User Tag List

First 789

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

Okay, I'll throw mine in too - after the two ladies.

I was standing at the bus stop outside a prominent museum, just waiting for a bus home. This guy stops the car he's driving, literally comes to a halt right in front of me and says, "will you marry me?". Then smiled and said he just thought I looked so beautiful that he had to stop and tell me. I laughed and said I was very flattered. I was and it still makes me smile. My only roadside marriage proposal!

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    lady that reminded me of something that happened in school when i was i think in like 4th grade or something. i'm not sure why it stuck with me but my music teacher actually pulled me aside to tell me how she thought i was the most beautiful child she's ever seen and that i just light up the room when i walk in it...she said you have something very special about you and i think you're capable of great things. might be something teachers just say...but i felt like she really meant it...and it really touched me at the time.
    What a wonderful and kind thing for her to say! When people can tell you a truthful kindness about yourself, it really does make all the difference in the world. It's always the little things, the small kind things, that I remember most.

Quote Originally Posted by ergophobe View Post
    Okay, I'll throw mine in too - after the two ladies.

I was standing at the bus stop outside a prominent museum, just waiting for a bus home. This guy stops the car he's driving, literally comes to a halt right in front of me and says, "will you marry me?". Then smiled and said he just thought I looked so beautiful that he had to stop and tell me. I laughed and said I was very flattered. I was and it still makes me smile. My only roadside marriage proposal!
    LOL! That's hilarious. I wonder what would have happened if you'd said "Yes"?!

MBTI
    infp

I've been told I'm going to be a phenomonal man when I'm older many times, or something along those lines anyway, with some variations, and they for the most part seemed sincere, although they are a bit vague... those compliments probably didn't get to me that deeply... it's usually a compliment on something you are unsure about that makes you feel the best. I never understood what those people meant, but I hope it ends up being true, hahaha.

I guess one compliment that made me feel really great was when a friend of mine said that I was a really awesome musician because I knew all my shit (i guess he meant like music theory and stuff) but that I still approached it by ear and using creative intuition, and that I always tried to do what sounded best even if it was simple and that I was never ever self indulgent when I played even if I was soloing. I guess thats somewhat of a complicated compliment, but all those things he said are exactly what I aim to do when I play, so I was really, reeeaaalllyyy happy when he said that, it made it seem like I was on track and that all the work I've put into trying to sound as good as I can was paying off. He wasn't aware that all those things were part of my personal philosophy, either, it was completely spontanious. I thanked him and told him that what he said exactly described how I always hoped I was, that it was the idela I pursued every day.

Recently I was talking to a girl I know about relationships and stuff, and I said something implying I thought I was a little too dorky sometimes for some girls or something, and she was just like "noooo, GZA!!!! You're freakin awesome, you don't even realize it, oh my god, you're actually soo cute and you don't even realize it at all!!" and she semi-flipped, hahahaha. I was like "alright, hahaha." She wasn't hitting on me or anything, we're entirely platonic and she is in a very commited relationship with another mutual friend, and she had moments earlier been talking about how she is completely incapable of thinking about any guy other than her boyfriend, so it seemed very genuine and honest.

Recently after I sang a really girly Taylor Swift song infront of hundreds of people as a joke, without changing the lyrics to be from a male perspective, a guy I know was like "holy shit, I love GZA!". I was like "....ok, thanks " I'm not sure why that one got to me so much...

I'll try to think of others.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

oh i love it! i wanna hear!! record it! record it! pleeeease.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

LOL! That's hilarious. I wonder what would have happened if you'd said "Yes"?!
    The flabbergasted look on my face would have tipped him off that I was only momentarily struck by insanity.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    oh i love it! i wanna hear!! record it! record it! pleeeease.
    what, the girly song? I was discussing this with a girl I know, I was saying I want to record it and add some really cool vocal harmonies I came up with, but I don't have the means to record and overdub, so I probably won't, hahaha.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    but I don't have the means to record and overdub, so I probably won't, hahaha.
    You should change that! I still want to hear some of the guitar stuff you've written.

@nonsequitur Hi What a nice thread. Care for another go? Revived. @Evee, you know what it is.
    Likes Evee, nonsequitur liked this post