User Tag List

First 153203243251252253254255263303353 Last

Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 6983

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by No Exit View Post
    Hmm .. freakishly close.. Almost too close for comfort.. If you didn't express empathy I would probably hide for a couple days for feeling exposed.
    If you would have said something about the birds.. you might have gotten it all..
    Very insightful.
    Oh, I did think about the birds when I first looked at it...

It was a long time ago, so I forgot to mention...

I got two things from them: death and/or a passing by...

Almost a recognition of ephemerality, but not light-hearted; more tinged with a deep feeling of loss...
    The Justice Fighter

INTJ - 6w5 8dw 3w4 sx/so - Neutral Good

"I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Btw, No Exit, I saw your response to my analysis after I saw your question about my reaction...

The sense of vulnerability and what not has now subsided.

Thankfully...
    The Justice Fighter

I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
    The avatar is meaningful and representative of a time in my life. It is me on a jungle gym.
    You're stuck up there, alone, hurting, and no one's there to make you feel better. You ignore the pain to keep playing.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

AHHHH.. you are engaging your F... Squishy, isn't it?..
    I engage my F a lot...

But with this it's scary...

I don't like it... it's really hard...
    The Justice Fighter

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Oh, I did think about the birds when I first looked at it...

(about 7 hours ago, so I forgot to mention)

I got two things from it: death and/or a passing by...

almost a recognition of ephemerality, but less light-hearted, and more tinged with a deep feeling of loss...
    Spooky.. the birds are the loss.. They represent what I have lost.. you are extremely good at this even if it takes something out of you..Nothing good ever seems to come without some cost..

Maybe with practice it wont tax so much.??

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
    How/why does avatar-analysis become personal for you?

The avatar is meaningful and representative of a time in my life. It is me on a jungle gym.
    I don't know...

I've got to source something deep inside me, and doing so in the view of everybody, when I don't even know the person, and thus might be completely speaking out of my ass, is really difficult...

I have to source something deeply personal in order to do it, and, particularly with someone who I do not know, all I have to go off is a picture in front of me... so I have to look really deeply into their avatar to see what it is that I might find...

If someone's avatar were not very meaningful to them, and I were to tap that source in order to try and provide some meaningful analysis, and all in front of an audience, I would feel humiliated and betrayed...

I dunno, there's a lot to it, I guess...

I'm good at psychoanalyzing people when I know them; but it's really risky to do it with someone I do not know...

And going solely off an image that may or may not mean much to them...
    The Justice Fighter

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Spooky.. the birds are the loss.. They represent what I have lost.. you are extremely good at this even if it takes something out of you..Nothing good ever seems to come without some cost..

Maybe with practice it wont tax so much.??
    Maybe...

I can do this kind of stuff for people when I know them.

I can do it for them if they promise the image is actually meaningful or symbolic in some way.

I just fear tapping something very personal to me and being betrayed because the image is not actually meaningful to the person...

Generation of meaning is very important to me, and I think it is to INTJs in general...

So to open ourselves to that, and to potential betrayal, and all in the public eye...

It's tough.
    The Justice Fighter

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Related to another thread, I think that INTJs are often "so obsessed with proving our intelligence" because we don't like our Ni source to be prodded, poked, and laughed at...

It is very important to us -- even sacred -- and to subject it to exposure and potential betrayal is deeply personal...

At least for me...
    The Justice Fighter

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Maybe...

I can do this kind of stuff for people when I know them.

I can do it for them if they promise the image is actually meaningful or symbolic in some way.

I just fear tapping something very personal to me and being betrayed because the image is not actually meaningful to the person...

Generation of meaning is very important to me, and I think it is to INTJs in general...

So to open ourselves to that, and to potential betrayal, and all in the public eye...

It's tough.
    People are generally OK with being attacked for their perceived weaknesses, because they've usually associated with that weakness negatively. However, they generally cannot stand being attacked for their perceived strengths, because they've placed so much of their ego and positive self-conceptualization into those strengths.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I don't know...

I've got to source something deep inside me, and doing so in the view of everybody, when I don't even know the person, and thus might be completely speaking out of my ass, is really difficult...

I have to source something deeply personal in order to do it, and, particularly with someone who I do not know, all I have to go off is a picture in front of me... so I have to look really deeply into their avatar to see what it is that I might find...

If someone's avatar were not very meaningful to them, and I were to tap that source in order to try and provide some meaningful analysis, and all in front of an audience, I would feel humiliated and betrayed...

I dunno, there's a lot to it, I guess...

I'm good at psychoanalyzing people when I know them; but it's really risky to do it with someone I do not know...

And going solely off an image that may or may not mean much to them...
    In my case..as I mentioned earlier. it's very personal.. I have very specific ideas of what I need to find.. The symbols are key..but the search method is almost random.. that is why I say I don't find my avatars, they find me.
    The Phone (even better that I found a picture with 2) the Black Bird(s) and the landscape were just like hitting the jack pot in my case. The 2 moons were unexpected.. but they instantly connected to a song that is also related to the situation (Lyric.. Tonight the moon is a mirrorball)
    Someone painted this for me and knew I would find it when I needed to.. I know that sounds corny.

So if you get all that wrong.. you are not going to look the fool for trying..Instead, It certainly makes it all the more impressive that you pretty much nailed the feelings from my very personal symbolism..