User Tag List

First 678

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

A brief(!) hint to assist those who wish to develop their passive voice writing skills:

Abstract, intangible language is greatly to be preferred and simple, concrete words should be avoided altogether, where "concrete" is defined as something that can be placed into a container of some sort. For example: it is considered simple to visualise a "cat" being "lifted" into a "basket", but it is thought to be somewhat more taxing to conceptualise a "domesticated feline" being "vertically and horizontally translocated" into a "woven wickerwork vessel".

When using abstract language it is preferable to utilise complex, obscure or erudite words, which convey the superior intellect and skill of the passive artisan far more effectively than common-or-garden terminology could ever hope to achieve.

The author of this missive wishes to apologise to his avid readers for not continuing to espouse his learned wisdom at this time. A rather painful and bothersome cranial cephalalgia (commonly and rather vulgarly known as a "headache") has developed as a direct result of PVF (Passive Voice Fatigue) syndrome, causing the author to depart in search of an effective analgesic.
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

The extensive usage of the passive voice contained within this thread is found by me to be taken very seriously by a number of individuals. In addition, it is found by me that resumes written in such a voice are more likely to be read by prospective employers, for the indication is suggested that the passive voice is associated with proficiency in the English language and the ability to make sentence structures that are long, wordy, and complex. It is thus assumed that what is contained within the writing of this particular voice is insightful and fertile. It is also ideal that your 12-page college essays are written in the passive voice, for the number of characters per page is quickly increased, and it is therefore likely that less time will be taken when the essay is to be written. Strong intelligence is associated with this particular format of writing, for an extensive vocabulary is assumed. However, my understanding of what has just been said by me is very limited.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

The time has come for the revival of this thread...again.

It is fascinating as to what will come about when posts are made in this thread.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

This thread is to be revived. It is hoped that contributions are to be had. If I am the only one who is using the passive voice then no action is ever to occur.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Se

The aggressive voice in the temples of this throat yelled, "Shut the fuck up!", to the passive voice's thread. The passive voice bowed.
    I want my cake and I wanna eat it too