First 1018192021223070120 Last

Thread: Who's hungry?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

The swiss cheese Appenzeller tastes so good (but smells awful).
    Here you are:

Enjoy!

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

These were from birthday celebrations in 2007. =)

The cakes:

Attachment 1117

Attachment 1118

Attachment 1119
    Last edited by white; 02-19-2009 at 09:36 PM.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

The meal (part of it. I can only attach 5 pictures. . )

Grilled asparagus (smoky, seasalt, a bit of bacon):
    Attachment 1120

Duck tortilla with salsa wrap:
    Attachment 1121

Salmon carpaccio (lightly seared, topped with a mix of chopped raisin, julienned, deep-fried onions, fresh chopped tomatoes, a touch of olive oil, sea salt, black pepper)
    Attachment 1123

Yorkshire pork with mash (the mash was to die for, having soaked up some of the pork flavour) :
    Attachment 1124

Roast beef (nicely seared outside and pink inside, with a red wine reduction sauce, bedded on green kailan with a smattering of fried garlic chips):
    Attachment 1122
    Last edited by white; 02-19-2009 at 09:36 PM.

MBTI
    istp

breakfast! toast, water, pineapple, orange juice, multivitamin and ginko biloba. mmm, tasty!

edit: power tools are a part of this complete breakfast!
    Last edited by Grayscale; 01-01-2008 at 05:09 PM.

MBTI
    GONE

Wow Aelan, you ate like a baller on your b-day!

Grayscale, are you a guy?

For some reason, your breakfast pic seems so...manly. Perhaps spartan is a better word.

Also, not to ruin anyone's appetites but here you go:

The most terrifying foods

I don't believe in bashing cultural differences through food but it was interesting seeing the criteria for the top 6.

MBTI
    istp

^ Yes... but I think most people would call it boring

MBTI
    GONE

I will avenge this boring ness and take a photo of my next unboring meal.

I'm hungry again and it's way in the 'middle of the night'

I am pretty hungry but overwhelmed by the fact that yesterday I went to the supermarket especially to buy all the materials for making a nice dish of potatoes with mushrooms, I even remembered the onions (which what usually sends me two and three more times to the market - I just can never remember to buy onions) and I just realised I have forgotten to buy mushrooms.
    Of course I could cook the dish without mushrooms, but then it'll be only potatoes with tomatoes, peppers and onions. Alternatively I could go to the big market at the centre of the town, but today is Sunday and I've no clue whether these people work on Sunday or not.
    And if there is one thing you cannot substitute with anything else, this is mushrooms. I am not aware of anything with a taste even remotely close.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by lastrailway View Post
    I am pretty hungry but overwhelmed by the fact that yesterday I went to the supermarket especially to buy all the materials for making a nice dish of potatoes with mushrooms, I even remembered the onions (which what usually sends me two and three more times to the market - I just can never remember to buy onions) and I just realised I have forgotten to buy mushrooms.
    Of course I could cook the dish without mushrooms, but then it'll be only potatoes with tomatoes, peppers and onions. Alternatively I could go to the big market at the centre of the town, but today is Sunday and I've no clue whether these people work on Sunday or not.
    And if there is one thing you cannot substitute with anything else, this is mushrooms. I am not aware of anything with a taste even remotely close.

You know this has got me curious, what region of the world do you reside? I was trying to figure out if you are making a regional dish or are simply vegetarian or both. It sounds tasty by the way. And sounds like something I would make, more because of my lack of cooking skills and knowledge of recipes though. I cook a lot of simple meals with lots of veggies and herbs...I make myself hungry now.

I wish I lived in a city with several small specialized and fresh markets. There's always one or two farmers markets but I want lots of small shops. That's how you shop in the country of my birth, lots of haggling and open air markets and stuff is straight of the truck and sometimes direct from the farmers themselves. I've heard from friends parts of Spain and Berlin are likes this too and I know hypothetically France is. It elevates cooking to a ritual starting from gathering and I just think it would be more fun and economical for a single person. Also, it's nice to feel connected to shop keepers and connected to your community.

I made a pasta salad yesterday just to use up a lot of food I had lying around and it was actually really good. I just threw a bunch of stuff in a bowl and let it sit for a while:

Penne pasta
    Heirloom cherry tomatoes
    Pesto
    Marinated roasted peppers
    Mozzarella cheese in chunks about the size of grapes
    salt
    pepper
    olive oil