User Tag List

First 1624252627283676126 Last

Thread: Who's hungry?

Oberon

Sometimes I am very much in the mood for diner food. Thick starchy food served on thick chunky china by a thick chunky waitress, and all of it hot and salty and slathered in gravy.

Except the waitress, I mean.

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Does parsley, by any chance, serve a more practical purpose when served with meals at restaurants? (I mean most people don't eat it.)
    Well, it takes away bad breath, eg after eating a lot of garlic.
    It's not about taste, it's practical
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Yeaaah!

I don't feel guilty at all eating one of their burgers.

Most fast food burgers leave my stomach and tongue feeling coated with some not so freshness.

But not In-N-Out!

Even if you have to wait interminably long for a burger.

It's the only burger chain the states that doesn't taste like fast food.

And I love how all the kids who work there are so clean cut and wholesome and chipper like they were transported out of the 1950s. I think they must have a rule there about how short guy's hair has to be.
    The article on In-N-Out at Wikipedia explains much of the awesomeness of the company and the food, you should check it out. One of the few companies that even the people railing against fast food chains can't seem to find fault with. I mean, if you're going to eat a burger, there's basically nowhere better you could go, either for the price or the quality, and it's better for you that any of the competition. The company is as wholesome and honest as they come, they even pay their employees better than any other fast food place.

To give you an idea of the lengths they go for freshness: For anyone that's never been there, they make a tray of fries by literally taking a whole peeled potato, slicing it in a manual slicer, and tossing it in the basket before dropping it in the oil. Even with everything they do to make it as fresh as possible, an entire burger/fries/drink meal is just a bit over 5 bucks.

I probably have a craving for one of their burgers every two or three weeks, and I don't feel bad about eating them either.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

In your line of work, is free food like an irresistible flashing siren? If I were a starving intern or PA, I'd definitely run to the free food! With Tupperware! Hahaha.

Most fast food burgers leave my stomach and tongue feeling coated with some not so freshness.

But not In-N-Out!

Even if you have to wait interminably long for a burger.

It's the only burger chain the states that doesn't taste like fast food.
    Yes, it's amazing what a well-stocked kitchen and a free dinner can do for your morale when you're at work til midnight!

I like In-N-Out's burgers, but their french fries are so awful that I rarely if ever go there. If I'm craving fast food, I usually wind up at Carl's Jr.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    The article on In-N-Out at Wikipedia explains much of the awesomeness of the company and the food, you should check it out. One of the few companies that even the people railing against fast food chains can't seem to find fault with. I mean, if you're going to eat a burger, there's basically nowhere better you could go, either for the price or the quality, and it's better for you that any of the competition. The company is as wholesome and honest as they come, they even pay their employees better than any other fast food place.

To give you an idea of the lengths they go for freshness: For anyone that's never been there, they make a tray of fries by literally taking a whole peeled potato, slicing it in a manual slicer, and tossing it in the basket before dropping it in the oil. Even with everything they do to make it as fresh as possible, an entire burger/fries/drink meal is just a bit over 5 bucks.

I probably have a craving for one of their burgers every two or three weeks, and I don't feel bad about eating them either.
    I gotta admit, this does look pretty appealing.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

And Ivy, are you vegan? Vegan shepherd's pie, that's somethin.
    No, not at all, but I do limit the animal products that my family consumes. (At least at home.) I make salmon filets once a week or so, and use ground turkey as an ingredient in things like stews and pasta sauces, but meat is almost never the centerpiece of our meals.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Sometimes I am very much in the mood for diner food. Thick starchy food served on thick chunky china by a thick chunky waitress, and all of it hot and salty and slathered in gravy.

Except the waitress, I mean.

Hahahha.

Wolf: Yes, In-N-Out is a 'local' institution that I enjoy supporting. I don't feel guilty on any level!

FM: Really? I dislike Carls Jr. fries. Very bland, like In-N-Out done wrong. The fries at In-N-Out better are like thin, chewy homefries. Yummmmm.

Ivy: Very nice. I try to do more fish and seafood or poultry as opposed to meat in theory, but honestly I have a penchant for ham. I saw on TV that 'ham cafes' are very popular in Barcelona and I could totally hang with that. Prosciutto!

Uber: I used to dislike 'fancy' dining establishments because they are stuffy and I often am catching a quick meal alone or else a more social meal with friends where such an atmosphere is a turn off. Then as I get older I realize I want to experience, understand, and feel comfortable in all spectrum and sorts of dining environments including the posh ones. "Posh dining" can run the spectrum as far as atmosphere and ambiance (meaning it can actually be pretty casual) and gives you access to a lot of food that you can't get in cheaper establishments and is hard to make yourself (unless you are a gourmet chef).

Alright, I'll make up for thread derailment by posting pics of what I ate. I might paste something from the restaurant I go to though.

I'm trying to find out more about food-combining but WOW. Talk about restrictive and confusing. What CAN I eat together???

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    Yes, it's amazing what a well-stocked kitchen and a free dinner can do for your morale when you're at work til midnight!

I like In-N-Out's burgers, but their french fries are so awful that I rarely if ever go there. If I'm craving fast food, I usually wind up at Carl's Jr.
    I think our Hardees restaurants are the same as your Carl's Jr. except with less variety. Hardees just started carrying "natural cut" fries that are SO GOOD. And, wannabe-vegan though I may be, I FREAKING LOVE THEIR BURGERS.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I think our Hardees restaurants are the same as your Carl's Jr. except with less variety. Hardees just started carrying "natural cut" fries that are SO GOOD. And, wannabe-vegan though I may be, I FREAKING LOVE THEIR BURGERS.
    Really? I'm scared to eat there. I also didn't realize that Carls' Jr. was a real burger joint. It's mentioned the movie Idiocracy as is Starbucks, only Starbucks isn't selling coffee 500 years from now.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Really? I'm scared to eat there. I also didn't realize that Carls' Jr. was a real burger joint. It's mentioned the movie Idiocracy along with Starbucks, only Starbucks isn't selling coffee 500 years from now.
    Why are you scared to eat there? It's not a taco truck.

I wondered if the Idiocracy people wanted to use McDonalds for that but the company wouldn't allow it (I wondered the same about Costco- probably meant to be WalMart).