User Tag List

First 25292100101102103104112 Last

Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1403

Thread: Who's hungry?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

^ how were they? that reminds me, i have some kale to cook up.
    i frequently crave greens. didn't have them growing up, so i don't know how that started..
    "Develop interest in life as you see it...the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself." -- H. Miller
    -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    Johari the good..
    Nohari.. the bad, and the ugly

I'm a FiNe SiTe to see!

sammy

I get cravings for greens all the time.

Right now I'm eating wheat pasta with marinara (spiced up). I would very much like some of whatever's chicken satay, however.

MBTI
    yupp

corn dogs, please with a side of mayo
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by demimondaine View Post
    ^ how were they? that reminds me, i have some kale to cook up.
    i frequently crave greens. didn't have them growing up, so i don't know how that started..
    The greens were quite good. I used about two thirds radish greens and one third chard, with a total raw volume of a little more than one plastic grocery bag. It filled our stock pot (ten litres) to overflowing. I rinsed each leaf thoroughly, discarded any old/yellow/bug-eaten leaves, and chopped the remainder into segments perhaps an inch (2.5 cm) long. I put the greens in the pot with about two cups (0.5 liter) of water and started it boiling. To this I added a generous amount (two tablespoons total, more or less to taste; 30cc) of Santa Maria seasoning, which is a blend of salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and parsley flakes. If you don't have the seasoning, just add the component ingredients. I tossed in a cube (one tablespoon; 15 cc) of butter and two cloves of fresh garlic, crushed in the garlic press. You could easily omit the garlic powder and use three cloves of fresh garlic; in fact, I recommend it. You will find that the greens "cook down" to a much smaller volume than they occupied raw, and will make the lovely greenish broth known colloquially as "pot liquor."

Oh, and just for color and accent I chopped up six radishes and put them in the pot too. The result was quite delicious if you like greens, which I very much do.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    The greens were quite good. I used about two thirds radish greens and one third chard, with a total raw volume of a little more than one plastic grocery bag. It filled our stock pot (ten litres) to overflowing. I rinsed each leaf thoroughly, discarded any old/yellow/bug-eaten leaves, and chopped the remainder into segments perhaps an inch (2.5 cm) long. I put the greens in the pot with about two cups (0.5 liter) of water and started it boiling. To this I added a generous amount (two tablespoons total, more or less to taste; 30cc) of Santa Maria seasoning, which is a blend of salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and parsley flakes. If you don't have the seasoning, just add the component ingredients. I tossed in a cube (one tablespoon; 15 cc) of butter and two cloves of fresh garlic, crushed in the garlic press. You could easily omit the garlic powder and use three cloves of fresh garlic; in fact, I recommend it. You will find that the greens "cook down" to a much smaller volume than they occupied raw, and will make the lovely greenish broth known colloquially as "pot liquor."

Oh, and just for color and accent I chopped up six radishes and put them in the pot too. The result was quite delicious if you like greens, which I very much do.
    I need to make this, I love greens and this sounds awesome. I think I know what I want for dinner this, quesodilla, and a corn dog
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

^ mmm sounds good! that looks to be about the way i treat my collards. are they peppery in taste? what do you generally do with pot liquor? i've dipped bread in it, or used it to cook other vegetables. might try a risotto-type dish. i'm vegetarian, so i don't use pork or anything as flavoring..
    "Develop interest in life as you see it...the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself." -- H. Miller
    -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    Johari the good..
    Nohari.. the bad, and the ugly

I'm a FiNe SiTe to see!

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by demimondaine View Post
    ^ mmm sounds good! that looks to be about the way i treat my collards. are they peppery in taste? what do you generally do with pot liquor? i've dipped bread in it, or used it to cook other vegetables. might try a risotto-type dish. i'm vegetarian, so i don't use pork or anything as flavoring..
    They're very similar to mustard greens or turnip greens, and can be used interchangeably for them. They do have a peppery taste.

Oberon

Sometimes I want a steak.

Oberon

Been craving protein lately... I think it's the gym that's doing it. Today it's fajitas:

MBTI
    yupp

In no likes experiment.

that is all