to ask for them to be cooked longer. I always just request them well done, then they come out in a lovely crispy, sometimes crunchy, but definitely delicious state.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Really? I'm scared to eat there. I also didn't realize that Carls' Jr. was a real burger joint. It's mentioned the movie Idiocracy as is Starbucks, only Starbucks isn't selling coffee 500 years from now.
    Carl's Jr is possibly the best franchise burger chain in the US. They use the best suppliers for a national chain and have some of the tastiest options. It's the only major national chain that has fried zucchini on the menu... I probably go there about once for every 3-4 trips to In-N-Out, mainly because I like getting green chili strips added to my western bacon six-dollar-burger with some fried zucchini instead of fries.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    I hate ground turkey. It's the nastiest excuse for meat I've ever consumed. My aunt was on a health food kick once and tried to substitute it for beef in something she made when she was at our place. She insisted that nobody would tell the difference if I didn't tell anyone, even though I objected to it (she sorta snuck it in and started cooking it before anyone realized what it was). Everyone found it positively revolting, we barely ate it, and a couple weeks later we threw out a good 50 bucks worth of otherwise-edible ingredients that were rendered unendurable by their combination with that turkey crap.
    Preach it, brother.

Dat stuff nasty.