Page 254 of 654 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264304354 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 6538

Thread: TypeCentral Members Psychoanalyze Your Avatar for Free

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    People are generally OK with being attacked for their perceived weaknesses, because they've usually associated with that weakness negatively. However, they generally cannot stand being attacked for their perceived strengths, because they've placed so much of their ego and positive self-conceptualization into those strengths.
    Yeah, that plus the fact that I believe many of the things Ni comes up with could be picked on if one were confronted by the type of person who would do something like that...

When an INTJ is young, he or she has only so much experience to deflect such criticisms.

As we grow older and more experienced, we have had the opportunity to forge a brilliant armor against any such attacks.

That being said, I was not picked on much at all as a kid. But I do remember the times when my intuitions were mocked, and it did have a deep and lasting impact from that(those) moment(s) on.

I remember wanting to tear a kid's face off...
    The Justice Fighter

XXXX - 6w5 8dw 3w4 sx/so - Neutral Good

"I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

Dreaming the life Array onemoretime's Avatar
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Yeah, that plus the fact that I believe many of the things Ni comes up with could be picked on if one were confronted by the type of person who would do something like that...

When an INTJ is young, he or she has only so much experience to deflect such criticisms.

As we grow older and more experienced, we have had the opportunity to forge a brilliant armor against any such attacks.

That being said, I was not picked on much at all as a kid. But I do remember the times when my intuitions were mocked, and it did have a deep and lasting impact from that(those) moment(s) on.

I remember wanting to tear a kid's face off...
    Te feels to us exactly the way Ne feels to you. Introverted functions are secure while extraverted functions are insecure. When the security of our introverted functions are questioned, we lash out to protect our egos from insecurity and potential death.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Anyway...

Back to the psychoanalysis!

Aramis: I'll get back to you on yours later...
    The Justice Fighter

I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

^ no idea if that's accurate, and i am feeling unusually uncertain and vulnerable after doing it...

strange.
    Part insecurity (on your part) AND part awareness that one is digging into soul areas, where sometimes steps are not meant to be taken by outsiders. (On a personal note, contemplating the isolation of that avvy makes me feel such loneliness; my tummy flip-flops. Sending an extra to No Exit; insightful analysis Zara.)

The premise of this whole thread is an area where one must be very sensitive ... such things are not meant to be taken lightly. That's why it feels uncomfortable sometimes to really, really intuit into people's avatars or personas here. It's taking a peek into private places that may or may not be prepared to be brought into the light. Accordingly, it's wise to be careful. I have hesitated many times from indulging in this activity.

Zarathustra, I would just caution you thusly. It feels a bit dangerous because ... it is.

I can do it for them if they promise the image is actually meaningful or symbolic in some way.
    It's why I don't use the pieces of the picture so much as how I feel about it; and why I reserve the right to not do it. Every one chooses a picture based on different criteria. As you can imagine, each type has their own lenses that affect their view of the world, and chooses accordingly. Either they choose on symbols, or how they feel about the picture, or some other aspects of "meaningfulness" - subjective interpretations all along the way.

It is scary to do this kind of "reading". I get feelings about people and situations and have no way of knowing if they are accurate or not, and no way to really "test" that. There's the possibility to share something only to have it blocked at the receiving end, or to miss the mark completely. And some people will have an avatar that is intended to conceal, not reveal. Many variables to account for.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
    How/why does avatar-analysis become personal for you?

The avatar is meaningful and representative of a time in my life. It is me on a jungle gym.
    Sometimes a picture is indeed, just a picture. Hand-wringing, in-depth analysis not required. But I can tell you what I feel from it if interested. I will be ducking out of this thread again ... so let me know soon if you want me to share a few thoughts.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

sammy

Anyway...

Back to the psychoanalysis!

Aramis: I'll get back to you on yours later...
    Thank you, Zarathustra. I can understand your caution though.

onemoretime, thanks for the analysis... it was slightly on the mark. I was being playful in that picture, but there was no pain involved. I was stuck on that gym, but laughing the whole time with genuineness. The way you described it though, is how I am right now. Off of the gym, on my feet, though.

P.S. I like your new avatar. It is a mindf*** to sit and think about

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Right on all counts, except the seeing nothing.

There is an openness, but not a nothingness.
    Remember, logic dictates if one is true, so is the other. See everything; see nothing.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Remember, logic dictates if one is true, so is the other. See everything; see nothing.
    That must be some interesting NF logic...

The Justice Fighter

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Someone have a go at mine. I'm interested.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Someone have a go at mine. I'm interested.
    You play too much World of Warcraft.
    The Justice Fighter

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

`~~Philosoflying~~` Array SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by No Exit View Post
    So if you get all that wrong.. you are not going to look the fool for trying..Instead, It certainly makes it all the more impressive that you pretty much nailed the feelings from my very personal symbolism..
    Hate to be a skeptic, but darling, your username is No Exit, y'know, that play by Sartre.

That, plus you're an INFP, I don't think I'd necessarily even have to look at an avatar of yours to give you insight about yourself.

When we do these picture processing games, in fact, we are taking in far more than just the image we receive, we also know who you are, most of the time via your posts on TypeC, and then we have your username, and MBTI type to boot.

Now, that is the larger, more cohesive picture we analyze, whether we know we are doing it consciously or subconsciously.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles