User Tag List

First 1422232425263474124 Last

Thread: Who's hungry?

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Did you really chuckle? If so, I am very proud of you!
    Yes.

That's not sad, to each their own. They aren't on every street corner around here and I have to work a little harder to get to one so that probably makes a difference. Yes definitely better than Moe's. Mark hates both and prefers Chinese food, but he is very picky. He is the only person that I've ever known to smell their food before eating it. I also noticed you not mentioning Taco Bell. I really do think they serve puppy chow there. It really is .
    They're endurable... Again, I prefer little local taco shops (being so close to Mexico, and all). I prefer Chinese when available, too, but all the Chinese food I've had down here wasn't very good. Where my parents live they have the good fortune of a really good little one run by a family of Chinese immigrants. It seems they have the same problem in much of this city as they did in the middle of the country - the people wouldn't eat real food, so they worked out food that the locals would willingly consume. I'm pretty sure it's due to the majorities here (not the white people, though they probably have some negative effect).

Hmm, I think I smell my food before eating it, too. Weird, I never realized. I eat in such an unusual manner that some people have noticed it before because it's very consistent and methodical.

Is there a Armadillo Grill in your area? They aren't too bad. I haven't found a local Mexican restaurant that I was thrilled yet. In fact we haven't found a favorite restaurant since moving to Raleigh 7 years ago. Oh well
    I haven't found a particular favorite here, either. I like my little pizza shop near the office, one of the taco shops for carne asada tacos, a sit-down mexican place for their Tuesday lunch special (enchiladas), and a place downtown for their chile rellenos. I'd say my favorite chain would have to be In-N-Out.

They must be nicer in California. Any sandwich, hot dog or Cuban food cart/truck that I came into contact with in Miami seemed very dirty to me so I've always avoided them. Backyard BBQ is disgusting. "Um...I'll have some e coli, fries and diet coke please, that'll be all thanks!"
    We have far stricter laws and regular health department inspections unlike the rest of the country (to my knowledge). Everywhere has a rating letter on their window and those that can't pull an A usually go out of business. I have yet to eat at a taco stand here because they're never out on the sidewalk in the area where I work. In AZ and UT they seem safe enough.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

Oberon

Ooooh, burritos! Greasy, drippy, meaty, spicy burritos.

Good idea.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Ooooh, burritos! Greasy, drippy, meaty, spicy burritos.

Good idea.

[IMG]
    You bad man you!
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

BENTO FEVER!
    Here's Noah's lunch for today.

Wrapped bento lunch in cloth napkin:

Napkin opens to reveal stack:

Vegan shepherd's pie (tastes better than it looks):

Snackage (edamame, decoratively cut kiwi and banana, cranberry-cashew mix):

I suppose it is possible that I am ISFJ after all.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

You bad man you!
    You confuse me. You insult my sandwich made with nothing but good stuff, then drool over a really disturbing-looking soggy fat-filled burrito.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I suppose it is possible that I am ISFJ after all.
    No question in my mind at this point. That's scary, ma'am.

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Fess up, Wolf. You'd love it if a lady packed you such a lunch.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    ...a really disturbing-looking soggy fat-filled burrito.
    That's actually not a bad description of me.

...but the one thing I actually enjoy more than burritos is tamales:

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

You confuse me. You insult my sandwich made with nothing but good stuff, then drool over a really disturbing-looking soggy fat-filled burrito.

lol awww, Who said I like healthy food?

If you leave out the green chile's and green onions I think your sammy would be most yummy.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Fess up, Wolf. You'd love it if a lady packed you such a lunch.
    I might, but the only lady that would pack such a lunch for me is my mum, and I hope I will never be in a position where she would do so in the future.

There's also the problem of being hungry all day if I didn't eat breakfast first.

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    That's actually not a bad description of me.
    No wonder you're winning in the wittiest category.

...but the one thing I actually enjoy more than burritos is tamales
    I like them, too, though they're not all that popular in Baja/California, so I rarely eat them.

lol awww, Who said I like healthy food?

If you leave out the green chile's and green onions I think your sammy would be most yummy.
    I could certainly make one without those for you...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I might, but the only lady that would pack such a lunch for me is my mum, and I hope I will never be in a position where she would do so in the future.
    Yeah, makes sense. From what I've read of your mom, I wouldn't want that either. But a lady who would pack you such a lunch without sucking the life out of you might be nice. I wouldn't discount the possibility of such a turn of events.

There's also the problem of being hungry all day if I didn't eat breakfast first.
    It seemed like a decent amount of food to me. I don't think Noah will finish it. He didn't eat breakfast, either- he says it makes him hungrier when he does.