User Tag List

First 123

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Haha. Spitting is really that revolting? Given some of the other things you've done, that's kind of surprising.

But for me, I periodically get grossed out by really normal processes. If my mouth is full of food, and I start really thinking about the process of eating, I get queezy and lose my appetite.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    My voice just flat out doesn't carry- I can speak in a normal tone and people more than 6 feet away can't understand a thing I say...
    I can relate to this. Folks routinely don't realize I'm talking. Sometimes I use hand-waving, but that doesn't help when I'm walking behind someone and they don't hear me calling after them.
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I have a weird, uncharacteristic super hygenic streak that very few people know about (I also find kissing somewhat revolting unless I'm REALLY attracted to the other person )

and I can't think about the texture of chewed food while eating or I find it hard to swallow because I HATE that texture (I'm also obsessed with textures of food)

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae
    I can relate to this. Folks routinely don't realize I'm talking. Sometimes I use hand-waving, but that doesn't help when I'm walking behind someone and they don't hear me calling after them.
    yeah- I have to chase people down when trying to call to them, because they NEVER seem to hear me
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I realized in high school also that I can't bring myself to spit- I've always found it somewhat revolting and couldn't even make myself do so for a biology experiment that we were doing- I kept staring at the damned cup unable to spit in it. I failed the project
    I used to have some weird ass ocd issue with this when I was a little younger. Just the sensation of something foreign entering my mind repulsed me and I had to spit endlessly till it ceased. I fabricated this a lot of the time. I even think the perceived sensation of things crawling on me caused this. I think I was secretly being suffocated by crack fumes in my sleep or something... it was rather unusual.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    INTP

My voice doesn't carry, either, and I hate yelling to get people's attention.

Something else that's weird is that I cannot jump hurdles. Like, I can't even try to jump one. We had to do that in PE class, and I'd come running up to it and then stop. I had a vision of hooking my back foot over the hurdle and bringing it down with me, as I fell face-first onto the dirt. And I'm short, anyway, so I just couldn't see how I could possibly clear it.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTP

I came to the conclusion long ago, with the help of friends, that I engage in a surprisingly awkward combination of life and athletics. Namely motions. I frequently get in some agility practice or preparatory fine motor skills during daily activities. Even in the middle of conversations. I mostly stick to my feet and practice little step overs and jukes, I try to play it off as stretching... works moderately well. When I'm maneuvering around large crowds however I jump at the chance to utilize what I've been practicing. I like to combine sports as well. I've been known to break out in some weird form of step dancing when I lose my racket in badminton. It's pretty handy...
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Dali

I used to have what my pals described as a killer sarcastic streak. I never much liked it as it got me into problems a few times and sometimes I wished I could just talk like a 'normal person'.
    I went through a bit of a gloomy period for some months this year and, when it ended, I realised I had lost my sarcastic wit COMPLETELY.
    I don't know how to be effortlessly sarcastic anymore. Friends, the same ones that would quote my lines back to me, actually tell me i'm more restrained.
    Which i've just realised means 'boring'.
    So there's my weird realisation; I'm officially boring.