User Tag List

View Poll Results: Does Jack have a good sense of how to type people accurately here?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • He's good, like he says (i.e., better than average).

    19 41.30%
  • He's worse than he thinks (i.e., average or less than).

    27 58.70%
First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 171

  1. #81
    Senior Member ptgatsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    I think the post count is somewhat irrelevant. If you have a skill for getting something "constructive" in a line or two you can rack up the post counts pretty quick without necessarily trolling. I think we should have a multiplying factor based on word count per post*cough* bluewing *cough*
    Not validating it, just stating why it is relevent to the perception of trolling and such. It's a statistic that is used as a rule of thumb, not some golden standard. Meaning, it is more than just an impression, there are tangible measures to justify the opinion.

    But you are right - it should be about the part about "something constructive" that is relevent. Threads like this say there is a divide of opinion, however... even if it is a poor proxy.

  2. #82
    now! in shell form INA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    intp
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Yeah, well, that too. Have to admit.

    But my dang INFP kicks in and I start thinking about people's feelings.
    I didn't mean hilarious for the people doing the hidden gang-up. I mean that this type of secret gang-up made them look laughably childish. And weak. So it's hilarious for me.

    Edit: And even more ridiculous is touting this secret support. LOL.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

  3. #83
    Senior Member Anja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    2,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    I didn't mean hilarious for the people doing the hidden gang-up. I mean that this type of secret gang-up made them look laughably childish. And weak. So it's hilarious for me.
    I heard you, Strumpet.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

  4. #84
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    it's bad form in my opinion...if this was my first day here...i'd leave

  5. #85
    Senior Member Simplexity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Not validating it, just stating why it is relevent to the perception of trolling and such. It's a statistic that is used as a rule of thumb, not some golden standard. Meaning, it is more than just an impression, there are tangible measures to justify the opinion.

    But you are right - it should be about the part about "something constructive" that is relevent. Threads like this say there is a divide of opinion, however... even if it is a poor proxy.
    True but don't you know I despise hard cold facts(no sensor hate, just avoidance) but yeah I definitely see your point of view. From the general gist though of his posts I would say if you sampled randomly 1-200 of them you would see that they are more in the realm of asking vague yet somewhat rational and constructive questions. A lot of which drew negative responses based more on the fact that they were left unanswered. Of course interspersed would be a decent amount of general chit chat.

    He does have a knack for having some rationale and spiteful the messages are. The nature of his posts don't seem to me too vulgar, distasteful, or grossly unnecessary. You could even argue that even in some cases where they were perceived to be so the conflict they aroused were very telling in an MBTI sense.
    Last edited by Simplexity; 11-07-2008 at 03:27 AM.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

  6. #86
    Emerging Tallulah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    I think Jack is pretty good at typing people. I hadn't noticed him being extraordinary at it.

    I'm surprised he's getting flak (HA!) for being a troll. He posts a lot, but he's usually either perceptive or funny or both. I enjoy his posts.

  7. #87
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    366

    Default

    IMO, he's at least better than most.

  8. #88
    Senior Member ptgatsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    He does have a knack for having some rationale even in disputes, I think the distinction of trolldom should lie in how personal and irrelevent the inciteful messages are. The nature of his posts don't seem to me too vulgar, distasteful, or grossly unnecessary. You could even argue that even in some cases where they were perceived to be so the conflict they aroused were very telling in an MBTI sense.
    I address my problems directly when I'm involved, so I really want to avoid getting into it from my point of view.

    Conceptually I know where you are coming from - meaning doesn't have to contain a lot of words... look at the content. However, someone who posts only a little but finds insightful things to say still won't have a high post count. What you are saying is that a large scale poster virtually never has to stop and think, expand, explain, research, (and so on) his posts. To do in excess of 50 a day, literally 7 days a week, would take me the better part of an *active* 4-8 hours a day. That is, between 5-10 minutes a post, on average. (Lots of mine are below that, naturally, but some are higher.) Even if you think it is possible to write a meaningful post everytime in a minute, it tends to require reading the thread, or the answers. That's why the metrics are what they are - not because it is arbitary, but because time constraints make it meaningful.

  9. #89
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    i think half his posts are probably in his music blog anyway right?? the boy likes his music...i can't believe number of posts is even being brought up...anyway...since i'm so new here i'll just leave you to it...

  10. #90
    Senior Member reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    1,211

    Default

    I am untypable. Jack knows this.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

Similar Threads

  1. Who you are VS who you'd like to be
    By lucibelle in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 156
    Last Post: 02-19-2015, 10:14 PM
  2. [NT] If You Change Your Avatar, I Won't Remember Who You Are.
    By Blank in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-28-2012, 09:24 AM
  3. Personality Type isn't about who you are
    By stellar renegade in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 04:57 PM
  4. [NF] Being FiNe with who you are
    By William K in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 09:31 PM
  5. Post the song(s) that best describe who you are
    By CzeCze in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 05-24-2009, 09:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO