User Tag List

View Poll Results: Does Jack have a good sense of how to type people accurately here?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • He's good, like he says (i.e., better than average).

19 41.30%
  • He's worse than he thinks (i.e., average or less than).

27 58.70%
First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    I think this is just a case of opposites clashing. I am perfectly fine with vague open ended posts that don't necessarily directly come to consensus or conclusions on things. I would sense that this is probably a pet peeve of yours. Personally when you have a mindset similar to mine or Flaks, these things are not the least bit concerning and if you were so inclined you could utilize those "traits" you could conceivably post to a very high degree. My friends IRL know that if theres a situation that arises that I will be quick to bullshit and rationalize anything no matter the topic or context, and I do this largely by asking short inquistive open ended questions and just sort of throwing them on the wall and seeing what sticks the most. Online you have a greater ability to do this because writing affords you the ability to be more Concise if that is your intentinon.
    I don't have much to say to this, but I don't want to leave it hanging. I think there are components of the clash, but together with the way you post and the statistics showing an extremely high velocity, there is more than simply the clash than what you highlight above.

Even if you do do what you say, I see none of it in Jack. I accept exploring concepts, even if it means throwing a lot of questions out there. I have never gotten that from Jack. Might be because I'm an S though, which he brings up most of the time we engage. Or it might just be because so many of his posts are "I'm not explaining it to you" kind of dismissive.

MBTI
    INTP

Yea I think that is the biggest hangup, and I don't know that I can necessarily convey my mindset to you, because personally it doesn't spike my emotions at all. I can see how it could annoy others, just like sometimes when I'm trying to talk to someone and they are being extremely dismissive and emotional and not as receptive to my reasoning. It might just be little small mannerism's here or there or slightly just goading me but it INFURIATES me sometimes and to a neutral observer it might just be small little things.

I could see how that "initial" clash couple with his intent to ask questions that he doesn't intend to necessarily answer and has an air about him could rub some the wrong way. I think it might just be a perfect storm of things that sort of serve to blow it up a little more than it otherwise should. Am I saying it's not his intention to stir things up a bit. No. To me though it is all in good fun, But to others it might not necessarily seem that way.
    Last edited by Simplexity; 11-07-2008 at 03:32 AM.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Your Thinking Primary persuasion is very clear here. I would advise you to forward your Intuition, but I know that's impossible. :P
    This is the reason why everyone is angry.

What you're doing is typing people differently from yourself, which is fine -- but then, once you do, you decide that they are unable to understand your genius and are stuck in their tiny, feeble mortal mindsets because they do not have the mighty power of INTUITION!

You know. Kind of like the path too many people here were going down, only super-concentrated and now even focused against NJs.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    This is the reason why everyone is angry.

What you're doing is typing people differently from yourself, which is fine -- but then, once you do, you decide that they are unable to understand your genius and are stuck in their tiny, feeble mortal mindsets because they do not have the mighty power of INTUITION!

You know. Kind of like the path too many people here were going down, only super-concentrated and now even focused against NJs.
    [youtube=V30tyaXv6EI]That is good.[/youtube]

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Oh, just to be clear, the problem isn't with time on the forum, but the velocity of posts. For example, someone who posts ten times a day but spends only ten minutes on the forum is likely worse than someone who spends an hour on the forum and posts thirty times.
    So when's the part when you're going to be clear? What do you mean "likely worse"? Worse at typing people?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    So when's the part when you're going to be clear? What do you mean "likely worse"? Worse at typing people?
    "Likely" has nothing to do with typing people but "likely worse" in terms of quality of posts as he had "likely" mentioned a few posts back.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    So when's the part when you're going to be clear?
    About the same time you understand me, I guess.

What do you mean "likely worse"? Worse at typing people?
    I was referring to the quality of posts being worse, in general. In this quote, it was referring to the restrictions due to time constraints.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Using ptgatsby's General Theory of Post Quality, I'm bound to post with excellence. *warmth and satisfaction*

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Using ptgatsby's General Theory of Post Quality, I'm bound to post with excellence. *warmth and satisfaction*
    This is the type of thing that infuriates me. Jack is soooooo condescending and "witty" but I mean seriously what the hell. All day! :steam:
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I think of myself more as "condescending" and witty.