MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by No Exit View Post
    So.. do me please ..
    My Pleasure ...

No Exit:
    You like pleasure but not pain ... there's a pain in your life you've been trying to avoid for quite some time now. Looking at it, examining it, is fearful for you. What is to fear but fear itself? But there's the rub; fear is scary, so how does one compensate for that? How does one grow beyond one's own self-imposed limitations? There's this fear that no one even listens, but really the one who's not listening is you, to yourself. You are stronger, bigger, faster, more capable than you believe yourself to be. The world is not as confusing as you feel it is right now; you just need some time to figure out what you want to do now. You can do this. The way out is through.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

That's all I can do for the moment; will recharge and be back.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Zarathustra:
    Shining intellect, on fire with the world. Everything is a beautiful pattern; but there's this reaching, this striving to find out what it all means. You wrap your thoughts around your world, and it leaves you still wanting more, more, more ... More thoughts to inspire you. And this reaching produces more insight, gradually discovering more of the pattern you want to see. But what is good, what is evil? You want it to be all laid out in front of you. You want to understand everything, but it's not yet time for that. There's a humble aspect to this avatar too; a very god-like yet human outcry to the sun and sky. The intellect will take you far on your quest, but you still have a soul to nourish.
    Not bad at all, miss. You have a beautiful ability.

A few years ago, you probably would have been spot on.

I'm glad you saw the humble aspect, because, most people who know me, would describe me as anything but...

The fact of the matter, though, is that I am humble. Not before man... before God...

I am not a religious person, at least not in the sense that we normally think of them. But I'm also not anti-religious; I am anti-stupidity.

For me, God means a living, conscious, meaningful universe.

Another important aspect of my avvy, in my opinion, is the ambiguity between whether I am projecting or receiving said "patterns".

Czecze, in a post just a few days ago, was scared by my avatar, and said that she thought I was projecting these patterns onto the world, or something akin to that (a very extroverted take on an introvert's avatar).

But if you look at the light coming into my character's left eye (the one on the right, when you're looking at it), you can see that the light is somewhat "squiggly" -- it does not appear to be the light of something that is being projected from the character onto the world, but something that is being both transmitted and received: from and between world and self.

This, in a large sense, is the meaning of my avatar: as the internal intuitions that arise within me do not feel as though they are merely my projections -- they feel as if they arise from some deeper, more universal, more all-encompassing source.

I sit in beautiful bewilderment, soaking in the idea that the universe whispers knowingly in my ear, where it is I'm supposed to be going, and what it is I'm supposed to be doing...

If only I have faith and learn to listen to her carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Loxias View Post
    Anyway, it displays some obvious attraction to the mystic, transcendental possibilities of the human experience imo.
    Ha!

Yeah, well, I'm sure that could be heard from my writings above, as well.

I've had enough experience in my life that that I would now feel comfortable with someone describing my stance on life as mystical...

For a while, the "yearning" PeaceBaby mentioned she saw in my avatar -- to know right from wrong, good from evil, truth from untruth -- was very strong in me. I could see things from all different perspectives... but which ones mattered? Which ones were real? Which ones were good?

The yearning is still true, but I no longer feel the yearning goes unanswered. I've heard too many of the universe's secrets. I see her patterns. And when I listen to her carefully, faithfully, and with openness, she guides me with a wisdom I could not do justice in describing.

So yes, while most everyone who knows me would call me an extremely critical (not skeptical), pragmatic, and precise thinker, I am very open to what might be described as the mystical and/or the transcendental.

Ah, too bad, I think they are worth checking out.
    Yeah, I respect a lot of people I know who like them, so...

I dunno, from afar, I get a slight sense of nihilism from their music. Is this accurate? I'm very over living with a nihilistic mindset. No need for it anymore.
    The Justice Fighter

INTJ - 6w5 8dw 3w4 sx/so - Neutral Good

"I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

My Pleasure ...

No Exit:
    You like pleasure but not pain ... there's a pain in your life you've been trying to avoid for quite some time now. Looking at it, examining it, is fearful for you. What is to fear but fear itself? But there's the rub; fear is scary, so how does one compensate for that? How does one grow beyond one's own self-imposed limitations? There's this fear that no one even listens, but really the one who's not listening is you, to yourself. You are stronger, bigger, faster, more capable than you believe yourself to be. The world is not as confusing as you feel it is right now; you just need some time to figure out what you want to do now. You can do this. The way out is through.
    Wow!! although my avatar has very specific meaning to me and does not really reflect that exact struggle you describe.. Your description of my inner state is extremely accurate ..
    I am impressed

MBTI
    INxj
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I dunno, from afar, I get a slight sense of nihilism from their music. Is this accurate? I'm very over living with a nihilistic mindset. No need for it anymore.
    Not at all, their music is quite idealistic and for that matter "mystical". A lot of their rythms are written according to mystical geometry. I think their progressive aspect (complex compositions and lyrics) bars the possibility of their music to be nihilistic.
    Their music is quite dark though.
    NiFiTeSe
    4w5 so/sp
    I 77% E 23%
    N 85% S 15%
    T 51% F 49%
    J 60% P 40%
    average of many test results combined

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Not at all, their music is quite idealistic and for that matter "mystical". A lot of their rythms are written according to mystical geometry. I think their progressive aspect (complex compositions and lyrics) bars the possibility of their music to be nihilistic.
    Their music is quite dark though.
    For years, I've been meaning to give them a better ear, but waiting for the right time.

I'll take this as the sign that the time is right.

I guess I might be conflating darkness with nihilism...

I've always preferred the light over the dark, though, so...
    The Justice Fighter

I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by No Exit View Post
    My avatars represent the landscape of my soul.. They are rife with symbolisim..
    I have a method for finding them intuitively. I do not seek out my avatars.. they seek me out.
    OK, good.

I saw PeaceBaby's, but I didn't read it.

I'll give you my brush at it as soon as possible.
    The Justice Fighter

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Not bad at all, miss. You have a beautiful ability.
    Thank you.

This, in a large sense, is the meaning of my avatar: as the internal intuitions that arise within me do not feel as though they are merely my projections -- they feel as if they arise from some deeper, more universal, more all-encompassing source.

I sit in beautiful bewilderment, soaking in the idea that the universe whispers knowingly in my ear, where it is I'm supposed to be going, and what it is I'm supposed to be doing...

If only I have faith, and learn to listen to her carefully.
    Very nicely expressed, and inspirational.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Phantonym

<-- Take a crack at it if you feel like it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Smile

Thank you.

Very nicely expressed, and inspirational.
    An inspirational INTJ?

How could that be???

The Justice Fighter

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :newwink: