User Tag List

First 225275315323324325326327335375425 Last

Results 3,241 to 3,250 of 6893

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
    Serious, yes. Laugh quite a bit. not confrontational at all. And i am as far from dominant as anyone can be unless i'm having an engaging conversation with someone.
    Then maybe dominant is something you wish you were more.

What does the avatar mean to you?

MBTI
    INFX
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Then maybe dominant is something you wish you were more.

What does the avatar mean to you?
    no, not really. still trying to understand how dominance is a theme in the avatar?

It's the golem from LOTR - asking a question. So, the most i think you could get from that is curiosity, or questioning an idea or decision. And golem is just a well done literary character. it's really that simple.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

no, not really. still trying to understand dominant is a theme in the avatar?
    More trying to figure out what your motivation is. You've gotten a bunch of suggestions but shot them down. Most people are a little more agreeable than you. From what I can tell, you've taken a dominant/confrontational position with me, Sparrow and BlackCat, so yeah, still on that theme.

I see your edit now. I would still argue that it's not as simple as you make it out to be. Golem, in that picture, has a serious, pretty threatening face. A question can be asked naively and playfully, or confrontationally.

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Any opinions about mine ?
    You are in love with your inner world. You want everybody to see you are unique, which is true. But you are aware that being alone is making you lonely a bit, too. You like to consider yourself very strong, like nothing can bring you down, it's defense mechanism so you can remove yourself from fragility of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
    Likes to gather attention.
    Deja Vu; you are confused about life. At the same time you are very much in love with it. Your desire to understand everything about life makes you reflect a lot. Nobody really knows who you are and the beauty that lies in your soul.
    You are enjoying yourself and life more than you are aware of.

MBTI
    INFX
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Any opinions about mine ?
    Someone with awesome power, holding it in, waiting for the opportunity to unleash some amazing gifts.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Thumbs up

So, i've taken a dominant/confrontational position with people i don't know or have never met over an avatar?
    Yes.

Because i mentioned that they weren't true? Really?
    If you're really asking, then I would say partially because you rejected them, but more in the tone that you rejected them with. Short, dismissive posts indicate dominance and a reluctance to appease the other person.

Think of text messaging when you're upset or "over" someone. You don't write out smiley, engaging, personable replies when you're frustrated. You feel entitled and strong and take the dominant position, giving short, dismissive answers. You could have said "no, but that's interesting" or "i hadn't thought of that" or not even replied. All those would have conveyed similar information, but in a less dominant, dismissing tone.

The same tone is in the avatar. Look at Golem's face. He's asking a question, but he has no fear in his eyes. It's not so much a question as it is a direction: "don't do that." Golem is serious and even upset, just like the one-word texter.

/pseudoscience

MBTI
    INFX
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Hit me with your best shot!
    Avatar - one of the main characters from "third rock from the sun". Funny, smart, highly intelligent, considered quirky, as well as cool/down to earth.

MBTI
    INFX
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Yes.

If you're really asking, then I would say partially because you rejected them, but more in the tone that you rejected them with. Short, dismissive posts indicate dominance and a reluctance to appease the other person.

Think of text messaging when you're upset or "over" someone. You don't write out smiley, engaging, personable replies when you're frustrated. You feel entitled and strong and take the dominant position, giving short, dismissive answers. You could have said "no, but that's interesting" or "i hadn't thought of that" or not even replied. All those would have conveyed similar information, but in a less dominant, dismissing tone.

The same tone is in the avatar. Look at Golem's face. He's asking a question, but he has no fear in his eyes. It's not so much a question as it is a direction: "don't do that." Golem is serious and even upset, just like the one-word texter.

/pseudoscience
    I agree that Golem is saying "don't do that" indirectly by asking the question. But the tone is cautious rather than upset. But to be honest, it was an avatar used in the past because i had trouble inserting the link on the site. So, it was a default avatar, not the one i wanted to use.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I agree that Golem is saying "don't do that" indirectly by asking the question. But the tone is cautious rather than upset. But to be honest, it was an avatar used in the past because i had trouble inserting the link on the site. So, it was a default avatar, not the one i wanted to use.
    Okay. The tone seems directive to me, assertive, dominant. Dominance =/= domineering, by the way. Doesn't mean you're a jerk, it just means you're very self-sufficient.

Cheers. Excited for your next avatar.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :wubbie:
  • :smile:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)