User Tag List

First 1523242526273575125 Last

Thread: Who's hungry?

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Yeah, makes sense. From what I've read of your mom, I wouldn't want that either. But a lady who would pack you such a lunch without sucking the life out of you might be nice. I wouldn't discount the possibility of such a turn of events.
    I completely dismiss the concept because it's impossible. To imagine otherwise is to be illogical and disregard the cold facts of reality.

It seemed like a decent amount of food to me. I don't think Noah will finish it. He didn't eat breakfast, either- he says it makes him hungrier when he does.
    I could be underestimating the size, but I was going primarily off the mutant plantain and kiwi bits. Also, I'm not a fan of the boiled soybeans, so I wouldn't eat many of them, and I don't eat those mutant plantains. It does remind me that I should buy some nuts, though.

I'm accustomed to not eating before work, snacking on yogurt/fruit/granola/orange juice until lunch, eating a sizable lunch, then snacking a bit more (usually fruit), and eating something small for dinner.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    This is very true. The best tacos I've ever eaten in my life have consistently come from a truck. Occasionally when we're at work very late, some big shot will hire the taco truck to come around, and you'd think they were giving away gold coins the way people rush over.
    In your line of work, is free food like an irresistible flashing siren? If I were a starving intern or PA, I'd definitely run to the free food! With Tupperware! Hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    I'd say my favorite chain would have to be In-N-Out.
    Yeaaah!

I don't feel guilty at all eating one of their burgers.

Most fast food burgers leave my stomach and tongue feeling coated with some not so freshness.

But not In-N-Out!

Even if you have to wait interminably long for a burger.

It's the only burger chain the states that doesn't taste like fast food.

And I love how all the kids who work there are so clean cut and wholesome and chipper like they were transported out of the 1950s. I think they must have a rule there about how short guy's hair has to be.

And Ivy, are you vegan? Vegan shepherd's pie, that's somethin.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

This is exactly what I had for lunch.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    This is exactly what I had for lunch.

You know... I hear Stouffer's lasagna, stereotypical as it may be, is pretty good comfort food.

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    You know... I hear Stouffer's lasagna, stereotypical as it may be, is pretty good comfort food.
    Anything specific about Stouffer's? Isn't all lasagna good comfort food? Except homemade lasagna perhaps. Too much work just to mindlessly eat it away
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Okay, actually it was Banquet lasagna with meat and sauce, but I couldn't find a decent-sized picture of it. However, excluding brand name, it was exactly lasagna with meat and sauce.

Oberon

Yeah, just any frozen lasagna of decent quality can be a very satisfying nosh. Not particularly sophisticated, but deeply gratifying to the belly.

As can country-fried steak.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I honestly don't care about the aesthetics of food (parsley is dumb, for example). I'm not picky about food, as long as it's affordable and it tastes good. I really don't understand people who are particular about "fine dining."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I honestly don't care about the aesthetics of food (parsley is dumb, for example). I'm not picky about food, as long as it's affordable and it tastes good. I really don't understand people who are particular about "fine dining."
    I agree with you. Food is food except some food is better than other (for example chocolate).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Does parsley, by any chance, serve a more practical purpose when served with meals at restaurants? (I mean most people don't eat it.)