User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

I'm tired of people jumping on the bandwagon of just because its on the radio or its popular means it sucks. We get it, you got this awsome musical taste and your all cool because of your fascinating egocentrism.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    I'm tired of people jumping on the bandwagon of just because its on the radio or its popular means it sucks. We get it, you got this awsome musical taste and your all cool because of your fascinating egocentrism.
    Er, I'm not sure you're properly understanding.

It's the repetition that is aggravating.

You like repetition of the same music? Be my guest.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

It's called learning to deal with. MP3 player with tunes you like connected by various ways to your speakers. XM sattelite, making CD's, Listening to talk radio . . .

Just kidding, I feel you though about the repitition thing, I really though I would never get sick of Iris, but yeah.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    It's called learning to deal with. MP3 player with tunes you like connected by various ways to your speakers. XM sattelite, making CD's, Listening to talk radio . . .

Just kidding, I feel you though about the repitition thing, I really though I would never get sick of Iris, but yeah.
    I agree that the best option is to simply switch "frequencies" (although, I'm not sure how your second post cooperates with your first -- actually, it stands in opposition to it... ).

As I said earlier, the fastest way to kill attraction is through a lack of variety.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

Any of those country or top 40 rock songs that have that boring-ass descending-chord pattern that I'm probably not describing well enough for anyone to know what I'm referring to.
    ALL AROUND THE WORLD PEOPLE EATIN' GUMBO

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Toby Keith, Kenny Chesney.. all of those fuckers
    Oh good god do I hate these guys. It's to the point that even hearing their music playing casually in the background somewhere causes a violent emotional reaction in me. I literally need to be out of the presence of their "music" in order to return to normal mental functioning.

Add to that anything by Rascall Flatts :steam:.

Edit: Add Faith Hill, Shania Twain, and Martina McBride. In fact, go ahead and add the entire country genre.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

Gwen Stefani should have never left No Doubt, because her rap career is synonymous with the sound of a wounded legless chimpanzee squealing at the top of its lungs as its blood's getting mashed out by an overgrown steamroller (moving .1mph) while on an alcohol and salt covered road.

and its getting annoying that Lil Wayne is popping up everywhere. He's in a rock song now. Go stick to your fuckin genre.

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Oh good god do I hate these guys. It's to the point that even hearing their music playing casually in the background somewhere causes a violent emotional reaction in me. I literally need to be out of the presence of their "music" in order to return to normal mental functioning.

Edit: Add Faith Hill, Shania Twain, and Martina McBride. In fact, go ahead and add the entire country genre.
    Catching a glimpse of a country music video today is like getting smacked in the face with gimmicks. The whole genre, at least the mainstream part, seems to be producing the same bland over-produced-to-death pop-country song over and over again.

I've heard some very listenable country from 50+ years ago, I wish they'd go back to that, but with all the money involved in the country music industry, I think it would be impossible.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Oh yes how I hate them too!

In fact, go ahead and add the entire country genre.
    Now madame, you've gone a little too far there. Certainly the "New Country" sucks beyond belief, but don't touch the Old School style.

MBTI
    INFP

I'm pretty "ears-open"...except for most country music and hard core metal.
    I like understandable lyrics.
    Other than that anything goes.
    I usually get obsessed about an artist for a week and go leech on the next one.
    My music taste are not "accepted" where I go though so I hide my i-pod.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-