User Tag List

View Poll Results: What probable type(s) is the author?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • ISFJ

0 0%
  • ISTJ

0 0%
  • ISFP

0 0%
  • ISTP

0 0%
  • INFJ

0 0%
  • INTJ

1 20.00%
  • INFP

0 0%
  • INTP

0 0%
  • ESFJ

3 60.00%
  • ESTJ

2 40.00%
  • ESFP

0 0%
  • ESTP

0 0%
  • ENFJ

0 0%
  • ENTJ

0 0%
  • ENFP

0 0%
  • ENTP

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default "How to Take a Training Course for Dummies"

A friend send me an e-mail today about her recent experiences hosting and sometimes running training courses for people in the behavioral health profession industry.

I asked her permission to post this here, I thought some people would enjoy reading it.

BONUS QUESTION: What do you think her MBTI type is?

...Sometimes I do the training and sometimes I just am on-site support, i.e. I run the registration table and make sure people sign in and out for continuing education units and make sure they pick up the handouts.

I am VERY organized. I have the sign-up sheets in alphabetical order WITH tent cards indicating in BOLD letters which names are on which sheets. Do you think people READ these??? Noooooooooooooooooooo!

I have the registration table set up to aid the flow of people traffic INTO the conference room. Sign in for training.....sign up for CEUs if you need/qualify (BTW if you don't know if you need these....you probably don't!!)...pick up handouts (YES YOU NEED ALL OF THEM OR I WOULDN'T HAVE BOTHERED TO COPY OR HAUL THEM ALL ACROSS THE BLEEPING STATE, DUMBASS!!!!) and find a seat.

I am so going to create a How to Take a Training Course for Dummies book.

Chapter 1 - The training is scheduled from 9-5.
    YES! YOU MUST STAY UNTIL 5.
    IT HAS BEEN A LONG DAY FOR ME TOO!
    I HAVE A LONG DRIVE TOO!
    I HAD TO MAKE ARRANGEMENTS FOR MY CHILDREN, WHY COULDN'T YOU?
    NO, YOU MAY NOT SIGN OUT EARLY TO BEAT THE RUSH...WHAT MAKES YOU SO SPECIAL!?!?!? EVERYONE ELSE HAS TO WAIT. AND IF YOU FOLLOW THE FLOW OF TRAFFIC IT WILL GO QUICKLY!!!
    AND LEAVE YOUR SNOOTY ATTITUDE AT HOME NEXT TIME....I AM NOT THE TRAINING NAZI!!!

Chapter 2 - Please read the emails that we send you.
    YES, I KNOW THAT THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH OUTLETS IN THE CONFERENCE ROOM FOR EVERYONE TO PLUG IN THEIR LAPTOP. THAT IS WHY WE SUGGESTED THAT YOU BRING A POWER STRIP AND/OR EXTRA CHARGED BATTERIES!!!!!!

NO, I DO NOT HAVE THE HANDOUTS FROM THE FIRST DAY OF TRAINING. YOU WERE REMINDED TO BRING THEM WITH YOU IN THE EMAIL THAT WE SENT YOU.

NO, I DO NOT VALIDATE OR REIMBURSE YOU FOR YOUR PARKING. PLEASE ASK THE HOTEL OR SUBMIT TO YOUR COMPANY FOR REIMBURSMENT!

Chapter 3 - The handouts
    YES, YOU NEED ALL THE HANDOUTS, INCLUDING THE ONE THAT STATES "IMPORTANT INFORMATION" AT THE TOP!!!!!!! DUH!
    NO, YOU MAY NOT TAKE EXTRAS FOR YOUR FRIEND WHO COULDN'T MAKE IT...COPY THEM YOURSELF!!!
    AGAIN, NO, I DO NOT HAVE THE HANDOUTS FOR THE FIRST DAY OF TRAINING!!!
    HEY, DUMBASS! IF IT SAYS "IMPORTANT INFORMATION" AT THE TOP OF A HANDOUT, DON'T YOU THINK YOU SHOULD TAKE THE TIME TO READ IT?!?!?!!? DUH!!!!!! THEN YOU WOULDN'T HAVE TO ASK ME SO MANY F*ING STUPID QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!!

Chapter 4 - Continuing Education Units
    REMEMBER THAT EMAIL WE SENT YOU??? EVERYBODY WILL GET A CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE TWO WEEKS AFTER THE TRAINING. WE NEED TIME TO PROCESS THE REGISTRATIONS AND ATTENDANCE SHEETS TO MAKE SURE THAT YOU DID INDEED ATTEND THE TRAINING AND THAT YOU STAYED FOR THE WHOLE TRAINING!

IF YOU NEED CEUs, YOU SHOULD KNOW YOUR LICENSE NUMBER. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A LICENSE OR A LICENSE NUMBER, YOU DO NOT NEED NOR DO YOU QUALIFY FOR CEUs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES, YOU NEED TO SIGN IN ON THAT CEU SHEET, IN ADDITION TO THE GENERAL SIGN IN SHEET. HOW ELSE WILL I KNOW THAT YOU NEED CEUs??????

Chapter 5 - Sign Out Procedures
    I make an announcement towards the end of the training regarding signout procedures....the teacher in me really comes out here...and I say, "When you are dismissed please proceed to the registration tables to sign out. The same sheet that you signed in on will have a column highlighted in purple...SIGN YOUR INITIALS IN THAT COLUMN AND YOU ARE FREE TO GO!!" Guess how many times during the sign out I have to repeat, "just sign you initials in the purple column" ...NO, YOU DO NOT NEED TO SIGN THE TIME....YOU ARE ALL LEAVING AT THE SAME TIME!!! DUH!!!
    Editor note: Yes, casing is exactly as submitted to me.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    1w2

Sounds like some PO'd ESFJ who tried to make sure everyone knew all the information they needed to know beforehand and yet everyone still forgot. I hear rants like that daily!
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INTP

Yea I'm definitely getting SJ vibes for sure. T or F is a little harder to determine, I can see a T getting narcissistic and referencing and personalizing things a lot in the face of incompetence. E or I is a little interesting as well. I would say it sounds sort of E ish because it doesn't seem abstracted or detached enough but that might just be a result of merging Intuition and Introversion in my own head.

So I think protean mix's evaluation is pretty accurate. I could see ISFJ possibly, but I don't sense shes a T after glancing through the post a bit more thoroughly.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

it somehow sounds almost EXACTLY like a rant that my ESTJ friend went on about the horrors of other people and thier disorganization and inability to follow rules a while back

she ended it with "while I know that I'm complaining about people like you, I still like you!"
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Isn't it obvious? lol, seriously. Although it could be an INTP if its intent was pure humor. I've impersonated similarly before.

MBTI
    INTJ

It sounds very much like my ISTJ boss who hates to repeat herself and calls people stupid when they don't read something that was significant, but she did not bother to communicate in an especially "important" way. But it's more extraverted than that, so I voted ESTJ, though my first thought was ESFJ, because of the "feeling" statements.

MBTI
    INTP

It reminded me a lot of my INTJ friend's complete lack of tolerance for idiocy. But, ESXJ is possible too.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.