User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default are you a brand slut?

I mean like when buying something do you always buy brand name, because you think it works better then generic, or do you prefer to save money and buy generic.

I was going to add a poll but then it fucked up :steam: and so I was Like I'll just delete and repost. Just imagine a poll here.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Only if after comparison I've determined there is a difference and it is worth the price differential.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

No, I am not a brand slut. I stay away from things that are too cheap, though.
    I often apply the rule "you get what you pay for" to everything.
    Anyway, i'm more oriented upon what fits me. Most t-shirts are designed for people with very narrow necks, and since mine is like a young tree, I feel like i'm being choked in them. Same goes for shirts, but thankfully it is not that much more expensive to have those tailor-made, just around 10 .

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

At first upon reading the title I was like, "What they come in different brands now?! Damn I need to keep up with the times! Wonder if there are different 'flavors?'"

But in regards to the OP, im with Jesus on the "You get what you pay for." mentality. Ive worked in enough retail to know that it can and does apply to alot of things. The only thing I buy just cause of the brand name is usually cigarettes, camels or just (normally) the way to go. (note I dont smoke very often, one pack can last me up to a month and a half)
    SDMF

MBTI
    intp

Brand-whorishness annoys me. That said, there are some brands I'll spend more on without hesitation if nobody does it better. (Clothing designers whose cuts just fit like nobody else's does, for example.)
    The type of person who slavishly seeks to enrich brand-designers for no other reason than brand name is an idiot.

MBTI
    INTP

If anything I'm defiantly against the biggest name brands. I'll purposely research or look into other top quality alternative ones. I'm not one to pay exorbitant prices just so I can have the satisfaction of saying I got a Sony or the newest fad. That's not to say if after I have done my homework and I conclude that it really is worth the value I'll just defiantly stick to avoiding them. I like quality but I hate when it gets to the point where the brand itself is sort of where it's ingrained, I need to detach in each instance to view the products themselves.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Only about food.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I think that it plays such a small deal in people's lives, that it shouldn't even matter. I, personally, don't even care..honestly, and I think it's a joke when people get caught up by it. It's a perfect metaphor of humanity (Americans in particular)..we don't like to try new things, and rely on the same old, because we know it is manufactored by a big rich business somewhere..and we like it.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ISTx

I'm in the middle. Not overly concerned with it, but I do own a $100 pair of sunglasses when I obviously could get by fine with a $5 pair, etc. My wardrobe is very weak though. I wear like 4 different articles of clothing in rotation and that's it.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

With a lot of things yes but with some things drastically no.
    "To find beauty in loss, hope in darkness."