User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    infp

Default Pretty girls have cheat hormone

Pretty girls have cheat hormone

WOMEN with high levels of a powerful sex hormone are more likely to have affairs, a study says.

Those with most oestradiol, dubbed the 'Marilyn Monroe hormone', a form of oestrogen, are more physically attractive but less satisfied with their partners — and less committed to them.

The ovarian steroid hormone is also associated with having a symmetrical face, large breasts and a low waist-to-hip ratio.

Australian sexologist Dr Frances Quirk said in response to the research: "Marilyn Monroe is actually a really good example of a woman who was almost certainly high in oestradiol.

"She was a classic hour-glass figure and because of her relationship pattern - she was a serial monogamist.

Difficult

"Her relationships last three or four years or slightly longer, and if you look at the men she had relationships with, they increased in status."

Dr Kristina Durante, of the University of Texas, said: “Attractive women have high standards that are difficult to satisfy.”

So they “trade up” to a higher-quality mate when the opportunity arises.

The University of Texas study took in 52 young women, aged 17 to 30, and checked their oestradiol levels using a saliva swab.

They were asked to rate themselves on perceived desirability, quizzed on their sexual motivations and also their inclinations relating to their current relationship.

Dr Quirk, Associate Professor at James Cook University, said because of these traits, high-oestradiol women "may also be the sort of women that other women don't like too much".

Fluffy tabloid source
    With such an indepth study, it has got to be true.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

My favorite part of this article is that the doctor is named "Dr. Quirk."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

it probably goes both ways... meaning both guys and girls...i'd think if someone is presented with the opportunity more then someone else it's probably more likely to happen...but certainly just as many less than attractive people cheat as attractive people that don't.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    If they supposedly are, and it's not common knowledge, then is it really true?
    Ahhh... the world has always been flat argument.

Anyway, there is no particular reason why this couldn't be true... but might be better explained in other ways (cheating or trading up? opportunity? etc.).

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

This is just an ugly woman trick to get the hot ones to feel bad about themselves, and slander them so men may have more pause in dating them.

Luckily I see through their schemes.

MBTI
    intp

Teh scientific rigor!
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Really? Only pretty girls? Cause I know some guys with that same exact hormone.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    it probably goes both ways... meaning both guys and girls...i'd think if someone is presented with the opportunity more then someone else it's probably more likely to happen...but certainly just as many less than attractive people cheat as attractive people that don't.
    My sister found that out the hard way lol she told me she married her husband because he was less than attractive as she was sure it meant he wouldn't cheat on her so she felt safer, yet he had 2 affairs behind her back.

Looks don't come into it I think, just the disloyalty of the person which is on the inside, not the outside.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Maybe cheating causes the rise in oestradial, the guilt hormone.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Also, the hormone allegedly makes a woman both more attractive and more inclined to cheat/go status hunting. Hasn't been found, however, that simple for social and psychological reasons, that a woman that is considered attractive and considers herself attractive, is more likely to do these things, regardless of hormonal drive?

Quite simply, ego creates standards. Power possessed is power used. Put the two together. A woman, if attractive, has both more means and more cause to behave that way. the hormonal drive explanation isn't even needed.

EDIT: Keep it mind that scientists are often not as much to blame as the reporters are. I have often found that entirely preliminary, unconclusive studies have been nabbed up by reporters and slapped with sensational headlines. Many of the scientists hate it as much as you do.
    Go to sleep, iguana.