8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Hey, Orangey! Lookie here *starts to sing loudly*

Country roads, take me home
    To the place I belong
    West virginia, mountain momma
    Take me home, country roads!

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post

To the place I belong

ROTFL! That's a good song actually.
    [youtube="nsAVwgHchoE"]Country Roads - John Denver[/youtube]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post

To the place I belong

Actually, though, I don't really hate that type...for me, listening to that song is like listening to some sort of folk music (though I love certain folk music, depending on where it's coming from). What I hate it this:

[YOUTUBE="Qns6Dt3McgQ"]Shania Twain[/YOUTUBE]

Note the absurd back-up men, or whatever they're called.

Peguy: You're right, I meant pop-country. If Johnny Cash counts as "old country", then I'm all for it.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

i will fight to the death to prove that pink floyd is the best band of all time (doesnt have to be everyones favorite...but they simply ARE the best )

so now that any bias is out of the way, i have to vehemently defend some people being cast into this thread.

1. john mayer. which john mayer do you hate??? I assure you that the "real" john mayer is not the guy who wrote those ridiculous songs like "daughters" or "the real world" or "wonderland".

I hate jack johnson as much as anyone, john mayer doesnt deserve to be thrown in with him. If you've ever seen mayer live you will realize he wrote all that other bullshit only to get famous enough to play what he wants...he is an amazing blues guitarist. its not his fault that everyone is obsessed with hip hop and "chill" stoner music. there is a world of difference between "wonderland" and some of the stuff on continuum.

2. linkin park. they are far from my favorite. however, they are far more innovative than something like nickelback. when they came out, it was something new and fresh.

I in general hate all rap. they have some of the most uninteresting melodies. Iron Maiden FTW considering awesome melodies .

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    1. john mayer. which john mayer do you hate??? I assure you that the "real" john mayer is not the guy who wrote those ridiculous songs like "daughters" or "the real world" or "wonderland".

I hate jack johnson as much as anyone, john mayer doesnt deserve to be thrown in with him. If you've ever seen mayer live you will realize he wrote all that other bullshit only to get famous enough to play what he wants...he is an amazing blues guitarist. its not his fault that everyone is obsessed with hip hop and "chill" stoner music. there is a world of difference between "wonderland" and some of the stuff on continuum.
    Really? I find most of his music to be annoying and sappy. Lyrics are not sophisticated.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    XNXP

On a pony she named Wildfire Trixy !!
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Mwahahaha! The jesus strikes again!

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Really? I find most of his music to be annoying and sappy. Lyrics are not sophisticated.
    well i might have a totally different perspective because i saw him live. he really opens up the floodgates as far as kick ass blues guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post

+1. It's definitely true that there are "two John Mayers". One of them is a GREAT blues guitarist. Nobody wants to hear that stuff, though. Except me and Babylon Candle.

As long as we're defending people from this thread, allow me to blow what little credibility I have and defend My Chemical Romance, Buckcherry, and Jet. It's just rock 'n roll, it doesn't have to change the world.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

I will agree with most of the bands/songs on this list, but I still think Jet's "Are You Going to Be My Girl?" is a great song. It's catchy, it has lots of guitars and a retro-classic sound. Even years later, it's still better than 99% of the emo crap on the radio.

I would like Rihanna to go FAR, FAR away. Trust me, Rihanna. You are not nearly as hot as you think you are.
    Something Witty