User Tag List

View Poll Results: Does Jack have a good sense of how to type people accurately here?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • He's good, like he says (i.e., better than average).

19 41.30%
  • He's worse than he thinks (i.e., average or less than).

27 58.70%
First 3456715 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Well, considering everyone approaches their own angle when typing people and thus see different traits, I voted that he is good at typing people.

Most people seem to type people their own type because that person is a fan of theirs or they relate to that person in a certain way. Or they will doubt a person's type because they don't identify with the other person. That is what is referred to in the typology profession as really shitty typing.

Jack has his own method of typing and looks beyond the obvious. Whether or not you agree with his typing is a different story, because, as I said, we all form our different approaches.

MBTI
    INTP

As for Jack's typing abilities, he isn't as good as he thinks. He thought I was an INFJ and, of course, I can never forgive the fact that he thought Mila Jovovich was an ESFJ when she is clearly an SP.

Otherwise, I agree with usehername. He is good at being a politician here. Nearly 6000 posts since July is absolutely staggering, but the thing is half of them seem to be friendly and chit-chatty while the other half seem to be in support of a theory, whatever it may be. It's almost like he has a way of highjacking every thread and making his point of view the center of attention. He is so prolific, and he does such a good job of sounding right, that it is useless to try to argue. I'd say that there is a good chance that he is actually an ENTP but I am not convinced one way or the other.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    As for Jack's typing abilities, he isn't as good as he thinks. He thought I was an INFJ and, of course, I can never forgive the fact that he thought Mila Jovovich was an ESFJ when she is clearly an SP.
    Can you link me to where I typed you? I'm not saying I didn't, but I have no recollection of it, and would like to read it.

Jovovich: I do think ESFJ, but it's "moderate to high certainty." I'm not sure.
    Otherwise, I agree with usehername. He is good at being a politician here. Nearly 6000 posts since July is absolutely staggering, but the thing is half of them seem to be friendly and chit-chatty while the other half seem to be in support of a theory, whatever it may be. It's almost like he has a way of highjacking every thread and making his point of view the center of attention. He is so prolific, and he does such a good job of sounding right, that it is useless to try to argue. I'd say that there is a good chance that he is actually an ENTP but I am not convinced one way or the other.
    That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me, or close to it. Thanks.

(You may or may not take my word for it, but I know I'm INTP. I've known INTPs and ENTPs, and one fits better.)

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Can you link me to where I typed you? I'm not saying I didn't, but I have no recollection of it, and would like to read it.

Jovovich: I do think ESFJ, but it's "moderate to high certainty." I'm not sure.

That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me, or close to it. Thanks.

(You may or may not take my word for it, but I know I'm INTP. I've known INTPs and ENTPs, and one fits better.)
    I didn't mean any offense, for what it's worth. Just trying to be honest :/

And actually, you typed me INFx. It's on my profile wall or whatever.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Jack Flak currently has 5669 posts; there are currently 388 218 posts on MBTIc.

This means that since he joined this summer he has now singlehandedly taken over 1.46% of the boards. I think anyone who posts this much who a) didn't pour their heart and soul into envisioning and founding MBTIc back in the day, and b) joined so relatively recently makes you think why they are posting this much.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-eminem-4.html

ISTP
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post331643

If he's N, he's probably ENTP.

Add: someone else thinks he is: TypeCast | Personality and Temperament Resources

reznor entp has over 2x the google results of the next closest type.

All circumstantial, but ENTP feels right to me, much more so than INFP and reasonably moreso than ENFP.
    Anyone who is a fan of either Eminem or Trent Reznor knows that both of these type assessments are incredibly off.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTP

I'd like to add, though, that Jack is very nice and smart... I was just griping about the overconfidence before, but I forgot to balance it out with the positive and came across as hateful when I really am not. Pardon my lack of Fe.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

a type is only one angle of someone. learn the person, not the type.

though i do believe jack is probably half decent at typing people, just cause hes a smart dude (for the most part )
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    I didn't mean any offense, for what it's worth. Just trying to be honest :/

And actually, you typed me INFx. It's on my profile wall or whatever.
    I didn't take any offense, I really saw it as a compliment!

That "INFx?" included a question mark! It was one of my snap type jobs of people I do for fun. I don't remember why I did...Oh yes, it was your song choices (There was no type in your type box at the time, iirc). Based only on your posts in this thread, I would guess INFP. Your quickness to take back what you saw as possibly an insult suggests a "caring attitude" beyond that of the average INTP, who would leave it to the reader to become offended, and then possibly apologize. In my function system, I think Intuition Primary with Feeling in Support fits. This isn't to say you don't connect Thinking with Intuition, as you obviously do, but it seems as if there is an aura of emotional value assessment about you. I could be wrong, of course.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I'm sorry. I'm struggling with the rules - again.

Why does Jack get slammed/shutdown for (mis)typing cafe, but people can abuse him silly here and elsewhere with impunity?

This looks like victimization to me. It makes me sick to my stomach.

I guess we all learn not to try to type madmins.