User Tag List

View Poll Results: Does Jack have a good sense of how to type people accurately here?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • He's good, like he says (i.e., better than average).

19 41.30%
  • He's worse than he thinks (i.e., average or less than).

27 58.70%
First 2345614 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I'd give a more thorough reply but I don't care to be Jack's cumrag.
    That's a bit rude, is it not? How's this:

I wouldn't F you with Edgar's. OH SNAP

Thanks IF and TG. :?)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I'm curious about the post-to-view ratio:

Is it very high because people are afraid to voice their perspective in fear of Teh Jack wrath? Or is it simply that there are a small number of very interested people in this thread? Or both?
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFP

Well, dang. I can't participate in the black and white - is he or isn't he stuff, you know. Because human beings are difficult to nail down.

We have moods. We go through changes.

My personal definition of a troll is someone who is lonely and seeking negative attention. The flow of conversation is not important. The goal is self-aggrandizement, and here's the catch, AT EVERYONE ELSE'S EXPENSE.

A troll is someone who consistently plays a game and the name is "I win and you lose, sucker." "Sucker" being the definitive here. And it is impossible to beat the troll at his own game. Because he defines the rules and he will change them if it suits his purpose.

I know that game when I see it and it doesn't take long to recognize it for the rigid and unpleasant pattern that it is.

When I came here, as I've said, you caught my attention rapidly, Jack, and I asked the question of myself. Is he or isn't he?

I can't call you a troll. When I encounter you I read with interest. And I see a delightful sense of irony, intelligence and wit. Sometimes discouragement? And you seem to have a sense of fair play.

Yes, some of your comments sting but I haven't seen you go for the jugular.

When I read you I usually get the sense that you have tracked the conversation and are not just popping in to be disruptive. I respect that.

And I often learn something from your terse observations.

You have a need to be logical and right and that's some frustrating to me but I don't see that as outstandingly different from most human beings.

Guess I'd have to say that I would consider you a go-to guy if I had a question about type.

My general sense of you is of someone who is "of" rather than simply acting upon.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

@ Userhername

I don't like the question. I don't like the poll. I don't like the personal attacks.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Well, dang. I can't participate in the black and white - is he or isn't he stuff, you know. Because human beings are difficult to nail down.

We have moods. We go through changes.

My personal definition of a troll is someone who is lonely and seeking negative attention. The flow of conversation is not important. The goal is self-aggrandizement, and here's the catch, AT EVERYONE ELSE'S EXPENSE.

A troll is someone who consistently plays a game and the name is "I win and you lose, sucker." "Sucker" being the definitive here. And it is impossible to beat the troll at his own game. Because he defines the rules and he will change them if it suits his purpose.

I know that game when I see it and it doesn't take long to recognize it for the rigid and unpleasant pattern that it is.

When I came here, as I've said, you caught my attention rapidly, Jack, and I asked the question of myself. Is he or isn't he?

I can't call you a troll. When I encounter you I read with interest. And I see a delightful sense of irony, intelligence and wit. Sometimes discouragement? And you seem to have a sense of fair play.

Yes, some of your comments sting but I haven't seen you go for the jugular.

When I read you I usually get the sense that you have tracked the conversation and are not just popping in to be disruptive. I respect that.

And I often learn something from your terse observations.

You have a need to be logical and right and that's some frustrating to me but I don't see that as outstandingly different from most human beings.

Guess I'd have to say that I would consider you a go-to guy if I had a question about type.

My general sense of you is of someone who is "of" rather than simply acting upon.
    That's a very contemplative post, Anja. I appreciate your consideration.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I can actually give this Spaniard a T-Up.

That's legit props, son.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I'm curious about the post-to-view ratio:

Is it very high because people are afraid to voice their perspective in fear of Teh Jack wrath? Or is it simply that there are a small number of very interested people in this thread? Or both?
    I have no way to determine Jack's ability, and so I can't answer. My feeling is not sufficient to state one or the other, unfortunately. Don't think that is a prevalent attitude, but it's mine

I suspect both, however, to various degrees. Those that don't want to any repercussions of their vote... those that just don't want to be involved but are observing... and those that feel strongly about it. That's my model!

MBTI
    INXP

I'd say he's not half as good as he thinks he is, but he's twice as good as most people.

I get the whole bravado thing. It's not my cup of tea, but if it's part of the package, then it's worth it.

And +1 to ThatGirl. You heard it here first, kids.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Aight peace out Dawgs.
    This slice has to go represent.

And I'm not talking about voting.
    we fukin won boys

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

He's actually fairly decent at typing people*, but far from perfect. Esp. when he avoids V.I.

*except for Shai Gar