User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Respect for the dead = necrophilia?

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    Not healthy emotionally or physically? There are a whole lot of bacteria that grow on carcasses, not to mention insect infestations....
    On the up side, you'd probably get a good workout digging up the grave.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

shoshaku jushaku Array rivercrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    On the up side, you'd probably get a good workout digging up the grave.
    Maybe we need to redefine "healthy activity" to allow the benefits of associated actions.

Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Well, I always thought that all emotions were, to various extents, driven by sexual feelings from either the conscious or subconscious. And I always thought intimacy is simply the more visible and conscious thought of sexuality. Intimacy equates to powerful feelings, while sympathy is a more PC expression, but is still driven by the same train of thought -- it's an emotion, maybe not powerful, but regardless, an emotion, and so, it's a much, much milder sexual feeling whose sexuality is neither obvious nor felt consciously.
    I guess if you're going to be over-the-top Freudian . . .

I disagree with you, though. I think it's possible that because certain feelings are outside your own experience at this time, you are trying to justify them in terms that make sense to you and it isn't getting you good results.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers