User Tag List

View Poll Results: Does Jack have a good sense of how to type people accurately here?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • He's good, like he says (i.e., better than average).

19 41.30%
  • He's worse than he thinks (i.e., average or less than).

27 58.70%
First 51314151617 Last

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I could be a lady God Damnit! WTF!

I wouldnt mind being called a lady
    Hey, Lady, how is it going?

I think lady is fine word.

ThatGirl

Even though I dont play for that team......thank you?

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    I would say Jack is too much of a controlled smart ass.
    I really have to disagree with that. He's entirely out of control.

I have to say, initially, I was put off a bit by some of his posts. He seems to lack certain, umm, social filters. But dammit, as hard as I've tried not to, I've gotten to like the guy. I haven't sensed any genuine malice behind any of what he says, and I don't think trolling is his intention at all. A troll overtly wants everyone to get riled up and start flaming. I think Mr. Flak just doesn't care one way or the other. He thinks of something clever and snarky to say, and doesn't let consideration for the target stop him. In fact, he often posts things similar to what I've thought but decided against posting. So, sometimes inconsiderate? Yeah, probably. But troll? Nope. If it makes you feel any better, think what the things he does filter must be like.

Regarding the initial topic of this thread (You don't know Jack! But does he know you?), I haven't paid attention to any of his typing of people. I guess the number of rats asses I have to offer on that subject adds up to pretty much zero.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Martoon View Post
    I really have to disagree with that. He's entirely out of control.

I have to say, initially, I was put off a bit by some of his posts. He seems to lack certain, umm, social filters. But dammit, as hard as I've tried not to, I've gotten to like the guy. I haven't sensed any genuine malice behind any of what he says, and I don't think trolling is his intention at all. A troll overtly wants everyone to get riled up and start flaming. I think Mr. Flak just doesn't care one way or the other. He thinks of something clever and snarky to say, and doesn't let consideration for the target stop him. In fact, he often posts things similar to what I've thought but decided against posting. So, sometimes inconsiderate? Yeah, probably. But troll? Nope. If it makes you feel any better, think what the things he does filter must be like.
    I agree with you on that aspect. The initial claim was in response to an argument against him being an INTP and I would say his comments or posts aren't as diffuse as one would typically expect of an ENTP. Their too much of a controlled fury, I think it is much more likely he doesn't take that extra processing step to compose his post's in accordance to others. It seems more like those base thoughts you were talking about having.

Thats an interesting argument to make though. I remember PT mentioning how he sensed my thought patterns were much different and I stated that It seems as if I have the need to externalize my meandering thought process in all its detail. Something that a lot of people fault Nocapszy for not doing, Jack on the other hand seems to pose the question that would lead to elaboration, while Nocapszy gives you little bits and pieces of his and expects you to fill in the blanks.

I think the two styles are very fundamentally different and I was stating that by saying he was more controlled as opposed to someone like Nocapszy an obvious ENTP.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    I agree with you on that aspect. The initial claim was in response to an argument against him being an INTP and I would say his comments or posts aren't as diffuse as one would typically expect of an ENTP. Their too much of a controlled fury, I think it is much more likely he doesn't take that extra processing step to compose his post's in accordance to others. It seems more like those base thoughts you were talking about having.

Thats an interesting argument to make though. I remember PT mentioning how he sensed my thought patterns were much different and I stated that It seems as if I have the need to externalize my meandering thought process in all its detail. Something that a lot of people fault Nocapszy for not doing, Jack on the other hand seems to pose the question that would lead to elaboration, while Nocapszy gives you little bits and pieces of his and expects you to fill in the blanks.

I think the two styles are very fundamentally different and I was stating that by saying he was more controlled as opposed to someone like Nocapszy an obvious ENTP.
    Oh, actually, I agree. I was just being silly in the first sentence of my post. You said "controlled", so I had to throw in the "he's out of control!" bit.

No, Jack definitely has that cool, calculating snark of an INTP. I don't doubt his type at all. I think he could be well served by a little selective filtering, but I don't doubt his type.

So when do I get my thread, where everyone fights over me?
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

MBTI
    INTP

Oh, actually, I agree. I was just being silly in the first sentence of my post. You said "controlled", so I had to throw in the "he's out of control!" bit.

No, Jack definitely has that cool, calculating snark of an INTP. I don't doubt his type at all. I think he could be well served by a little selective filtering, but I don't doubt his type.

Well first you, umm, how do I say this, have to be a little bit of a dick.

And second I'm too damn literal for my own good sometimes when I get engaged in something. The same trait has made for some after the fact self-deprecating humor in real life.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

You had your day.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    You had your day.
    Seriously. That was some amazing Jedi shit right there.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    *he is so ENTP itís not funny
    ENTPs are the SPs of the NTs?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Oh, I remember now. I voted "not as good as he thinks" because he was dead wrong about Sarah Mclachlan.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness